JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Assuming the left can gain enough momentum to push through new Firearm Laws( I think its going to happen) what will they look like? will they affect all firearms? semi autos? a full ban? will owners now be Grandfathered in?
Just lay it out how it looks to you.

The liberals work on emotion, not logic. So trying to predict whatever irrational ideas they'll propose seems futile at this point. Rest assured they'll be draconian and ignorant.

Yes the GOP in D.C wont pass any but that doesnt mean our state with every office run by the Dem's wont pass California like laws. Not eough GOP in this state to stop them anymore

You don't think there are enough jellylivered Rhinos in Congress to give them a majority? by what margin does the GOP hold now? remember the solid majority conservatives had on the Supremes when they took on Obamacare? nothing is for sure.

I'm betting there will be a reinstatement of the 10 round limit on magazine capacity (and yes, many will refer to magazines as "clips" and there will be posts on here dedicated to making fun of that) as well as stricter FTF transaction regulations.

There will be no new gun laws passed by this Congress in DC. It's not going to happen.

This.

May I add that gun control is not a solely "liberal" thing. I know many conservatives that are pretty shaken up by yesterday's shootings and are wondering whe the heck anyone should be able to have high capcity black weapons. These folks are fellow hunters and have many firearms; they just don't see why anyone has a use for black weapons.

This.

May I add that gun control is not a solely "liberal" thing. I know many conservatives that are pretty shaken up by yesterday's shootings and are wondering whe the heck anyone should be able to have high capcity black weapons. These folks are fellow hunters and have many firearms; they just don't see why anyone has a use for black weapons.

You can let them know that the reason why we have a use for them is the same reason why people make their cars have 500+HP, because we like it, it's cool and because we can have it.

Not all gun grabbers are progressive liberals but most are. They also have the main stream media to help keep the emotions stirred up. When the dust settles if the liberals get what they want. They will feel all worm and fuzzy about their good intentions. Law abiding citizens will have fewer freedoms. Government will grow. The cycle will continue.

Even MSNBC, a decidedly left leaning news (sort of, at least) agency, is saying minimal if anything will get through.

After shooting, some Democrats demand action, but prospects unclear - NBC Politics

14 democrats are up for re-election in the senate from gun friendly states. Pushing through new gun control, besides not being the proper way to prevent tragedies such as this, is not a good recipe for political survival in rural states.

As many have said, politics often works on emotion, to a certain extent, on both sides of the aisle. The problem with emotion as a vehicle to get things done is that it tends to burn out quickly. Sadly, its reasonable to think that not much of our population could recall the state the Representative who was shot was from (Arizona), or where the theater shooting was (Aurora, CO), or what kind of temple that whack job in Wisconsin shot up (Sikh).

On one hand, that's good as hopefully there will not be a knee jerk reaction. On the other hand, its sad that chances are slim that they will take the time to identify the actual causes behind incidents like this.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything coming out of this tragedy. I think we need to address why our young people are snapping like rubber bands, but I don't see it happening. Politicians will rail on gun control for a month because its easy and is full of buzz-words. But in the end, nothing will get done. Again...

Last Edited:
The liberals work on emotion, not logic. So trying to predict whatever irrational ideas they'll propose seems futile at this point. Rest assured they'll be draconian and ignorant.

And conservatives are all about solid logic, facts and pragmatism.

I know why these shootings occur; its a complicated and devisive issue. It has to do with a culture that has stopped teaching young girls that Motherhood is the highest calling in creation and bowed to the feminist call for equality. A woman is here specifically to create and nurture new life, not compete in the business world leaving a world of latch key children who find inspiration and guidance from 'pop culture, TV, or video games.
Men have abdicated their role as Father, preferring to continue an adolescent fantasy with TV and video games.
We now have 2 generations of people who were raised hating their country, their parents, their race, just about everything around them they don't understand. They were taught the accomplishments of their forebears were nothing or at least equal to some small minority, that belief in God is primitive and square, that Love and chastity are old fashioned and restricting and what really counts is the Orgasm and to have as many as you can and start as young as you can.
They've been taught that Priests and Ministers are Pedophiles, that Homosexuality is GOOD for Society despite 6 thousand years of Philosophical Wisdom and EVERY major Religion condemning it.
They have taken away anything that a young person could be proud of, anything to identify with the simple working world or Northern European ancestors left for us is gone. The family as we knew it has been replace with what?
Kids are smart but their brains are young and unformed and sometimes rebel against being fed crap, and I can see how they look at the world as its offered to them and lash out.

I know why these shootings occur; its a complicated and devisive issue. It has to do with a culture that has stopped teaching young girls that Motherhood is the highest calling in creation and bowed to the feminist call for equality. A woman is here specifically to create and nurture new life, not compete in the business world leaving a world of latch key children who find inspiration and guidance from 'pop culture, TV, or video games.
Men have abdicated their role as Father, preferring to continue an adolescent fantasy with TV and video games.
We now have 2 generations of people who were raised hating their country, their parents, their race, just about everything around them they don't understand. They were taught the accomplishments of their forebears were nothing or at least equal to some small minority, that belief in God is primitive and square, that Love and chastity are old fashioned and restricting and what really counts is the Orgasm and to have as many as you can and start as young as you can.
They've been taught that Priests and Ministers are Pedophiles, that Homosexuality is GOOD for Society despite 6 thousand years of Philosophical Wisdom and EVERY major Religion condemning it.
They have taken away anything that a young person could be proud of, anything to identify with the simple working world or Northern European ancestors left for us is gone. The family as we knew it has been replace with what?
Kids are smart but their brains are young and unformed and sometimes rebel against being fed crap, and I can see how they look at the world as its offered to them and lash out.

And conservatives are all about solid logic, facts and pragmatism.

True conservatives do work on logic. When the Constitution and Bill of Rights are under continual attack, it's understandable to become angry. It certainly makes me angry to have to keep explaining the simple concept of freedom. Likewise I understand that while many liberals are well meaning, they're just so often wrong. They're also willing to trade individual responsibility and freedom for the illusion of security.

True conservatives do work on logic. When the Constitution and Bill of Rights are under continual attack, it's understandable to become angry. It certainly makes me angry to have to keep explaining the simple concept of freedom. Likewise I understand that while many liberals are well meaning, they're just so often wrong. They're also willing to trade individual responsibility and freedom for the illusion of security.

Just like religion is 100% based on logic and facts ? :)

Just like religion is 100% based on logic and facts ? :)

Did he edit his post that you quoted, or are you just trying to throw something else in, that isn't there?

I guess I don't understand you. To believe your sig. line, you're Independent, but you rail on and on about how evil, stupid, corrupt the Republicans are. I'm obviously not on here as much as you, so have I missed some of your posts where you bash Democrats?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads