JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Doing some housekeeping. I came across some ammo I don't want. A few baggies with some rounds I don't know where they came from. Also a few boxes of really old ammo I don't want to shoot in my guns. I think it came from Grandpa's shed years ago. Stored in a damp shed for who knows how long.
Where do I take it to safely dispose of it? I am in Tigard. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Household waste/garbage.
A range "dud" bin.
Someone here might want it.
I do not recommend a household waste or garbage; I have more than once discarded bad loads or casings that are primed and cannot be loaded and my wife or myself have thrown said waste container into the burn pile behind the house. It makes for a very exciting burn pile

I do not recommend a household waste or garbage; I have more than once discarded bad loads or casings that are primed and cannot be loaded and my wife or myself have thrown said waste container into the burn pile behind the house. It makes for a very exciting burn pile
You're right. A hobo might mistake it for some chicken cordon bleu and bust his chompers too.

There's always someone who will take them, pull them apart for components, recycle any brass that can't be used. I'd be glad to take them, but don't have plans to be over your way any time real soon.

Same problem here, I have some odd calibers that I don't have the appropriate guns for anymore. They are just sitting around... This is motivating me to look into the proper way of taking them apart though.

Take 'em to the airport and sprinkle them in random peoples' luggage
LOL. 20 years ago when we moved to Oregon from Hawaii, my neighbors sent up their 12 yr old son, to visit with my 12 yr old son for a few weeks. When we sent him home my wife took him to the airport to check him in. The scanner picked up 'explosives'. They were pulled aside and items in the bag were scanned. A pair of dirty sneakers, sealed in a zip locked bag took the positive hit. The TSA guy asked my wife where he had been to cause this. She replied that her husband had taken the boys shooting. He asked where? She told him outside of Estacada. He nodded in acknowledgment and passed him through. His parents failed to find humor in this an thought that their 12 yr old son was now on some terror watch list.

That said, I am still looking for a 'safe' place to dispose of the ammo without pulling it apart? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top