JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would certainly feel better if these "others that care", would make themselves more apparent!! I think many sit back and figure they joined the NRA 30 years ago, and have done their part. IP43 is a death knell to our freedoms, and needs to be regarded as such. I don't know how to really get involved, yet, but I will find a way!!

There is a man in K-Falls starting a County ballot that would make it illegal for county authorities to allow enforcement of the illegal law. I am going to the Josephine Co. Clerk Monday to explore the possibility of a similar measure for Josephine County.

More apparent in what way? On this forum alone, there are no fewer than a dozen very active threads on this topic - people are sharing information, updating each other - and then they're taking that information out to every voter they can find. There is an active Facebook page with over 11,000 people following that is updating folks on the fight against 43. They are out there - if you don't see them, it may be that you're not looking in the right places.

Folks are going to have to get over their hatred of social media if we want a chance to be better seen. I'm afraid that's just the way of things now. Far more people can be reached with info, quickly, using the various platforms.

I've been to several pro-gun rallies before. I have yet to see any positive results that came of them. They were either ignored by the media or the media twisted the message. If I'm going to take my time to participate in something, I'm going to want to know it's not a waste of time. So, for my part, as I've stated in other threads, I'm reaching out, face to face, with every single voter I can speak to about this - and asking those folks to do the same. The point is to get the message out there, in a way that will actually get people to come to our side and vote against 43 and 44.

I would certainly feel better if these "others that care", would make themselves more apparent!! I think many sit back and figure they joined the NRA 30 years ago, and have done their part. IP43 is a death knell to our freedoms, and needs to be regarded as such. I don't know how to really get involved, yet, but I will find a way!!

There is a man in K-Falls starting a County ballot that would make it illegal for county authorities to allow enforcement of the illegal law. I am going to the Josephine Co. Clerk Monday to explore the possibility of a similar measure for Josephine County.

There is a plan for a counter ballot measure to IP 43 already in the works - are you familiar with that one? It would have state level impact. It's being heavily discussed on this site.

We have 4 local news stations in the PDX area and none of them can give an accurate weather forecast. Does anyone truly believe anyone of them would report on this rally accurately? I did not attend, sorry I do not do rallies. I did contact Sam Carpenter and expressed my support for his candidacy for Oregon Governor.

Last Edited:
Did you guys and gals really expect anything different from the LIBERAL media. If somebody does not come up with a way to tell the people that #43 is about making all guns ASSAULT weapons. I don't see how #43 can pass muster it is so broad. All gun owners need to know that there SEMI-AUTO what ever is probably going to fall under the assault weapon class and need to be REGISTERED. There needs to be a court decision what is a MILITARY ASSAULT style weapon. But then again what style of weapon has not been used by the military.

Did you guys and gals really expect anything different from the LIBERAL media. If so how somebody does not come up with a way to tell the people that #43 is about making all guns ASSAULT weapons. I don't see how #43 can pass muster it is so broad. All gun owners need to know that there SEMI-AUTO what ever is probably going to fall under the assault weapon class and need to be REGISTERED. There needs to be a court decision what is a MILITARY ASSAULT style weapon. But then again what style of weapon has not been used by the military.

Agreed, the courts need to weigh in - but they won't act unless there is actually a law on the books. So long as this is just proposed, no one is going to court over anything - NRA, OFF, GOA, SAF, etc. - they won't do anything in court until it's passed, because the courts simply won't touch it until then. In fact, that process may happen on the east coast ahead of this ballot measure. Plus SAF just filed a lawsuit against a city in IL that passed a ban. Expect to see that go to court and may create a precedent that ultimately shuts this one down - we can only hope.

If these bills pass~~ then look for yearly registration fees to pay for the record keeping on every gun/magazine you own. It will make lower income people criminals as they won't be able afford the $$ to buy annual permit.

Can no longer rely on Constitutional protections. The "judge" in MA threw them out, and set a precedent until/unless it goes to SCOTUS. Can't depend on them, either any longer because the "winds" are blowing in a different direction. If 43 passes, door to door confiscation is nearly imminent at some point. Some will die!!

Can no longer rely on Constitutional protections. The "judge" in MA threw them out, and set a precedent until/unless it goes to SCOTUS. Can't depend on them, either any longer because the "winds" are blowing in a different direction. If 43 passes, door to door confiscation is nearly imminent at some point. Some will die!!

I believe is has to take another step first - the circuit court of appeals. Unless they can get a change of venue, that circuit court likely will side with the district court. At which point, it could be referred to the SCOTUS - and we probably really need that to happen to end this debate once and for all. One hope would be that if the discussion is tied up in the courts, injunctions could be filed to hold off implementation of other similar laws, including 43, if it were to pass, until the courts make their decisions - and that could take several years to decide.

Whoever reported 300 is way off. I was there. There were a lot of people coming and going. Although, if we wanna beat this. We are gonna need A LOT more people to get involved. I totally understand the work, kids, baseball practice, birthday parties, blah blah blah. But if you enjoy ANY of your rights, we need to make this kind of thing a priority. Because once they take our guns, how do we protect our other rights?

4AAC67C2-50F9-4D32-8DE5-06B1B0CA9C33.jpeg

Did you guys and gals really expect anything different from the LIBERAL media. If somebody does not come up with a way to tell the people that #43 is about making all guns ASSAULT weapons. I don't see how #43 can pass muster it is so broad. All gun owners need to know that there SEMI-AUTO what ever is probably going to fall under the assault weapon class and need to be REGISTERED. There needs to be a court decision what is a MILITARY ASSAULT style weapon. But then again what style of weapon has not been used by the military.

Just go featureless :) or better yet, fixed mag! problem solved.

kidding of course.

This is 100% the wrong approach, wow people its like many gun owners are clueless on a open forum you tell the world no one shows really..there was not only 300........ that tells the world you have no cause Man I tell you we are to darn stupid to have these rights if we fail to play the game, and yes there is a game in play its been going on decades and yet we talk about a failure .....

I think you are wrong, I think about 2500 showed up today and around the state at other gathering their is a estimated 56,000 people that joined up today just in Oregon thats how I am reporting it.

Last Edited:
This is 100% the wrong approach, wow people its like many gun owners are clueless on a open forum you tell the world no one shows really..there was not only 300........ that tells the world you have no cause Man I tell you we are to darn stupid to have these rights if we fail to play the game, and yes there is a game in play its been going on decades and yet we talk about a failure .....

I think you are wrong, I think about 2500 showed up today and around the state at other gathering their is a estimated 56,000 people that joined up today just in Oregon thats how I am reporting it.
This forum is called "firearms related news." This thread was meant to be a discussion of an article published by the statesman urinal. I don't think anyone is endorsing their estimate of crowd size.

This forum is called "firearms related news." This thread was meant to be a discussion of an article published by the statesman urinal. I don't think anyone is endorsing their estimate of crowd size.

So whats your point exactly? You don't think anyone is endorsing the amount and I disagree.
You did read the topic, Hundreds attend is wrong and not accurate hence my statements.
Might want to read the topic and related posts to see why I responded. But I stand firm on my statements.

So whats your point exactly? You don't think anyone is endorsing the amount and I disagree.
You did read the topic, Hundreds attend is wrong and not accurate hence my statements.
Might want to read the topic and related posts to see why I responded. But I stand firm on my statements.
You might want to read the guidelines for this section:

A few guidelines for using this section:
- Do not editorialize titles: Copy and paste the title from the news article you're linking.

My point is that your attack on fellow gun owners (clueless, wrong, etc.) is unwarranted. It's the SJ's estimate, reflected in the title of the article. I'm not arguing with you. Everybody knows the games they play with these numbers. But if I wanted to get picky, 2,500 is 25 hundred, which is "hundreds."

You might want to read the guidelines for this section:
A few guidelines for using this section:
- Do not editorialize titles: Copy and paste the title from the news article you're linking.
My point is that your attack on fellow gun owners (clueless, wrong, etc.) is unwarranted. It's the SJ's estimate, reflected in the title of the article. I'm not arguing with you. Everybody knows the games they play with these numbers. But if I wanted to get picky, 2,500 is 25 hundred, which is "hundreds."

I am sorry you feel that way,
Didn't editorialize though, I stated what was not a fact which your article states hundreds.
If you wrote a post stating the sky is purple and its not, that is called telling the truth not editorializing.
You can have an opinion on how the rallied was, you can say how you enjoyed, it if I had responded to that then yes
that is editorializing and violating the be kind to each other rule. However when stating a fact that is wrong, is my opinion in my opinion saying hundreds instead of two thousand five hundred just shows possible intent to give false information to build drama in my opinion. It is what it is guy, stand by what I said though. You will find throughout this forum people stating the correct information and given your explanation I am not too sure on your intent on this topic just saying. So don't take it as a personal attack. But gun owners giving false or encrypted reports will surely get a response.
By the way see you joined recently, welcome to the forum, no hard feeling just how I see it. iu[1].jpg

Last Edited:
Didn't editorialize my friend, I stated what was not a fact which your article states hundreds.
If you wrote a post stating the sky is purple and its not, that is called telling the truth not editorializing.
You can have an opinion on how the rallied was, you can say how you enjoyed, it if I had responded to that then yes
that is editorializing and violating the be kind to each other rule. However when stating a fact that is wrong, is my opinion in my opinion saying hundreds instead of two thousand five hundred just shows possible intent to give false information to build drama in my opinion. It is what it is guy, stand by what I said though. You will find throughout this forum people stating the correct information and given your explanation I am not too sure on your intent on this topic just saying. So don't take it as a personal attack. But gun owners giving false or encrypted reports will surely get a response.
By the way see you joined recently, welcome to the forum, no hard feeling just how I see it.
You misunderstand. I'm not saying you editorialized. I'm saying when I titled the thread I was just following the guidelines not to editorialize. The title of thread is the title (almost) of the article, as per the guidelines. My intent is just to relay to other folks what the local news coverage was. I did not write the artilcle, I did not write the headline, and I did not estimate the crowd size. If you will look at the first post you will see I wasn't even complimentary towards the SJ.

Thank you for the welcome to the forum.

300!! From the whole State. Considering what is at risk, this was pathetic!! If 43 makes the ballot and passes, innocent people are going to die!! If it is allowed on the ballot just saying "assault weapons", it will pass. If your kid has a 10/22 he will be a felon, if it is not turned over, or "registered". This is an out and out assault on a God given Civil Right. People need to wake up and mobilize. The NRA can't save us from this. Get Involved!!!

Conspicuously missing from the event: OFF, NRA, SAF, Oath Keepers, GOA. Was put on by GG(G)WG. (Good Guys (Gals) with Guns)
Just because there was no one with a sign saying GOA, SAF, NRA or OFF does not mean there were not members attending.
I am a member of OFF, an Oath Keeper was busy doing surveillance and security. A strong showing is one thing, where we need to be strong and show up is getting the word out (Talk to everyone!), register those people to vote, and GET THE VOTE OUT!

Those three things alone will make all the difference.

[Edit to add]
We gun owners and 2nd Amendment stalwarts are a diverse bunch, and not the most cohesive. I don't think shaming or being critical is going to improve our support, nor is being blatantly supportive by exercising Open Carry. Loud talk gets the media's attention. People fear sheep and their blind fealty to the media machine.
I believe people are a whole lot smarter than we give them credit for, and that being subtle, whispering, and keeping the message flowing constantly will be far more effective than scare tactics or zealot behavior.
The need for security is fundamental, and the message can be put forth simply and effectively.

Last Edited:
I am sorry you feel that way,
Didn't editorialize though, I stated what was not a fact which your article states hundreds.
By the way see you joined recently, welcome to the forum, no hard feeling just how I see it.View attachment 451017
Here's a thought. Why don't you write a letter to the editor of the SJ telling them what a crock THEIR article was, how your were there, how the crowd was much larger, etc.? Here's the link:
Statesman Journal: Salem news, sports, entertainment. Serving Salem, Oregon.

Follow-up Thought:
I'm glad the NRA and OFF and other groups were NOT there. If they were and were leading the charge with a huge stink, we gun owners would be at the range or sitting in our homes, confident the same old process would work, and they would have our backs.
Like Kevin Starett said the other night at the IP43/44 Town hall organized by Dan Laschober - as long as there is at least ONE billionaire who benefits from a disarmed population, efforts to strip our 2nd Amendment rights will NEVER stop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top