JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is an adiquit amout of AR-15 magazines for one person. (Per person per AR-15 (.223/5.56))

• Total voters
Speaking of, these just showed up in UPS:

IMG_2316.JPG

I'm not as invested in the AR as some, but I'll admit to having a ton of the mags. The reason being:

• They are inexpensive compared to other rifles.
  • They're available everywhere.
  • Beyond the standard 20 and 30 rounders, there are fun other types (capacity, design, etc.) to play with.
  • The anti-2A pustules want nothing more than to ban standard capacity magazines. The AR platform being one in particular that puts them into an anti-freedom tizzy.
That all equals more the merrier as far as AR magazines are concerned. :s0130:

With the threat of looming bans ... I'd suggest getting them while you can.

:s0101: Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

So long as politicians and anti-gun groups are seeking to restrict or ban magazines by type, capacity, etc., there is no such thing in my mind as 'too many'. If you got to a point where you had 'too many', they would always have resale or barter value.

Buy while you can, freely and up to the point that seems reasonable to you. Only you can truly answer 'how much is enough?'

I never really cared to own an AR prior to the attempt to restrict/ban them by Obama. So, I got me one, and liked it so much I got me some more ;) And yes, I have a few mags laying around for them.

What's with all these arbitrary questions and polls on the site lately? Does census taking have any affect on your opinion? Because it shouldn't. What does the polling actually ammount to? Nothing. Get whatever makes you happy, and move along. How many magazines do I keep per gun? None of your business. It's a non issue.

It's a discussion forum, he's having a discussion. Why give grief over that? Maybe he's just curious what others think. I'm sure he's capable of deciding for himself, he may just want to get a feel of what others think for the hell of it. People that are bugged by it should do what I do - move on and read something else.

Anyone who remembers the recent past - think early 2013, remembers how you couldn't find an AR mag anywhere, and if you did, it was 5-10 times more expensive than they are today. It took a year or longer for some vendors to even get them back in stock.

Moral of the story - don't be the guy (or gal) sitting there wishing they had bought mags when they were cheap and available. BTW, if you're not aware, that would be RIGHT NOW. You've been warned.

It's a discussion forum, he's having a discussion. Why give grief over that? Maybe he's just curious what others think. I'm sure he's capable of deciding for himself, he may just want to get a feel of what others think for the hell of it. People that are bugged by it should do what I do - move on and read something else.

I don't want to belabor this point because I recently had an escalation. But it's hard when a common goal for being a member is to help others, then fall into a place where somebody doesn't really want answers, they just want to stimulate discussion. Which would be alright if they were clear that that's where they are coming from. I dunno... I guess it just bugged me enough that I had to say something.

I don't want to look like everyone else at the range.:eek::eek::eek::D:p
I don't. :D see attached image
If it were a single post, it wouldn't be an issue, but when it's 3-4 in a short period, and they all have the same overall structure, it gets to be too irritating to let them take over the "most recent" section.
I don't want to belabor this point because I recently had an escalation. But it's hard when a common goal for being a member is to help others, then fall into a place where somebody doesn't really want answers, they just want to stimulate discussion. Which would be alright if they were clear that that's where they are coming from. I dunno... I guess it just bugged me enough that I had to say something.
This.

IMG_6446.JPG IMG_6399.JPG

Ok like the title says....How many magazines is enough? I think I have 10 some people have 50. At what number do you think...."ok I am good" I may buy more but I feel good at that number.

Or other question...... How many is to manny (no such thing as too many)?

*What would you personally consider a "reasonable" amount Per person per AR-15 (.223/5.56)

So many probing Questions in your threads? o_O

So to answer some of your questions....Yes I have my own opinions on any questions I have BUT those options are based on my personal knowledge. There have been times that my opinions were based on incomplete or wrong information. Because of this I like to ask others opinions because there is a chance I am wrong in my thought process or I have incomplete information when making my decisions. That being said some questions don't have a right or wrong answer and I am genuinely interested in what others think or do. Do you guys not find it interesting what others think about some of these topics?

You can try. But I don't give straight answers to bent questions. :D
How is it a bad question? Pretty straightforward. How many mags Oregon do you think is enough. Pretty simple question. Or are you going to depend on this depends on it depends it depends. Generalized question are not meant to be over complicated. When somebody asked me what too much horsepower for a daily driver is I don't go off on them and say well there's a million factors I say in general anything over 800 horsepower for a daily driver is too much. You don't have to make everything overly complicated. Keep it simple

So to answer some of your questions....Yes I have my own opinions on any questions I have BUT those options are based on my personal knowledge. There have been times that my opinions were based on incomplete or wrong information. Because of this I like to ask others opinions because there is a chance I am wrong in my thought process or I have incomplete information when making my decisions. That being said some questions don't have a right or wrong answer and I am genuinely interested in what others think or do. Do you guys not find it interesting what others think about some of these topics?

Look. I'm just gona ask.

Are you a spy? o_O

If not. I'm so sorry. And I'm a Dick!
But If so.............................................. I knew it! :D

How is it a bad question? Pretty straightforward. How many mags Oregon do you think is enough. Pretty simple question. Or are you going to depend on this depends on it depends it depends. Generalized question are not meant to be over complicated. When somebody asked me what too much horsepower for a daily driver is I don't go off on them and say well there's a million factors I say in general anything over 800 horsepower for a daily driver is too much. You don't have to make everything overly complicated. Keep it simple

Actually, he was responding to/quoting my previous smart azz remark, not to you, just FYI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top