JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The entire time I was there I saw a ton of people coming and going. I would really like to know the total number who came for at least part of the time. It has to be well over a thousand.

And the paper had only a single photo of one yutz with an AR strapped to his back. Better than the front I 'spose.

Last Edited:
I knew it.... under reported, and mischaracterized. :rolleyes:

Every time. Expecting the media to give events like these fair and accurate coverage is like hoping for a magical unicorn to fart a rainbow over our heads. They're never going to use their resources to help forward our agenda. The only way the message about things like this can get out is to have as many people as possible put out the photos, and the message on every social media platform - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. - otherwise folks simply aren't going to see it. And since many folks on our side refuse to use social media for that kind of purpose, the message is, unfortunately, ultimately lost.

Last Edited:
Hmmm, 300 attending pro-2A, and 3000 antis on March 24. I figured they'd find a way to get that in... national reporting was the same score.

Every time. Expecting the media to give events like these fair and accurate coverage is like hoping for a magical unicorn to fart a rainbow over your head. They're never going to use their resources to help forward our agenda. The only way the message about things like this can get out is to have as many people as possible put out the photos, and the message on every social media platform - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. - otherwise folks simply aren't going to see it. And since many folks on our side refuse to use social media for that kind of purpose, the message is, unfortunately, ultimately lost.

Some guy in Clark county tearing down gun show signs made the 6pm news

300!! From the whole State. Considering what is at risk, this was pathetic!! If 43 makes the ballot and passes, innocent people are going to die!! If it is allowed on the ballot just saying "assault weapons", it will pass. If your kid has a 10/22 he will be a felon, if it is not turned over, or "registered". This is an out and out assault on a God given Civil Right. People need to wake up and mobilize. The NRA can't save us from this. Get Involved!!!

Conspicuously missing from the event: OFF, NRA, SAF, Oath Keepers, GOA. Was put on by GG(G)WG. (Good Guys (Gals) with Guns)

Last Edited:
300!! From the whole State. Considering what is at risk, this was pathetic!! If 43 makes the ballot and passes, innocent people are going to die!! If it is allowed on the ballot just saying "assault weapons", it will pass. If your kid has a 10/22 he will be a felon, if it is not turned over, or "registered". This is an out and out assault on a God given Civil Right. People need to wake up and mobilize. The NRA can't save us from this. Get Involved!!!

Did you make it?

Question for you. Do you think the only evidence that people are involved is that they show up at a rally in Salem? Do you really think the only way people show they're doing something is by appearing at such an event - an event, which, as evidenced by other events like it, get ignored by the media, ignored by politicians and ignored by the public in general? Or worse, get twisted by the media to make us look like psychopaths?

If your only evidence that folks care about fighting this is attendance at a rally, I think you may be missing the bigger picture.

Lots of behind the scenes efforts are being put forth by a great number of people, this is true. But it's also true at some point we have to flood the streets of Salem and cause disruption, then we'll be noticed...

Hmmm, 300 attending pro-2A, and 3000 antis on March 24. I figured they'd find a way to get that in... national reporting was the same score.

It's not just gun rights. People with a more conservative slant don't tend to use things like rallies to make their point. Unless they're showing up to see a big name, like a presidential candidate, they tend to work in different ways. Problem is, when we rely on events like this to try and make our point, and the turnout, consistently, is less than 10% of the other side, it makes it appear we have no support.

But that doesn't mean people aren't concerned or involved. What we need in November, should 43 and 44 make the ballot, are votes. And I have to wonder, how many voters out there, honestly, can say they were swayed to vote for our position based on a news report about a rally? Not to mention that the election isn't until November - this rally will be long forgotten by everyone by then. So, what was the purpose of this rally? To get the message out? Kind of hard when media either ignores it or twists the message. To network? That's done more easily online than getting folks to drive to a rally.

I just really question, as I've stated in other threads, the real effectiveness of the rally for our side.

Just out of curiosity, was OFF/Kevin at the rally in Salem yesterday? If so, did he speak?

Question for you. Do you think the only evidence that people are involved is that they show up at a rally in Salem? Do you really think the only way people show they're doing something is by appearing at such an event - an event, which, as evidenced by other events like it, get ignored by the media, ignored by politicians and ignored by the public in general? Or worse, get twisted by the media to make us look like psychopaths?

If your only evidence that folks care about fighting this is attendance at a rally, I think you may be missing the bigger picture.

I would certainly feel better if these "others that care", would make themselves more apparent!! I think many sit back and figure they joined the NRA 30 years ago, and have done their part. IP43 is a death knell to our freedoms, and needs to be regarded as such. I don't know how to really get involved, yet, but I will find a way!!

There is a man in K-Falls starting a County ballot that would make it illegal for county authorities to allow enforcement of the illegal law. I am going to the Josephine Co. Clerk Monday to explore the possibility of a similar measure for Josephine County.

Lots of behind the scenes efforts are being put forth by a great number of people, this is true. But it's also true at some point we have to flood the streets of Salem and cause disruption, then we'll be noticed...

But if we disrupted Salem, how would that go? The media certainly would put every negative spin on it they could. Politicians certainly wouldn't change their view on our position. Again I have to wonder, to what purpose? Who is going to change based on an event like that? Serious question because I simply don't know of folks whose minds are changed based on these types of events.

Your signature quotes the Constitution and the Second Amendment.. It should be noted that the judge in Massachusetts threw both those out. The 2ndA, no longer affords any protection against tyranny. Otherwise, agree.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top