JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't have much in person experience with Cabela's, but they are super popular in Alaska because they understand how to provide reasonable shipping. I don't mind paying a little more for something, when I don't have to pay another 50% for shipping. Good news as well is that they will open a store in Anchorage during 2014. Also just heard Bass Pro Shops coming into the country in 2013.

the only good thing about the firearms dept. is the selection, absolutely everything else is a joke. filled out hangun paperwork, called 5 days later they didn't have any news, 7 days same story, 10 days and the guys I spoke with passed the buck and the next person was no help. 12 days, and these are buis. days not including weekends I went in and they said the fax didn't go through on day 1. why this wasn't picked up on in at least 1 of the 3 calls? incompedent people and system. its scary watching the people in there handle the wepons, needless to say I told them forget it.

the only good thing about the firearms dept. is the selection, absolutely everything else is a joke. filled out hangun paperwork, called 5 days later they didn't have any news, 7 days same story, 10 days and the guys I spoke with passed the buck and the next person was no help. 12 days, and these are buis. days not including weekends I went in and they said the fax didn't go through on day 1. why this wasn't picked up on in at least 1 of the 3 calls? incompedent people and system. its scary watching the people in there handle the wepons, needless to say I told them forget it.

I'm not getting any this. What "paperwork" did you fill out? What news weren't you getting? Did you order a gun ? What?

Little secret boys and girls..Cabela's owns their own bank..Yes, the one they sucker You into getting a credit card through. They also are alot Like WalMart..Cheap Chinese Crap and are trying to put small shops out of business so that You Have to shop with them...Yeup...Straight Facts..

I heard Cabela's wants to open a store in the Wilsonville area, anyone else heard this?
Actually, it was more like Wilsonville was considering a zoning change to that undeveloped parcel of land visible from I-5 just south of Target.

I'm not getting any this. What "paperwork" did you fill out? What news weren't you getting? Did you order a gun ? What?
Stop to think about this. The amount of "paperwork" varies by state and whether you are buying a handgun or a long gun. jhankin lives in the state of Washington where there might be a waiting period for a handgun purchase.

Stop to think about this. The amount of "paperwork" varies by state and whether you are buying a handgun or a long gun. jhankin lives in the state of Washington where there might be a waiting period for a handgun purchase.

So there is a waiting period? So what? Stop to think about this. Cabela's is not going to let you execute a 4473 form unless they have the gun in stock, and you have the money, and both you and they are in fact ready to make the purchase happen. Then the waiting period starts. There is nothing for him to check on for days on end. If his background check was either "DELAYED" or "DENYED", the sale won't happen, and it then becomes his problem to straighten out, not Cabela's. When the waiting period has passed, you simply come in and pick up your gun.

His post doesn't make a whole lot of sense as it is written. He starts off saying what a great selection of firearms Cabela's has. He then goes on a rant about how he's been calling and "checking" for "news" days after he has "filled out paperwork"????? He then tells them to "forget it". Forget what?? I've bought countless firearms in 2 states over a 40 year span. I never once executed a 4473 form on any of them until 1.) The gun was in stock. 2.) I had passed any and all background checks required. I live less than 2 miles from Cabela's, and have purchased many guns from them. They operate the same as any of the others I've just described.

So there is a waiting period? So what? Stop to think about this. Cabela's is not going to let you execute a 4473 form unless they have the gun in stock, and you have the money, and both you and they are in fact ready to make the purchase happen. Then the waiting period starts. There is nothing for him to check on for days on end. If his background check was either "DELAYED" or "DENYED", the sale won't happen, and it then becomes his problem to straighten out, not Cabela's. When the waiting period has passed, you simply come in and pick up your gun.

His post doesn't make a whole lot of sense as it is written. He starts off saying what a great selection of firearms Cabela's has. He then goes on a rant about how he's been calling and "checking" for "news" days after he has "filled out paperwork"????? He then tells them to "forget it". Forget what?? I've bought countless firearms in 2 states over a 40 year span. I never once executed a 4473 form on any of them until 1.) The gun was in stock. 2.) I had passed any and all background checks required. I live less than 2 miles from Cabela's, and have purchased many guns from them. They operate the same as any of the others I've just described.

You should read his post again a bit more carefully.
If I purchased something and waited 12 business days to hear "oh, sorry, your order (BG check) didn't really get submitted 12 days ago when it was supposed to", we'd all like to tell them "forget it".

You should read his post again a bit more carefully.
If I purchased something and waited 12 business days to hear "oh, sorry, your order (BG check) didn't really get submitted 12 days ago when it was supposed to", we'd all like to tell them "forget it".

That dog won't hunt either. Background checks take minutes to go through the Instacheck system, not 12 days. If they did gun shows wouldn't exist. If he "waited" 12 days for a background check to go through, he's far more ignorant of the system than Cabela's is. Besides, you don't "FAX" in a background check. It's called in and the results, either way are avaliable all but instantly. Hence the name "Instacheck".

Has it even been determined he's waiting on a special order, or something else? He didn't make either clear in his post. All he said was "handgun paperwork". Handgun paperwork pertaining to what?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top