JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At one time I looked into whether the deer population would be enough to feed everybody in case of a societal breakdown. Nope, not even close.

Then I read the wild boar population in Georgia and Texas is so bad that we "cannot eat our way out of the problem."

I remember one time hiking in the desert with my wife. We were on a path, but we came across about 20 javelinas milling about. Each of them seemed to be going in a random direction, first this way then that, but I noticed that as a group they were slowly heading towards us. They're not dangerous, but if they get mad I hear they can be some fierce ankle biters, so we continued on down the hiking path. Some folks hunt them, but I read they need to be eaten very soon after they're killed.

I read about some guy who knew someone who was a student at a northern Arizona college. The team name was the Javelinas. The student was accompanied to a football game by an out of state friend who had never heard of javelinas, and when the announcer said at the start of the game "Here come the Javelinas!" the out of state friend was expecting to see team mascot of an oil can with legs. To get this humor you have to know that the 'J' in javelina is pronounced as 'H'. It also helps to have heard of Havoline oil. :D

Last Edited:
We have a lot of feral swine here is Seattle. They tend to have blue or purple hair, mood disorders, and Bernie stickers on their cars.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews