JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, talk about publicly dangling ffls a rope so they can hang themselves on a public forum. Why not ask your ffl if you have a question instead?

Especially as everything is in flux and conflicting info from atf. Some of the best lawyers in the country can't agree how to advise clients on some of this stuff and you want ffl's to post publicly what they are doing?

My suggestion would be to remove brace prior to bringing in a pistol to an FFL for a transfer.

If you are planning to have a braced pistol sent to an FFL for transfer, call ahead to receiving FFL and make sure they can and will accept it. I would be hesitant to order a braced pistol at this point, not knowing when the new rule will hit the Federal Register. It could happen while your braced pistol is in transit and create problems for receiving FFL.

Last Edited:
You can see how concerned gun builders are about selling braced guns...

PSA is still selling them too, until the rule hits the Federal Register. Then the music stops.

Last Edited:
My FFL seems to think he has 120 days to do business as usual. My understanding is the 120 days is only a grace period for current possessor to apply for free tax stamp or convert braced firearm to legal configuration. All other aspects of the new rule begin today? Who is right?

Last Edited:
Rifled barreled firearms should be easy for FFL to handle by removing brace.

Smoothbore firearms could be more problematic. Simply removing a brace from a short barreled smoothbore firearm would likely leave you with an SBS/AOW. My suggestion would be to remove brace and add a birdheads grip to firearm. It might be a good idea to keep a couple of birdshead grips around that would fit the most popular braced smoothbore firearms, Shockwave and Tac 14 for example.

If this came into to shop for transfer, it would be a no go unless seller wants to switch out brace for birdshead grip. I know he thinks it's compliant but it won't fly under new rule.

Last Edited:
PSA is my local gun store. Theyve been out of braced stuff for a few days. Still lots of braces on the shelf :)
With all the cool stuff they presented in Shot Show 2023, they need a second factory to make them goods,..... You know, those Biden approved F15s.

Tigard Pawn 4 More will no longer transfer (as of 1/31/23) any short barreled firearms with stabilizing braces. If you want to do a person to person transfer of a short barreled firearm there, they ask you to please make sure that no brace is attached to the firearm or brought into the store with the firearm being transferred.

If you would like to have a short barreled firearm shipped in to Tigard Pawn for transfer, they ask that you please make sure that no brace will be attached to the firearm or included in the package with the firearm when they receive it.

Tigard Pawn 4 More will no longer transfer (as of 1/31/23) any short barreled firearms with stabilizing braces. If you want to do a person to person transfer of a short barreled firearm there, they ask you to please make sure that no brace is attached to the firearm or brought into the store with the firearm being transferred.

If you would like to have a short barreled firearm shipped in to Tigard Pawn for transfer, they ask that you please make sure that no brace will be attached to the firearm or included in the package with the firearm when they receive it.
Thats the rules now. Its not them. They can only transfer SBRs on a form 4 and braced pistols are now SBR's.One violation, they lose their license.

Thats the rules now. Its not them. They can only transfer SBRs on a form 4 and braced pistols are now SBR's.One violation, they lose their license.

Yep, trying to get the word out as I still see lots of braced short barreled firearms listed in the NWFA classifieds and I am trying to save customers and Tigard Pawn the hassle of dealing with customers bringing them into their store.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads