JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of these new contracts are for rifles being sent to foreign countries. I have never experiance a lowering of quality control but I have never tried to buy cheep guns from them. Buy quality instead of trying to encourage the race for the cheapest junk on the market.......and you will still get a quality product. They still make Wingmasters,700 BDL's and XB 40's........just too few of you cheep sob's will step up to buy them. Military rifles still have to be inspected and pass rigorous testing before being accepted. There won't be any problems.

Most of these new contracts are for rifles being sent to foreign countries. I have never experiance a lowering of quality control but I have never tried to buy cheep guns from them. Buy quality instead of trying to encourage the race for the cheapest junk on the market.......and you will still get a quality product. They still make Wingmasters,700 BDL's and XB 40's........just too few of you cheep sob's will step up to buy them. Military rifles still have to be inspected and pass rigorous testing before being accepted. There won't be any problems.
Except.... You don't have to be a cheap SOB wanting the best bang for your dollar. Its the corporation in charge that wants numbers being put out instead of quality. If this is for foreign militaries, that doesn't mean much.

Military rifles can have problems. Hell, look at the L85 and the INSAS.

Except.... You don't have to be a cheap SOB wanting the best bang for your dollar. Its the corporation in charge that wants numbers being put out instead of quality. If this is for foreign militaries, that doesn't mean much.

Military rifles can have problems. Hell, look at the L85 and the INSAS.
The best bang for your buck is seldom (or never) the cheapest. That is something you should have learned long before you came to your age.........I have bought two brand new guns in the last years, one Remington 700P carbine and my TAC-14 marine shotgun (?) both are very high quality, accurate and well made. I stopped ordering from the bottom of the menu a very long time ago. It also applies to other things like guns, airplanes and cars.

Last Edited:
The best bang for your buck is seldom (or never) the cheapest. That is something you should have learned long before you came to your age.........
Yes, that's why all my rifles function perfectly. And none of them are from Remington.

Instead, they're all what I know function, have the reputation of functioning, and don't cost an arm and a leg to obtain. With the exception of one rifle that did cost an arm and a leg.

Yes, that's why all my rifles function perfectly. And none of them are from Remington.

Instead, they're all what I know function, have the reputation of functioning, and don't cost an arm and a leg to obtain. With the exception of one rifle that did cost an arm and a leg.
How do you explain the majority of Bolt sniper rifles and combat shotguns in the entire world being made by Remington?

And how do you explain the poor QC on civilian rifles that don't have an armorer there to fix it?
I already have.......they are cheep junk rifles made to compete with other junk rifles on the market like Savage. There are a few companies that make quality guns cheep on the market, like Tikka but beyond that a rifle selling for 1/3rd the cost of what it did 20 years ago is rarely a bargain..........off course, southerner's have always had a difficult time with that concept.......the reason they lost the civil war.

I already have.......they are cheep junk rifles made to compete with other junk rifles on the market like Savage. There are a few companies that make quality guns cheep on the market, like Tikka but beyond that a rifle selling for 1/3rd the cost of what it did 20 years ago is rarely a bargain..........off course, southerner's have always had a difficult time with that concept.......the reason they lost the civil war.
False. One, you need to study history again. The south had much fewer resources, less soldiers, and problems at home to deal with.

Also, that's not an excuse for poof QC.

Southerners don't have an issue understanding the concept. But I guess when you need to defend a company you have to make an insulting generalization without any basis to back it up.

False. One, you need to study history again. The south had much fewer resources, less soldiers, and problems at home to deal with.

Also, that's not an excuse for poof QC.
So....if they knew that.......why would they start a war? It only makes my point. Have you ever compared a Southern built Star pistol to a period Colt or Remington...........there is no comparison.

Last Edited:
So....if they knew that.......why would they start a war? It only makes my point.
Because 1: the union wouldn't leave. Two: redirecting forces to fort sumter, which is close to an important spot for the south, appeared as an act of aggression. Study history more before making baseless claims to defend a company with poor QC brought on by a corporation.

We should rename our forum to the : Snowflake Forum...cause our thread posts always drift....:eek::D
Before we get too far along here...
Can we get back to Remington , quality control , bankruptcy , declining sales ...even the military contract and what that may mean for the company....
Thank you,
Andy

Because 1: the union wouldn't leave. Two: redirecting forces to fort sumter, which is close to an important spot for the south, appeared as an act of aggression. Study history more before making baseless claims to defend a company with poor QC brought on by a corporation.
They were not a separate country........ft Sumpter was well within the border of the USA as were the southern states. The CSA was never a real or legal country. It is too bad it required the carnage we had to spend proving that.

They were not a separate country........ft Sumpter was well within the border of the UAS as were the southern states. The CSA was never a real or legal country. It is too bad it required the carnage we had to spend proving that.
So then states have no rights to secede from a union? Sounds like hypocrisy.

Oh well, still besides the point of poor QC.

So then states have no rights to secede from a union? Sounds like hypocrisy.

Oh well, still besides the point of poor QC.
Andy is going to rap our fingers with a yard stick like the old school marm he is............but only one state has the right to succeed....and that would be Texas. The highest quality firearms of the war were Remington Zouave rifles and 1858 handguns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top