JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Just like religion is 100% based on logic and facts ? :)
No, and I know no one that says that.

However, freedom of religion is HUGE! That's why it's in the enumerated rights ahead of the right to keep and bear arms.
There are religious types that gravitate towards liberals just like there are religious persons that are conservatives.

What's your point fd?
Or are you just making anti-conservative, anti-constitutional noise?

Even MSNBC, a decidedly left leaning news (sort of, at least) agency, is saying minimal if anything will get through.

After shooting, some Democrats demand action, but prospects unclear - NBC Politics

14 democrats are up for re-election in the senate from gun friendly states. Pushing through new gun control, besides not being the proper way to prevent tragedies such as this, is not a good recipe for political survival in rural states.

As many have said, politics often works on emotion, to a certain extent, on both sides of the aisle. The problem with emotion as a vehicle to get things done is that it tends to burn out quickly. Sadly, its reasonable to think that not much of our population could recall the state the Senator who was shot was from (Arizona), or where the theater shooting was (Aurora, CO), or what kind of temple that whack job in Wisconsin shot up (Sikh).

On one hand, that's good as hopefully there will not be a knee jerk reaction. On the other hand, its sad that chances are slim that they will take the time to identify the actual causes behind incidents like this.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything coming out of this tragedy. I think we need to address why our young people are snapping like rubber bands, but I don't see it happening. Politicians will rail on gun control for a month because its easy and is full of buzz-words. But in the end, nothing will get done. Again...

No Senator from Arizona was shot during this century.

If you were go back 5 years and ask: hey if Lehman Brothers collapses do you think the president will double the national debt and give almost a trillion dollars to the banks? They'd laugh you out of the room.

If you went back two years and asked: hey do you think the president would ever pass an executive order that eviscerated the Constitution and allowed for the assassination of US citizens without trial? They'd laugh you out of the room.

Not a person knows exactly what will happen. It's best to assume the worse and get out in front of it.

I know why these shootings occur; its a complicated and devisive issue. It has to do with a culture that has stopped teaching young girls that Motherhood is the highest calling in creation and bowed to the feminist call for equality. A woman is here specifically to create and nurture new life, not compete in the business world

My jaw quite literally dropped when I read this.

Maybe you should move to Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia. They are about the only places left that share your "family values." -Thank God most of the rest of the world has moved beyond this sort of misogynist nonsense.

If you went back two years and asked: hey do you think the president would ever pass an executive order that eviscerated the Constitution and allowed for the assassination of US citizens without trial? They'd laugh you out of the room.

That wasn't an executive order. NDAA was a bill passed by both houses of congress, including the GOP controlled house.

Saw TV spot tonight of local congresswoman saying that these guns have no hunting purpose and they were intended to kill people. Not true! I personally hunt large and small game with AR-15 style rifles. They've become the new era hunting rifle. Sure you can't use high capacity mags for hunting (fair chase rules, etc).

I for one DID NOT buy my ARs with the intent of harming people and there are many, many out there just like me. There are plenty of competitions out there these days that have a tactical basis, but use AR-style rifles and shotguns. I know people who compete in these competitions, and they're in it simply for that...it's a sporting competition. Therefore, her statement about these guns not being used for hunting and only for harming people totally ignores the potential for other shooting sports outside of hunting.

Drives me nuts to hear these ridiculous statements by ignorant members of congress/media. Too bad it's mostly just us responsible gun owners who understand this position.

I think the CT shooting will up the game. I think they will want a ban and not offer grandfathering and instead demand citizens turn in what they have. That is what CA has been trying to pass recently. The killing of so many innocent children will demand that they ask for a ban AND the surrender of certain firearms. Good bye constitution.

Saw TV spot tonight of local congresswoman saying that these guns have no hunting purpose and they were intended to kill people. Not true! I personally hunt large and small game with AR-15 style rifles. They've become the new era hunting rifle. Sure you can't use high capacity mags for hunting (fair chase rules, etc).

I for one DID NOT buy my ARs with the intent of harming people and there are many, many out there just like me. There are plenty of competitions out there these days that have a tactical basis, but use AR-style rifles and shotguns. I know people who compete in these competitions, and they're in it simply for that...it's a sporting competition. Therefore, her statement about these guns not being used for hunting and only for harming people totally ignores the potential for other shooting sports outside of hunting.

Drives me nuts to hear these ridiculous statements by ignorant members of congress/media. Too bad it's mostly just us responsible gun owners who understand this position.

That's all great. I don't hunt with the AR's except maybe coyotes or such,but that's not my point anyway.

I DO have guns specifically to kill people.(yeah I know,stop the threat)......... people that would do me harm.
Remember, the second amendment said nothing about hunting,it had to do with defending against a tyrannical government

The hunting part was a given as most needed to hunt to feed families

I think the "register your gun" will start it off. Then they will go for more later. The "hi cap" bans will be reintroduced for sure.
Not just my opinion,go look at the magazine supply at your local store in the AM. (every time I made a round at the show,the piles got smaller)
Then the ammo problems will start.

This week will set record of sales beyond Black Friday

jumboshooter: I sure hope you wrong but if by chance they ever wanted my guns and ammo, etc. I want cash value for them. I have too much $ to just give them away because of some radical feel good new gun ban. I can live with better security checks and better reporting of dangerous people, but not surrendering my semis .

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads