JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to live to be 100 (baring an untimely demise), I know I'll outlive my wife and chances are I'll outlive at LEAST half of my six children. When I do finally die (if the Lord tarries) my final act of defiance will be flipping the bird to the Devil, and in the next life (administration) I'll be looking to get some PAYBACK from top to bottom!! :mad:
But but what about covid, it's everywhere;)

Last Edited:
Okay then Cap, this thread reminds me of some statements made by a Shawnee chief, Tecumseh.

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

– Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Nation

Something to ponder.
Vet to vet.

I always liked what CT wrote.

Thank you for putting it up here.

Cate

I am. Estranged from my children from a bad divorce back in 2000. Adult children are 32 and 33. They were young and imprinted that dad was a bad guy. All I worry about is dying and my dogs suffering without anybody to care for them until my body is discovered. When the time is near I will give them to my best friends for their good care; unless something spontaneous happens.

There or not only "A few" people that know that pain. You're not alone.

I glad there is some great humor in this thread. Otherwise it's would be pretty damned depressing.

My great friend and oft times hunting buddy, Don, died elk hunting three years ago this coming November. I envy him.

He died doing what he enjoyed doing and being in the Great Outdoors.

That is how I view your post.

Cate

Last Edited:
PS.... just shy of four years have passed since this post.

I'm STILL here waiting, BEATCHES!! :s0118:

I wondered what happened or who brought this old thread to life. It was you!

I just started to read it and posted likes and comments on it.

I do not remember reading it previously.

Cate

Hey, peeps have been known to do that! :eek:

Only once per person, though... :oops:

Stand back, I'll save him!!

1AD70E02-BB49-4AC3-8D6A-A6E3092125B2.gif

My Dad is going to die alone.
He's alienated everyone from his life. He hasn't made any effort to be a part of our my life or his grand kids life.
He has some paranoid schizophrenic issues and lives alone with no friends.
I check on him a few times a year to see if he's still alive but thats about it. He shut his phone off last year so I can't even call him to chat.
Never has been a Dad since I was about 5 years old so I don't have much attachment to him other than the personal guilt to check on him.

Pretty sad, but in his craziness he is fine with it. (He has conversations in his head)

Capt, have you ever thought about taking some DMT or mushrooms?

I've always been heavily against drugs but after reading a lot about the affects of DMT or mushrooms I've changed my tone on them specifically and think they would be hugely impactful in dealing with PTSD, substance abuse, and end of life prep.

Not to mention almost every civilization in the world has used them as a part of their rituals and life.

Most people who have tried it said that is makes you feel connected to everything, not that you are in this world, but a part of everything in it.

Maybe change how you feel about dying and feeling "alone"

Capt, have you ever thought about taking some DMT or mushrooms?

I've always been heavily against drugs but after reading a lot about the affects of DMT or mushrooms I've changed my tone on them specifically and think they would be hugely impactful in dealing with PTSD, substance abuse, and end of life prep.

Not to mention almost every civilization in the world has used them as a part of their rituals and life.

Most people who have tried it said that is makes you feel connected to everything, not that you are in this world, but a part of everything in it.

Maybe change how you feel about dying and feeling "alone"

Shrooms are helpful, I usually take them a couple times a year & it's not for fun cause I've never considered the effects to be fun

I am. Estranged from my children from a bad divorce back in 2000. Adult children are 32 and 33. They were young and imprinted that dad was a bad guy. All I worry about is dying and my dogs suffering without anybody to care for them until my body is discovered. When the time is near I will give them to my best friends for their good care; unless something spontaneous happens.
I trained my dog to scrub my browser history.

not really

If you don't want to die alone, make sure to toss out the sexual altoid boxes (a.k.a. Boner tins) next time you step out with a new friend of the opposite gender.
The child support folks will be after you until three days after you go, just so they know you're dead. Problem solved.

Fear not my friend. How much do you weigh? Your dogs will be able to get many good meals off of you by the time you are discovered. As an added precaution make sure that your bathtub is always full.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top