JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical of all of it. Beef yes, but milk, pork, and produce I'm paying a little less than several years ago. And even if it is true, so what? DON'T SHOP AT WALMART! Pretty soon idiots will be pulling lines directly from Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged, and beg the government for an "Equalization of Opportunity Act".

So I say again, don't shop at Walmart. Find out where your nearest farmers market is and buy directly from the growers.

I worked at Walmart. My first job, from 16-18. I got paid more there than anywhere else. The whole minimum wage whining is a joke. First off, the only people who make the minimum are Cart pushers (either special needs hires or youths, like I was) door greeters and SOMETIMES maintenance. Cashiers made atleast $2.00 over minimum wage, starting. Within two years of working at Walmart my pay went up four dollars an hour. It's not demanding work, and anyone who works there and thinks they deserve more for what they do, is insane.

I've moved from the area where I worked at, but I've lived in a community where a new Walmart came in and *gasp* put the smaller grocery stores out of business.

Shock! Nobody wants to pay $7 for a half case of soda when you can buy it for $3.50. Shock! When you have unionized cashiers who are making $17 dollars an hour, it's hard to be competitive. I love Walmart. I don't work there any longer, and half of the people at this local Walmart are jerkoffs, but hey, I'll bet I save atleast $100 a month shopping there. The only things I wont by there are any fruit that isn't a banana or an apple, or any item I can rarely find on sale at Safeway.

Walmart rocks.

Ya gotta love Walmart for their cheaper ARs and ammo, I'm just sayin.

:s0155:
I wish mom wouldn't have sold all of the old farm, cause I could raised much of my groceries on it. One of these days if the soft don't come too soon. I think people hate capitalism because Walmart is so good at it. Taxes being higher cause people to look for more bargains.

Brutus out.

If our economy was healthy, people wouldn't need to shop at stores like Wal-Mart. But when life is check-to-check, you do what you have to do to put food on the table. Thank you, Mr. President.

Talking about minimum wage, Costco is known as a quality employer that pays its employees more than its competitors, like Walmart. That is the reason that the New York Time’s Steven Greenhouse once labeled it the “anti-Walmart.” Since it already pays its employees more than the proposed higher minimum wage, its bottom line would not be affected. Article source: Raising the minimum wage.

I highly doubt they get 1 in every 4 dollars spent. The one and only time I spent any money on them is about 8 years ago. That was my first and only time.

Steaks and Broccoli. I ended up at the dentist with a broken tooth from a small piece of rock in the broccoli.

Get what ya pay for. bubblegum them.

I vote for Winco.

Something misleading about this graphic is the concept that food has become more expensive. Actually the percent of income spent on food has decreased a lot since the 1950s due to farm subsidies, trade agreements, GMOs, better production, and other factors. This is why food assistance programs are overly awarded. The way we measure how much money you should have for food is calculated based on poverty measurements that are grossly outdated. Here's a brief, but interesting, transcript from an NPR piece on the subject.

What Wal-Mart has done is horizontal market integration to the extreme. It is a common and logical business practice. Unfortunately is does put stress on small businesses and families that want (or in some regions need) to work with Wal-Mart. That's capitalism. The market should work itself out; right?

My concern is that the trend of a shrinking middle class will mean more people buying supplies wherever they can, which will mean Wal-Mart. Many people cannot afford clothes and toys made in the USA. While a local farmers market may be sufficient for many food stuffs, it's often not convenient for the working family in terms of location or open hours. Wal-Mart has everything, cheaply and conveniently. It's the American way.

That video is why I do not shop at Wallyworld:s0114: The people you see in there are not normal....

Had one in Vancouver by 205 have at least one police call a day for a year... Just where I would want to shop:s0131:

Yep, seems like all the shoplifters like the stores too, and they do get caught. That's why there are so many calls for police at Wal*Marts.

I don't shop there.

From what I have read they don't treat their employees well, they don't treat their suppliers well, and whenever I have been in one their selection pretty much sucks. Once in a while they have a few items that are a good buy, but it isn't worth the time to find them.

I shop at Costco and Winco. Both employee owned. Both do fairly well for their employees and suppliers from what I have heard. Winco has a good grocery selection. Costco does well for some other things and sometimes groceries - but you really have to know what is a good price as some of their stuff is not priced very well.

Other than that, I shop Amazon for a lot of other things (not groceries) - where Walmart has the same thing, Amazon usually has the same or better price.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top