JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Death is inevitable as the sun coming up in the east and setting in the west and for each of us there will be one last sunset. I wonder how I will spend my last day and with whom. I hope it's with my wife and my dog.

Regardless of how we are born and live, we are going to die. Many of us are married, but not all. The burning question is:

How many of us are prepared to die by totally alone? No family, no friends, no companions. My younger brother died in the hospital by himself. My older brother buried his wife and then continued to drink himself to death out of alcoholic melancholy. My father and sister died alone in bed as did my mother.

I am alone and will likely remain that way until my final breath is drawn.

Is anyone else "in my shoes"?
I wouldn't want to be in such pain. Tell us how you are dealing with it.

I think it's kind of pointless to think about dieing. I mean, it's gonna happen to everyone (except me) so why not just enjoy the time you have and make the most of every day?

No family, no one.

Evidently, these people can't seem to see outside their own situation. This is typical.
I understand your thoughts Captain, I really do, and I'm not far away in terms of family. I have one son, and he's gotten kinda flaky lately.

But like someone told me once,...
"If you think you have no one, just die without leaving a will, and watch from afar as the vultures descend upon your worldly belongings."

So I'm making my best efforts daily to insure that it's all gone by the time I leave. :D

Maybe a good question to ask is; If I knew I was going to die in XX minutes/hours/days/months, what would I do?
Then ask, why am I not doing it right now?

Maybe a good question to ask is; If I knew I was going to die in XX minutes/hours/days/months, what would I do?
Then ask, why am I not doing it right now?

Don't worry, you'll be dying. No one wants to think about it. Denial is not a river in Egypt. When you prepare to die, you must make final arrangements. Without heirs, you must arrange for the disposal of your personal property. Without family, it becomes difficult.

While it may not matter much to the deceased, it becomes disgusting to think about your property being picked over by the "human scavenger" set. Does it not?

Think about it.

I've been on my death bed twice in the past 6 years, I'm in my thirties. My will is made, my gf will be taken care of. All my mortgages are setup for automatic payment. I'm ready to go right here, right now...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top