JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is an adiquit amout of AR-15 magazines for one person. (Per person per AR-15 (.223/5.56))

• Total voters
Look. I'm just gona ask.

Are you a spy? o_O

If not. I'm so sorry. And I'm a Dick!
But If so.............................................. I knew it! :D
No............I mean maybe. I don't think anybody's really been a dick just everybody has their own opinions on what questions to ask and how to ask them and what's important and what's not. That's the good thing about America

How is it a bad question? Pretty straightforward. How many mags Oregon do you think is enough. Pretty simple question. Or are you going to depend on this depends on it depends it depends. Generalized question are not meant to be over complicated. When somebody asked me what too much horsepower for a daily driver is I don't go off on them and say well there's a million factors I say in general anything over 800 horsepower for a daily driver is too much. You don't have to make everything overly complicated. Keep it simple
Read his post again. It was directy in response to if Medic! Like being "probed" :eek:

So to answer some of your questions....Yes I have my own opinions on any questions I have BUT those options are based on my personal knowledge. There have been times that my opinions were based on incomplete or wrong information. Because of this I like to ask others opinions because there is a chance I am wrong in my thought process or I have incomplete information when making my decisions. That being said some questions don't have a right or wrong answer and I am genuinely interested in what others think or do. Do you guys not find it interesting what others think about some of these topics?
Speaking only for myself ...
I like discussions , that is one of the reasons I am here.
I also understand the dangers of electronic communication and that points or nuances can be lost along the way.

But when I read the questions you post ... I read that you want or have a "need" to justify what you like or firearms you own.
Again speaking only for myself , I dislike the thought of proving a "need" in owning a firearm or anything else for that matter.
So while I do not find your questions offensive , but if I am reading you correctly , I do disagree with your position of proving a need.

Not wishing to give you offense or argue ... And if I am reading you wrong then I am happy to discuss gun topics with you any day.
Andy

With new guys. I really notice what I say in my response.
I contemplate. And worry I may be giving away too many specifics about how much, or what I have.

And I'm also always hesitant to give specifics on my training. Other than I was a Medic in the Military. o_O

It makes me feel. Well....... For lack of a better word Probed! :D

Last Edited:
Speaking only for myself ...
I like discussions , that is one of the reasons I am here.

Not wishing to give you offense or argue ... And if I am reading you wrong then I am happy to discuss gun topics with you any day.
Andy
Andy!!! You made some awesome points. I deleted most of what you said in My quotin as a response above simply to save room. That being said anything I buy in life I look at as a need. Even if it is just a need deep in my (childish) heart. But lottery anything I buy gun or otherwise I see as filling a need I have. So that explains our difference in views. I am very happy we were able to figure this out thank you!!!!

Last Edited:
I buy mags because I can, and I like thumbing my nose at the antis who have no idea what they are doing, but bloomey is telling them and is paying them, so I gotta fight back the only way I can, buying more of things they are trying to make illegal for me to own! I do not think there is number that meets any requirement! When I carried a Rifle for a living I carried 8 loaded mags plus one in the rifle! When I knew I was going to be out and about in a hot area and likely to see some shootin, I usually added 4 to 6 more! Now days, It's to keep an adequate stock on hand to be able to replace losses, o damaged mags, or to rotate out the loaded ones with fresh ones to give my springs a rest! NOTE, I also maintain kits to service and repair mags, especially those that are getting hard to come by or are expensive!

If anyone ever has a problem with any questions I ask feel free to say pass or nothing at all. I am mostly an open book and have very little problem letting people know most of what I have. I generally will not share any stash sites or evacuation plans on line but will do anything I can to help point people in what I feel is the right direction.

If anyone ever has a problem with any questions I ask feel free to say pass or nothing at all.

From the files of Mr. Obvious. Thanks for letting us know it's ok with you if we don't challenge your style. Yeah, not going to happen. Some will, some won't. That's life.

Again, it is how you ask, not the questions themselves. You prompted some good discussions, I'll give ya that. I just would have been more happy if I knew I was participating in a discussion rather than trying to help you figure out real answers to real questions. :( I feel icky afterwards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top