JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it helps, I see RSR cut their price on these to $699.99 and they have 320 of them. Expect some sales opportunities if you want one.
320? Wow.

Alert me if they come closer to $400.

"Hey, I know! Lets make a really complex 9mm pistol that will cost a ton and be less reliable than most of the 9mm pistols currently established on the market! We're gonna be rich!"

"Hey, I know! Lets make a really complex 9mm pistol that will cost a ton and be less reliable than most of the 9mm pistols currently established on the market! We're gonna be rich!"

Nailed it. If one's goal is to accurately and reliably launch 9㎜ projectiles out of a handgun, there are a ton of proven platforms, in various configurations, and almost all of them under their price point.

Eh, I looked at the purchase as funding innovation. Not that I don't regret the purchase given the bankruptcy but, had they stayed in business, I looked at it as getting a quirky pistol which was a win. But lack of repair options does concern me at this point.

Eh, I looked at the purchase as funding innovation. Not that I don't regret the purchase given the bankruptcy but, had they stayed in business, I looked at it as getting a quirky pistol which was a win. But lack of repair options does concern me at this point.
I'm in this boat.

I liked it for its new fresh idea.

Bummed it died.

CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY
There are several different types, or chapters, of bankruptcies that individuals and companies can file for. Hudson has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, meaning that they have chosen to liquidate all their assets to absolve their debts.

There are some interesting tidbits in Hudson's filing. First, their estimated assets are less than $50,000 USD. However, their liabilities are somewhere between $10 million and $50 million dollars. In fact, according to the filings, Cambridge Valley Machining might not even be their largest creditor. While estimates of how much Hudson owes Cambridge Valley vary, the value is certainly more than $500,000, and probably under $1 million. That leaves at least $9 million in debt unaccounted for, and possibly as much as $49 million. Their list of creditors spans 18 pages.

Company assets less than $50K, liabilities estimated between $10 and $50 million, not a pretty picture. That's a pretty deep hole they dug for no apparent reason. Personally, I don't see any advantage of this 9mm pistol over many others, mostly for less money. You want a "low bore axis," buy a Chiappa. You can buy a perfectly serviceable S&W Model 59 for $350. And there are probably thirty better examples, I'm just thinking about what I like.

We're in an age where there is a lot of financial hole digging going on. Elon Musk and the Tesla is a glaring example. Not to mention his other flighty enterprises. The Tesla, to some people, is the shining star of entrepreneurialism. But Musk is digging a huge hole and the money he's throwing in it is mostly other people's! If I were a Tesla investor, I'd be very worried. Ford Motor Co. has been in business for over 100 years, they own land, buildings, machinery, who knows how many assets, and their stock is only worth about $8. Chrysler (Fiat) has turned over several times in 20 years, GM went TU and started over again, yet they still own -- you guessed it, actual assets like land, buildings, etc. Their stock is a fraction of Tesla's. So with Tesla (and many other fanciful, tantalizing idea companies), investors are buying into an opportunity. Which in many cases is like gambling. Another example, WeWork, look it up on Google.

Small, undercapitalized firearms manufacturers have had a way of going bad. I think of Randall right away. Well, heck, think of Colt, how many times have they got close to closing their doors and were saved somehow? They aren't exactly small. And Remington Arms way back after WW1, they almost went broke when the war ended.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top