JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
So we Just had to go around the block like 3 times for this guy to quit following us and,i would like to know how threatening dose someone have to be before they catch copper between the eyes... Do i have to be assulted, credible threat to life or lim, or a weapon presented? Clark County washington resident

Following you isn't endangering your life.

At the point your life is in danger then it's probably time to escalate.

Just make sure your in the right 100% or your making life harder then it has to be.

In those cases, drive to a public parking lot like a Fred Meyer store or Wal-Mart where there's lots of people and video surveillance EVERYWHERE, and park your car. Don't get out of the vehicle, but have your weapon ready to use if they get out of their car. MAKE them be the aggressor (on video) and do what needs doin'.

With all the eyeballs around they'll most likely beg-off and leave, but NEVER EVER lead them to your neighborhood let alone your house.

Last Edited:
Imminent Deadly Threat.

Anything else and the D.A. office will have you for lunch.

Some examples:
  1. Someone pointing a gun at you.
  2. Someone who has a deadly object and is intent on using it on you.
The list goes on, but following you is at best a 911 call and menacing.
But as Stomper mentioned, get some where if possible to be seen by others and a camera :)

In those cases, drive to a public parking lot like a Fred Meyer store or Wal-Mart where there's lots of people and video surveillance EVERYWHERE, and park your car. Don't get out of the vehicle, but have your weapon ready use if they get out of their car. MAKE them be the aggressor (on video) and do what needs doin'.

With all the eyeballs around they'll most likely beg-off and leave, but NEVER EVER lead them to your neighborhood let alone your house.

:s0101:

The good news is....YOU NOTICED. Being vigilant keeps you from being blindsided. It was probably the reason the person broke off (assuming they weren't just lost or trying to return the $100 bill that fell out of your pocket at the store). When bad guys know you know, you become a lot more difficult proposition.

Here is the thing, you need to be careful that you can articulate why you addressed the person if it resilts in something bad happening. If its not on your property, there isn't much you can do if you're both legally occupying the same space absent an overtly hostile act. If there is no act and you get an attitude with the guy, you may have just triggered an ego that was otherwise just a weird guy.

OP was probably just someone screwing with you was my guess. Someone being seen obviously on three go arounds, either that or you have some Conservative type stickers and they wanted to come back later for some vandalizing. Or the nuts factors

You started the story in the middle. Where were you? Were you and this other car the only things on the road? And if not, why did you become suspicious other car was following you? Who was in car? One guy? Multiple guys? What time of day? Tell us the full story?

Thank you i feel i have theb
information needed/lookong for ... So basicly you have to go somewhere that if they dont back off. Then its pretty oviouse that they where in the wrong and can be proven so

You started the story in the middle. Where were you?
Orchards
Were you and this other car the only things on the road?
Girlfriend was driving I was the pasenger
And if not, why did you become suspicious other car was following you? Well after drving around in a circle 3 times around bi mart you get the feeling someone is following you and when they pass you a beer can and middle finger goes out the window.
Who was in car? One guy? Multiple guys? At lest 2 guys
What time of day? Night
Tell us the full story? Thats about all of it

OP, the event you experienced and told us about, did you feel your life or your loved one's lives were under a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury while in your safe haven automobile?
1 million deaths and 50x that many injuries world wide happen to folks in in their automobile "safe havens".
I experienced the most significantly negative experience in my life while in my vehicle. Wether by accident or intentional... 1/4" of glass and thin sheet metal isn't much of a shield against mayhem...
you can be rammed by another car(or log truck in my case), pushed into oncoming traffic, forced off the road... what ever.
Your car can quickly become a 2 ton steel coffin.

Last Edited:
Yeah that is pretty concerning. Could be someone she unknowingly cut off in traffic, maybe your car looked like someone they knew, maybe they were drunk and looking for a fight. Who knows.

Any which way, I think the proper thing to do is find a well lit public place to park and call 911 to report your concerns. It's most likely nothing life threatening, but you never know what some weirdo could do.

A friend of mine has a bad attitude about the police, and has said that there's never a time to call the police. I disagree completely. I told him that if he ever gets into any confrontation with potential for violence, especially if he ever has to let someone know that he's armed in order to stop a threat, it's vitally important for several reasons to report it and get it documented.

Sounds like they were drunks and just acting like jerks and screwing with you. If they planned to attack I doubt if they would have given you the warning of the finger.

A fair number of young men do crap like that. Before they learn to hold their liquor. While discovering for the first time they are man enough to scare adult males. Before discovering that manhood is a lot more than throwing their newly acquired weight around. Many a manchild is a real jerk during that boy-man transition. Most seem to outgrow it and turn out fine. Good thing we dont shoot young men just for being jerks. It would really skew the sex ratio.

Of course I'm guessing. These might not have been youngsters. And youngsters can also be dangerous.

A simple answer to a complex question...
You need to use force , when you have no other options.
If you survive the encounter , you will then need to both show and prove that you had no choice but to use force.

As noted above it is far better to go to a crowded spot and avoid engaging etc...
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews