JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good read. I don't know if I can ever carry a full size without a jacket or untucked over-shirt. I'm a petite 145 lbs - I can't get away with loose fitting clothes and a full size gun really sticks out in the summer. Cue jokes about "is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me". I'll probably still stick to my slim single stacks when I can't cover well.

I don't need to buy any more holsters. I have too many that are excellent, well made holsters that I just don't like to use. My daily IWB is a Versacarry, about $16 bucks. They come in different lengths depending how high or low you want your side arm to sit above the belt line. Very easy to conceal with summer garb. I've been using them basically since they came out. They haven't failed me yet. They only time I had a problem was with one of the Gen 1 versions, which I flat out broke. They sent me a new one which had the updated design and I've had it ever since. Usually I carry a compact 45 but it works quite nicely with my 1911 as well. They make them in a variety of the common calibers. I even have one for my SP101 38 special.

Milt Sparks Nexus... Go with horsehide and never look back...

19DD4D9D-41A8-4990-9288-CCB7E76D66B0.jpeg

I dont care what the article says. There is no way I'm carrying a full size pistol in summer without a big ole print of it on my shirt or bulge in my pants. (I foresee that quoted in another thread.)

I gave up the 43 as it too printed too much over my LCP.

I dont care what the article says. There is no way I'm carrying a full size pistol in summer without a big ole print of it on my shirt or bulge in my pants. (I foresee that quoted in another thread.)

I gave up the 43 as it too printed too much over my LCP.

You skinny guys will complain about everything....:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
I was 135# soakin wet back in the day but didn't carry.:D

A Glock 19, M&P compact or even a 1911 Commander can be comfortably carried and concealed under an oversized t-shirt (one size up), just need the right hardware to support it in the form of a high quality belt and holster...

You skinny guys will complain about everything....:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
I was 135# soakin wet back in the day but didn't carry.:D
No joke. Carrying a full size gun on my frame, I'll get the same second glances as a woman that you might think is pregnant, but might just be fat.

Just carry it generally not caring if you print or someone notices, the more 'average and regular' people who do it without issue, the more normalized it becomes until people stop freaking out just because a person who wasn't a policeman had a holster on with a gun in it.

G17 and a Joann's XL size t shirt for me, my regular size.

For discreet the applications, wear a neon pink shirt. No one looks at the guy wearing a neon pink shirt and immediately thinks, that's a gun on his hip underneath that shirt. Lol

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top