JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My suggestion is to call 911 and then head for the nearest Police Station or a major parking lot (per Stompers comment). Road Rage seldom ends in a good way once it gets to the point of people getting out of their cars.

Call 911 and wait.:):):)

Not saying that someone following you isn't concerning, but the discription of this thread is actually pretty scary, not because the idea of defending your life is a problem, but because someone who I will assume carries also seemingly has little understanding of the use of force laws. It's basically your responsibility if you carry to understand those so you don't go popping off unlawfully.

:eek:

Not saying that someone following you isn't concerning, but the discription of this thread is actually pretty scary, not because the idea of defending your life is a problem, but because someone who I will assume carries also seemingly has little understanding of the use of force laws. It's basically your responsibility if you carry to understand those so you don't go popping off unlawfully.

Yup.

And asking at what point to "escalate" as well.

The point at which I escalate is when there is no other option to provide safety for me or my loved one. I do not ever want to have to go there. I do not relish taking another persons life. I pray I never have to. That however does not mean I am not prepared if necessary.
Please re-evaluate your decision to carry. I worry about anyone that would jump to shooting someone simply for following them. (Not to say that you should not have been concerned)
Learn the laws and be cool headed.

American123, et al, you bring up a valid concern especially after the OP stated, "how threatening dose someone have to be before they catch copper between the eyes".

The point for OC/CC is to stop the assault during a life threatening situation or encounter - period!

Committed homicide? Yes. A felony? Not unless the circumstances meet the definition of any number of crimes in the RCW and he is formally charged. That happens after the facts have been identified and probable cause has been found.

Might check RCW 9A.32.030, 040, 050, 060, & 070!

Further, I stated, AFTER LE investigates and prosecuting attorney agrees! [Oh wait, Zimmerman was cleared by LE but the public stink caused the prosecutor to bring charges]

My unsolicited advice: You shoot when the only thing worse than shooting is not shooting. I do not feel like I have to teach manners to every oaf who gives me the finger. However, I will NOT allow said oaf to assault my person.

The beer can flying out the window tells you a LOT. So you have a couple A$$hats driving around drinking. Who knows why they decided they wanted to mess with you. If they are that stupid it could well be nothing you did. The best advice here was as Stomper said, just don't lead them to where you live. People this stupid are often stupid enough to come back after they finish off another half rack.
Assuming you carry a cell phone? Call 911 and follow what they tell you to do. They would most likely direct you to the nearest place they have several LEO's. Them giving the hand sign saying you are #1 and leaving makes it one to laugh off and move on.

I know I have been followed a couple times to try and find my home, due to my past jobs that drew attention to myself.
I have a set route that I can take that will tell me for sure if being followed. Be diligent people are very odd in this world.
I had some nut, as in real clinically founded nut. Who worked hard to find me took a couple weeks coordinating with the local LE
to catch them. Why? Because of my pro-stance on Firearms but they pretended to be something they were not, crazy people will go to great lengths in their crazy. ( like I know there are trolls and plants here as well so never give to much in these forums, many here give allot of information and paint a profile. ).

A reasonable person would have a probable cause to assume their safety is threatened.

Thinking someone is following you does not meet that criteria - they may have thought you were someone else (their family, someone they knew, etc.).

If you feel someone is following you and you think they may be a threat, then drive to a local police station and/or call 911 on your cell phone and follow their directions.

I know I have been followed a couple times to try and find my home, due to my past jobs that drew attention to myself.
I have a set route that I can take that will tell me for sure if being followed.

I live in the boonies. Pretty much only people who live on the roads I travel would be on the roads leading to my house as the roads do not go anywhere but there. Once to my private road then if they follow me down it, then I know they are either following me or they are someone who lives on the road or they are someone who is there to provide a service (plumber/etc.). If they following me into my driveway then they mean to do me harm if not a neighbor. Once on the private road, they are trespassing. Once in my driveway I am fine with meeting them with a gun if I feel threatened.

You started the story in the middle. Where were you? Were you and this other car the only things on the road? And if not, why did you become suspicious other car was following you? Who was in car? One guy? Multiple guys? What time of day? Tell us the full story?

I agree. Need more story. Either we are confused, or the OP is... Not enough info here. One thing I can say is you don't get out and start shooting someone because they are following you. If you have a CCW, the instructor should have gone over numerous scenarios with you, before even getting your license. If you are still not sure, go to cabela's, Northwest Armory, or Sportsman's warehouse and take some classes. Even hunter's safety classes. Go to the range and become proficient and By all means, do what you need to do to protect yourself, but think about what a great responsibility it is to carry.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Use of force continuum.
Use of force continuum - Wikipedia
Unless they present themselves as a real and viable threat, deadly/lethal force is the last step.
Carry your pistol, but also carry non-lethal means.
Some manchildren just need a lesson taught. No need to use lethality, especially if your point can be made with words or impact weapons.

Might check RCW 9A.32.030, 040, 050, 060, & 070!

Further, I stated, AFTER LE investigates and prosecuting attorney agrees! [Oh wait, Zimmerman was cleared by LE but the public stink caused the prosecutor to bring charges]

Its neat as an LEO when you refer charges that the PAs office sits on for sometimes YEARS, but then tries to make a political statement by charging someone you didn't refer charges on.

So we Just had to go around the block like 3 times for this guy to quit following us and,i would like to know how threatening dose someone have to be before they catch copper between the eyes... Do i have to be assulted, credible threat to life or lim, or a weapon presented? Clark County washington resident

I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit harsh. I mean no offense, but I think in situations like these it's better to be honest and direct.

I'm not sure you're doing yourself any favors by posting things like this on an open forum. Should the day ever come where you do need to shoot someone, an aggressive prosecutor could point to your post as an indication that you were clearly looking to shoot someone.

Because the fact that you need to ask this question at all and that you don't realize that the situation you were in CLEARLY is NOT justification to shoot someone, shows an extreme lack of knowledge of the laws, a clear lack of training, and likely a lack of judgement on your part. That will not bode well for you in the event that you ever do need to shoot someone.

Carrying a gun is an enormous responsibility. And there are very few meaningful requirements to obtain a permit to do so in the state of Washington. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't seek out qualified training from competent sources. A good self defense class...or several...will not only cover tactics and weapons handling but will also review the aspects of when it's appropriate to use deadly force...which you are clearly in need of.

There are also some decent books on the subject albeit they may not cover the entire nuances of the laws in your specific state. However, the book, "The Law Of Self Defense" by Andrew Branca is a good place to start. It's a bit dry reading given the topic but Branca is a widely respected attorney in self defense law with years of experience. It's also only $10 (give or take) in digital/E Reader format off of Amazon.

I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit harsh. I mean no offense, but I think in situations like these it's better to be honest and direct.

I'm not sure you're doing yourself any favors by posting things like this on an open forum. Should the day ever come where you do need to shoot someone, an aggressive prosecutor could point to your post as an indication that you were clearly looking to shoot someone.

Because the fact that you need to ask this question at all and that you don't realize that the situation you were in CLEARLY is NOT justification to shoot someone, shows an extreme lack of knowledge of the laws, a clear lack of training, and likely a lack of judgement on your part. That will not bode well for you in the event that you ever do need to shoot someone.

Carrying a gun is an enormous responsibility. And there are very few meaningful requirements to obtain a permit to do so in the state of Washington. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't seek out qualified training from competent sources. A good self defense class...or several...will not only cover tactics and weapons handling but will also review the aspects of when it's appropriate to use deadly force...which you are clearly in need of.

There are also some decent books on the subject albeit they may not cover the entire nuances of the laws in your specific state. However, the book, "The Law Of Self Defense" by Andrew Branca is a good place to start. It's a bit dry reading given the topic but Branca is a widely respected attorney in self defense law with years of experience. It's also only $10 (give or take) in digital/E Reader format off of Amazon.
:s0101:

So we Just had to go around the block like 3 times for this guy to quit following us and,i would like to know how threatening dose someone have to be before they catch copper between the eyes... Do i have to be assulted, credible threat to life or lim, or a weapon presented? Clark County washington resident
So what did you guys do to piss this guy off? To me there is a lot of this story missing.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads