JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm stumped, I've had what I assumed was a genuine X300U for a while. Recently I acquired another that is slightly different. The tail cap looks to be genuine as does the QD mounting hardware. The cap is snug but the locking lug feels loose. The shape of the beam is also different.

Here's some pics, I'm hoping the Surefire gurus can help me out here and also thought we could compile a list of commonly cloned parts and how to identify genuine vs. copy.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Surefire used to have a guide on their website showing how to tell a fake from a genuine one. Might be worth a search to see if it's still there.
I found no such thing. Site was being worked on though.
Try scanning the cr code and see if it comes up with a match, or a random link

But i believe its a real one, this was the most decent comparison i could find. https://www.reddit.com/r/tacticalgear/s/PdOMxzAih7
Good idea, my camera wouldn't focus on it. Not sure if it's scan able.

I'm really thinking this thing is fake due to the differences in weight, light output, and circuit board.

Following.
Have wondered what the ratio of knock off to real is on the secondary market.
Does packaging make a difference? Because that could either be swapped, or faked as well
Me also. I'd presume a seller would make note of an item's provenance but what if a dirtbag bought a Chinese clone and the genuine article and swapped packaging to return the product to the store they bought from? Then someone else buys a clone in the genuine article packaging at a trusted retailer.

I'm going to email support at Surefire and hopefully get the scoop on this light.

Does anyone have a recent mfg. genuine article X300 U that would be willing to take a picture of the terminals inside the light body?

I have one but it's 7 years old.

I was curious as to the obviously differences of the real / fake . I don't own one but thought of taking an hour this weekend to help you out . Between the videos , picture comparisons and Surefire's own website I have come to an absolute conclusion you have a genuine Surefire x300 u . Thankfully there are distinct flaws in the fakes to make it aboundanly clear as to the real is real . So FWIW I hope it clears up the matter . Enjoy the light . :)

Figured I might as well swap the batteries. Please excuse the dust particles and blurry photos.
ui_sfx300_u01.jpeg
ui_sfx300_u02.jpeg
ui_sfx300_u03.jpeg
Edit to add...this one is less than 3 years old.
(click to view larger)

Last Edited:
I was curious as to the obviously differences of the real / fake . I don't own one but thought of taking an hour this weekend to help you out . Between the videos , picture comparisons and Surefire's own website I have come to an absolute conclusion you have a genuine Surefire x300 u . Thankfully there are distinct flaws in the fakes to make it aboundanly clear as to the real is real . So FWIW I hope it clears up the matter . Enjoy the light . :)
I understand, thanks!
Figured I might as well swap the batteries. Please excuse the dust particles and blurry photos.
View attachment 1836431
View attachment 1836432
View attachment 1836433
Edit to add...this one is less than 3 years old.
(click to view larger)
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you for taking the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top