JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is an adiquit amout of AR-15 magazines for one person. (Per person per AR-15 (.223/5.56))

• Total voters
I have at least enough AR based weapons, magazines (@ 10 per), AND ammo to fully kit out an Infantry squad (because I have that many family members/allies in/around my household), as well as enough kit for 3 complete resupplies.... I'm adding more for 5 complete resupplies.

That's just the AR system, and don't get me started on the AK system!

Stupid? Maybe, but who'll be the stupid one when (not if) it all goes wrong? ;)
So.... can I join your team? :cool:

An internet search will find you some disgusting stuff courtesy of the Dark Webizens........... that is all I have to say out loud ;) as for the rigs.... well it also depends on your goals with the magazines.
Range duty? Like above said, no one wants to be the guy loading his mags while everyones shooting....
Classes? You'd be surprised how many mags people bring to use...
Patrol? How long? Your plans for resupply?
Barter? -could be useful post rule of law

Consider the Military and Police both operate with a set plan of resupply/quartermaster system.... what works for the average grunt may not be feasible if you have to be a few miles away from your ammo/magazine/resupply stash.

This is why even in Afghanistan, the Special dudes always had a whole bunch of gear and equipment in their trucks and extra stuff on their person out in the mountains... compared to the urban fighting in Iraq where the FOB is usually within 5 or 10 miles and the convoys have all the extra goodies needed and they ran relatively light on their persons.

IMG_4465.JPG

Don't need any mags when you can just grab a fist of tracers and throw them at protestors.

Don't forget, for safe and secure carriage of ALL your magazines on patrol, there's this!
View attachment 336119 :D:p :rolleyes:o_O Also doubles as expedient body armor and concealment (seriously, add some pine branches to that and you're gonna look like a gun owner's christmas tree LOL)

You know this is the guy that will get lots of "Dude, I'm out...toss me a mag" requests in a firefight.

It depends. Do you believe there will ever be a period of civil unrest in your lifetime? Do you believe that 30 round magazines will ALWAYS be legal to buy in your state? And if you live in either Washington and/or Oregon, I don't know how you could answer "yes" to the later question.

So...how many mags do YOU think you need?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads