JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just point them a slaughter house for beef. Or how milking cows are kept in a pregnant state all the time. Then show them the cheeseburger from McDonald's and ask them which is more humane

Theres a British outdoor channel I watch on youtube - the guys were out with a warden who manages a large estate full of deer. He was culling sick and injured deer (with a suppressor equipped rifle no less, because its the neighborly thing to do!) When some twat woman walking her german shepard off leash started calling him a cold blooded murderer. Guy kept his cool and explained to her he was humanely dispatching wounded animals that had been injured by dogs like hers because self important ignorant owners let their dogs run off leash, against the estates rules. There was a nice young buck with a broken leg that had survived a runin with a dog but was not moving so well.

Guy has to put down so many deer on that estate most of the venison goes to feed his own dogs.

Humans are stupid creatures. Give one anonimity and a soapbox and we say some evil, stupid stuff sometimes.

I watch hunting vids on youtube sometimes. I happened to look down in the comments to a few random vids and I am appalled at the bigotry against hunters. People claiming that hunters are murderers that just love to kill. Telling them to kill themselves. Saying the hunter and his family should be murdered for the act of harvesting wild game.
I almost cannot express how very sad and disturbed this makes me feel. How come you never see people attacking vegans for their choice of nutrition acquisition???

I just can't imagine the mind of some one that equates legal hunting to murdering their fellow man. They are doing some serious mental gymnastics to get to this outcome, and to what end? To make themselves feel more superior to others perhaps? How pathetic. How very, very sad.:(
People become very "brave" when they have the wall of the internet to hide behind....turns them all into bad 12 year olds who think they're funny.
...of course, some people are delusional and just think that because they think something, then its actually true.

Dean

Paranoid?
I know a local guy personally who lipped off on line, and three guys found out where he was shooting one weekend and showed up before mouthy got there. One drove from SO Cal, the other from near Seattle and one was local. The didn't ID themselves, but took photos of mouthy handing them one of his guns to try out...a kindly gesture at the range with newfound, like-minded friends.

A day or so later they posted all the photos and asked mouthy why he didn't beat them up as he said he would.
It could have gone a lot worse considering who these guys are...
Sounds to me the guy was overloading his as s with his mouth. If he said he was going to do something and didn't I think he got what he deserved it. Say what you mean mean what you say.

And what the stupid dog owner would say my dog wouldn't hurt a fly. People today are so isolated to where their food comes from it is not funny and that is the fault of the non education system posing as education and labor laws that prevent kids from working, picking the very food they eat. I and generations of kids before me used to make money picking crops, mowing lawns, delivering newspapers and a bunch of other jobs. Today these jobs are the domain of low wage immigrants who in my opinion are not needed or wanted. I started working when I was 10 years old and it did not hurt me in my opinion. My mother and my father were both college graduates who worked agricultural jobs in their teens during the summer and they were not ashamed of the fact. Today we expect people not work until they are in their mid 20's and then wonder why they have no work ethic or any concept of the value of money. When I was 15 I made my one and only foray in the stock market and lost my bubblegum. I still hold no faith in it 51 years later. This may sound a bit rambling, I have nothing to hide and use the same user name on about 15-20 gun, railroad and automobile orientated forums and would be divulge my real name via PM if you could convince me of a good reason for doing so. JMO.

Last Edited:
Paranoid?
I know a local guy personally who lipped off on line, and three guys found out where he was shooting one weekend and showed up before mouthy got there. One drove from SO Cal, the other from near Seattle and one was local. The didn't ID themselves, but took photos of mouthy handing them one of his guns to try out...a kindly gesture at the range with newfound, like-minded friends.

A day or so later they posted all the photos and asked mouthy why he didn't beat them up as he said he would.
It could have gone a lot worse considering who these guys are...

Funny story. Back in the day myself and some other guys were in the whole CB craze, but were a bit more electronic capable than most. We set up 2 bilateral linear amplifiers in my Blazer with a couple of 102 inch whips for antennas. Pushing about 200 watts. We might have been drinking some beer and ingesting some herbs as well.

We would sit up on some local hills and run smack at the other CB clowns around the area, and call ourselves " The Controller" because we could run over anybody for about 30 miles. These guys wanted us to meet them to fight and settle the problem. :eek::eek::eek:. So we drove by the location, saw what they drove and were wearing, and then went about 5 blocks away and got them on the radio, told them what jack azzes they were, what they drove and were wearing and we were going to get some more guys and comeback and beat their azzs.

This of course was pretty early 20 something behavior, but still shows you can get pretty close to people without them knowing your intent.

I don't hunt. Gave that stuff up a long time ago. I do know some hunters and they all seem like decent people. They eat what they shoot. They take part in game management and obey the laws with regard to hunting appropriately. I would think that most real hunters do the same. I am sure that there are some who just wish to get out and kill animals for fun, but I would expect most hunters are not like that.

I've never met another professional chef in my career that didn't hunt, fish, or at the very least raise their own animals for slaughter. Killing an animal, cleaning, butchering, et al is dirty business. Much easier to grab a steak out of the refrigerated section.
Even your run-of-the mill vegetarian has no clue where or how their food comes to their table.

[QUOTE="I just can't imagine the mind of some one that equates legal hunting to murdering their fellow man. They are doing some serious mental gymnastics to get to this outcome, and to what end? To make themselves feel more superior to others perhaps? How pathetic. How very, very sad.:([/QUOTE]

All one needs to do is dispassionately look at the comments on this site directed the other way.

I watch hunting vids on youtube sometimes. I happened to look down in the comments to a few random vids and I am appalled at the bigotry against hunters. People claiming that hunters are murderers that just love to kill. Telling them to kill themselves. Saying the hunter and his family should be murdered for the act of harvesting wild game.
I almost cannot express how very sad and disturbed this makes me feel. How come you never see people attacking vegans for their choice of nutrition acquisition???

I just can't imagine the mind of some one that equates legal hunting to murdering their fellow man. They are doing some serious mental gymnastics to get to this outcome, and to what end? To make themselves feel more superior to others perhaps? How pathetic. How very, very sad.:(

Unfortunately there's a bunch of selfish autists running around that are so unhappy with themselves they choose to troll everything and tell others to kill themselves. The truth is they don't have a clue what sustainable harvesting of game animals entails and the conservation and preservation efforts encompass. They don't know that hunters have provided the lion share of conservation and without responsible hunters many species would already be extinct due to a lack of wildlife conservation and tax that fund both efforts. One of these types encouraged a young man of 15 here in my home state to kill himself, it's sad. His family is leaving the state, but I hate to say it, kids everywhere these days are being raised by piss poor parents failing to instill basic moral and ethical values. We have our work cut out for us dealing with this new wave of idiot parents and children. Sadly many parents in the Boomer generation have no values, so we see three generations of idiots already. I've had enough run ins with Boomers with attitutde and antagonistic issues to know what I'm talking about. If you don't have something they want or a position of authority they will show no respect, and if they are in a position of authority many will abuse it. This is a culture of behavior and it's enculturated to the next generations, creating selfish and dangerous people.

Sadly many parents in the Boomer generation have no values, so we see three generations of idiots already. I've had enough run ins with Boomers with attitutde and antagonistic issues to know what I'm talking about. If you don't have something they want or a position of authority they will show no respect, and if they are in a position of authority many will abuse it. This is a culture of behavior and it's enculturated to the next generations, creating selfish and dangerous people.

I think you are painting the Boomers with a pretty broad brush here. We could easily substitute " Gen X" or " Millennial" for " Boomer" in your post and it would mean the same. I have encountered such behaviors off each generation, and I don't really think that the Boommers have any kind of lock on boorish behavior. I and my wife have been on the receiving end of both Boomer, Gen X and millennial behaviors in the business world, and an azzhole is an azzhole no matter their age.

Frankly I have seen how millennials behave in my own family and unless it is about them and their life, they have no interest in hearing or learning about it, nor do they care about what happened in the world before them. Their kids are a bunch of spoiled brats who run their parents lives like little tyrants, while their parents continue on the child worship pathway, reinforcing the everybody gets a trophy mindset.

I think you are painting the Boomers with a pretty broad brush here. We could easily substitute " Gen X" or " Millennial" for " Boomer" in your post and it would mean the same. I have encountered such behaviors off each generation, and I don't really think that the Boommers have any kind of lock on boorish behavior. I and my wife have been on the receiving end of both Boomer, Gen X and millennial behaviors in the business world, and an azzhole is an azzhole no matter their age.

Frankly I have seen how millennials behave in my own family and unless it is about them and their life, they have no interest in hearing or learning about it, nor do they care about what happened in the world before them. Their kids are a bunch of spoiled brats who run their parents lives like little tyrants, while their parents continue on the child worship pathway, reinforcing the everybody gets a trophy mindset.

Tell us how you really feel! :D

In all reality that was well said especially the azz hole is an azz hole part. I don't care your age, that is so the truth!

Their kids are a bunch of spoiled brats who run their parents lives like little tyrants, while their parents continue on the child worship pathway, reinforcing the everybody gets a trophy mindset.

Boy, talk about the tail wagging the dog. I believe it, but gotta wonder how it came that the parents allowed or wanted this to happen.

My wife teaches special ed and has to sit through trainings and one of them was the difference in generations and you hit the nail on the head but at the same time it seems that parents of kids that age aim to be over protective.

All beyond me and once again makes me glad I am as old as I am.

, but gotta wonder how it came that the parents allowed or wanted this to happen.

at the same time it seems that parents of kids that age aim to be over protective.

It is all about what the peer group and what their friends are doing. Social media has allowed all of them to share every aspect of their lives and they all get to commensurate about how tough / easy/ hard they all have it. There is tremendous pressure in the peer group to behave a certain way, dress a certain way, talk in a certain way ( OMG, that is soooo super cute) and parent your kids a certain way, because they are after all the first group of parents to ever face these challenges. Parents need instant gratification so why not the kids ?? Dream homes OMG, at 30 years old ?? We reason with 3 yr olds who do not have a fing clue what those words you are saying to them mean, we put them in time out, we redirect them, we do not punish them, since that would be bad, and then they will be surprised when the tell you to f off at 10 years old.

When I met my wife, she was a single mom with two young boys, getting no child support and working two jobs to get by and provide for her kids. She just kept putting her feet in front of her day after day. Night after night. She did not have social media to complain or tell everybody her daily trials, how tired she was, how she missed spending time with her kids and all that. Just get up and kill it every day. I was pretty impressed in the first couple of weeks we knew each other, and it took a while before either one of us wanted to go down that road again, but when we did team up to combine our families, we were still had to work hard and long hours. No social media to tell the world, even if the world gave a damn about our lives.

I murdered about 600 sage rats this spring. The rancher was most appreciative of that. Murdered about a million ants this year trying to get into my house, which made the wife happy. We murdered a cow and she was tasty. Hope to murder a deer this fall.

There is a difference in my mind between killing and murder.
I do not murder the animals I hunt.

This is not a topic that I take lightly nor think is worthy of smartazz remarks.
To murder someone or something is a crime at least and a sin at most.

No offense meant to those who think or feel differently.
Andy

Show them a video of a starving elk or deer, chased until exhausted, and then torn to shreds while still alive, by coyotes or wolves.
Or off leash dogs.

Long ago our two dogs got out and killed four sheep. The owner was nice enough not to kill them. I would absolutely have been on his side if he had. We, and the dogs, got off lightly. Animals killing each other is horrific compared to hunting.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top