JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can tell by yours.

Carry one with your death thread. I tried to lighten it up to no avail.

You just don't get it. (Evidently, you're young enough not to understand).

This isn't a subject that is to be taken lightly. You wouldn't mind having me come take your life so that your worries are few, would you?

Come on, smart guy. Are you ready?

I'm going to live to be 100 (baring an untimely demise), I know I'll outlive my wife and chances are I'll outlive at LEAST half of my six children. When I do finally die (if the Lord tarries) my final act of defiance will be flipping the bird to the Devil, and in the next life (administration) I'll be looking to get some PAYBACK from top to bottom!! :mad:

PS.... just shy of four years have passed since this post.

I'm STILL here waiting, BEATCHES!! :s0118:

Last Edited:
I did not have a say coming into this world i may have a say on how i leave. Given a choice i prefer to go in my sleep.

Last Edited:
I am. Estranged from my children from a bad divorce back in 2000. Adult children are 32 and 33. They were young and imprinted that dad was a bad guy. All I worry about is dying and my dogs suffering without anybody to care for them until my body is discovered. When the time is near I will give them to my best friends for their good care; unless something spontaneous happens.

I did not have a say coming into this world i may have a say on how i leave. Given a choice i prefer to go in my sleep.
My grandfather died peacefully in his sleep...not screaming in terror like all the passengers on his bus.

I LOVE that joke! :D

In all seriousness, my mom passed quietly in her sleep. I had been with her all day. It didn't appear like it was going to happen that day so I stepped out for about 30 minutes to grab something to eat. When I got back she was gone.

I had spoken to several of the hospice nurses and caregivers in her facility. Many of them were of the opinion that people choose when to let go. And many prefer to do so when they are alone. Both from a dignity standpoint and also so that their loved ones don't have the lasting memory of the final moment.

These people have seen a whole lot more death than I have and I think there may be some truth to this.

In all seriousness, my mom passed quietly in her sleep. I had been with her all day. It didn't appear like it was going to happen that day so I stepped out for about 30 minutes to grab something to eat. When I got back she was gone.

I had spoken to several of the hospice nurses and caregivers in her facility. Many of them were of the opinion that people choose when to let go. And many prefer to do so when they are alone. Both from a dignity standpoint and also so that their loved ones don't have the lasting memory of the final moment.
Me mum passed this way as well, at age 92. The Grand Sobo cared for her in their own home from her first stroke in 2010 until the day she died in 2015. IN that time, she had no less than 15 TIAs in those 5 years, each one leaving her just a little bit more "out of it" and dependent and forgetful.
For 5 years he was there every moment, except when he had to go for his own check-ups and his pacemaker installation, when he had a nurse come stay with her while he was out.
The last 3 or 4 days of Mom's life, she had to be taken to the hospital. My Dad stayed with her constantly until he went to Mass on November 22, 2015. When he got back to her room at the hospital after Mass, she was gone. It's almost like she waited for him to leave.

For a long time, I was quite sad for my dad that he was not right by Mom's side when she passed, since they had been together for over 60 years.
But in reading what you said, maybe it rally is better that my dad doesn't have her death as his last memory of his beloved.

Last Edited:
unless something spontaneous happens.
Ouch!
Burning Human - Simply SAMAD 1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews