JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it weren't for evil little online trolls who would physically stalk you, vandalize your cars, burn down your house, or murder you when you weren't looking SIMPLY because you call them out on their BULL SHEITE or DARE to disagree with them.... then yeah, maybe we would use our real names. Why make their jobs easier? I'm more than likely saving THEIR lives anyway.

FWIW- I don't say anything online that I wouldn't say to your face, ask the multitudes of members here that have met me face to face. ;)
This guy, JRUBY, does use his real name!

There is a difference in my mind between killing and murder.
I do not murder the animals I hunt.

This is not a topic that I take lightly nor think is worthy of smartazz remarks.
To murder someone or something is a crime at least and a sin at most.

No offense meant to those who think or feel differently.
Andy

Interesting take on it...and yes I was being a smartazz about it.

The bible does list is as "thou shall not kill" though.

I murdered about 600 sage rats this spring. The rancher was most appreciative of that. Murdered about a million ants this year trying to get into my house, which made the wife happy. We murdered a cow and she was tasty. Hope to murder a deer this fall.
Sugar ants are crazy this year in my house... what did you use to murder them?

King James mistranslated, original Hebrew is "thou shalt not murder", more literally "kill with evil in your heart."

Stupid liberals... do they think bacon grows on trees or something? *snort*

No matter which translation of the Bible one has read...To me , murder is killing for gain , profit or for no purpose.
Killing is something that might have to be done , at times.
Note I am not saying that I am better than God or any saint , just that the above is my "translation" of what I have read in parts of the Bible

I have no wish to come off as a hardass here....that is not my intent.
Please take a moment to really read and think about what my next comments imply:
I have hunted whenever I could spare the time since I was 13 and I have always dome my best to make sure that the animal taken was killed cleanly and quickly.
Also I have served four combat tours and have done what I needed to in order to come home.
I do not like the idea , nor the comparisons to murder in either of the above context.

Again I mean no offense to you or anyone else...just wanted to give some background on why I feel very strongly about the subject.
Andy

What kind of world exists around people like these?
It's not so much about the world existing around people like these but more like the people who now exist in the world. The world is still the same - it hasn't changed but the people who exist IN it are trying hard to change it - and the harder they try the harder the world fights back. These are the types of people who cannot live in the world as it is - working to make it better and accepting what they cannot Change so they work to change the world to meet THEIR wants and needs.

Sugar ants are crazy this year in my house... what did you use to murder them?

We put liquid Terro on a piece of cardboard at first and covered it with a plastic dish with cut out to keep the pets out. Terro's only active ingredient is boron, so you can save money and make it yourself with a sack of bulk boron and sugar or honey. That is what we did later on when the Terro ran out.

Boron has to be taken back to the colony though, so it takes 3-4 days for it to be effective. You have to live with the ants that long. Don't spray them with Raid or other poison, or they won't be able to take the boron back to the colony. In all cases but one it totally wiped out the entire colony and we never saw another ant in that part of the house. In that one case I don't know what was going on, but it took a couple weeks and there were still a few stragglers.

I still have some Dursban and Diazinon left over from back when you could still buy it. It didn't faze them at all and that stuff is toxic. I think they have evolved to like it.

We put liquid Terro on a piece of cardboard at first and covered it with a plastic dish with cut out to keep the pets out. Terro's only active ingredient is boron, so you can save money and make it yourself with a sack of bulk boron and sugar or honey. That is what we did later on when the Terro ran out.

Boron has to be taken back to the colony though, so it takes 3-4 days for it to be effective. You have to live with the ants that long. Don't spray them with Raid or other poison, or they won't be able to take the boron back to the colony. In all cases but one it totally wiped out the entire colony and we never saw another ant in that part of the house. In that one case I don't know what was going on, but it took a couple weeks and there were still a few stragglers.

I still have some Dursban and Diazinon left over from back when you could still buy it. It didn't faze them at all and that stuff is toxic. I think they have evolved to like it.
I've been putting out terro(clear liquid in orange box) and they seem to love it, but every couple weeks another bunch shows up. Haven't seen any in a few days though... hopefully I got em.

I've been putting out terro(clear liquid in orange box) and they seem to love it, but every couple weeks another bunch shows up. Haven't seen any in a few days though... hopefully I got em.

With most insects, there is always larva incubating that will not be controlled by the same things that control adults when you are trying a mechanical control versus chemical control, or one with systemic or residual action. You will always have a varying cycle of hatching and growing insects for a period until you eventually get them all, but by the sheer numbers of ants you seldom will get total control.

King James mistranslated, original Hebrew is "thou shalt not murder", more literally "kill with evil in your heart."

Stupid liberals... do they think bacon grows on trees or something? *snort*
That's different cause obviously farm animals think "oh boy I hope I die and feed someone at the market" upon birth according to them. :rolleyes:

I have a friend whose sister is that way. Its logic I'll never understand.

The people that think this way about hunting have no clue about any thing, let alone where food comes from. These people are robots, nothing more, they exist in their own little world, and enteract with like people, having no clue or skill with communicating with others, and when they are forced, or get called out, they resort to rants and tantrums to off set the lack of basic people skills! I put absolutely zero thought toward these folks, I know full well that I cannot ever say or do any thing to convince them of any thing, so I never try! I just live my life on my terms, and don't give a flying phuk about what they think or do, as long as it has no effect on me! Cross that line and they wish they didnt!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top