JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Now that the children are distracted..

It will be a big yellow barbed wire school bus, driven straight up the backsides of Honest Firearm Owners. It will be Piloted by an insane Kenyan, Co piloted By Diane Feinstein and the rest of the nut jobs in Washington. After it is up our backsides good and tight, They will slam on the bakes and whip a brody...That is how the New Firearms Ban is going to go down

I think the CT shooting will up the game. I think they will want a ban and not offer grandfathering and instead demand citizens turn in what they have. That is what CA has been trying to pass recently. The killing of so many innocent children will demand that they ask for a ban AND the surrender of certain firearms. Good bye constitution.

I guess at that point I will become a criminal.

I just ordered more mags from Cheaper Than dirt early this week

I just ordered another 440ct tin for my mosin (which should arrive before the world ends on 12-21-12 lol), so Im now around 2-2500 rounds for it. Got 14K rounds of 22LR, and 800 or so 12ga shells of 2 3/4" slugs and 00 buck. As Hickok45 puts it.......life is good :s0155:

Isn't it strange how all of a sudden nobody is talking about the "fiscal cliff"? less than a week ago it seemed like facebook was obsessed with it. Now facebook seems obsessed with .223 "High powered rifle rounds".

I also find it strange that in this country, .223 is the problem, whereas just over the border, Canada seemed inclined to feel the opposite, and banned .32 and .25 caliber handguns! Just more bigbro taking advantage of tragedy to further political agendas.

For everyone debating the need of the people to possess .223, or .50 bmg, or wtf else: The 2nd amendment states: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." This right to keep and bear arms is not FOR the well-regulated militia, but rather BECAUSE OF the "well-regulated militia." Thats what the founding fathers had just gotten done fighting against: A "well regulated militia".

How many of you know what the purpose of the second amendment is? did you know its not so you can have guns to hunt, or have them cause they're cool, or even to protect your family. The reason the Founders wanted an armed population was so the Government would be afraid, that WE would be a direct threat to the government, so it would remain small and FEAR the citizen. An armed population is a way of keeping tyranny in check. We were never meant to be afraid of the government, of what they can do, of their raids, their oppression, they were supposed to be afraid of the wrath of the people.

@taylor , I think you are right, however, the key phrase being debated is the "well regulated militia ". Think critically, what precisely does that mean ? Are all of us loosely bound gun owners "well regulated" or a "militia " ? Doesn't a militia have to have a formal structure and designated leaders ? Drills ?

I strongly suspect we will be inundated shortly with this discussion in the media and perhaps in congress if they can ever settle their money fight and get on with other things like jobs .

Regardless, we better expect more restrictions on guns and ammo after all these nuts have misused them and we become the scapegoat. (Outlaw cars because drunk drivers kill people ? )

Stay tuned on this super national fight ?

Now that the children are distracted..

It will be a big yellow barbed wire school bus, driven straight up the backsides of Honest Firearm Owners. It will be Piloted by an insane Kenyan, Co piloted By Diane Feinstein and the rest of the nut jobs in Washington. After it is up our backsides good and tight, They will slam on the bakes and whip a brody...That is how the New Firearms Ban is going to go down

Fo' shizzle. Word, yo.

@taylor , I think you are right, however, the key phrase being debated is the "well regulated militia ". Think critically, what precisely does that mean ? Are all of us loosely bound gun owners "well regulated" or a "militia " ? Doesn't a militia have to have a formal structure and designated leaders ? Drills ?

Just popping to let you know there is another thread on the site where this was covered (actually, beaten to death :s0114:). It'll take some time to read through it all, so have coffee handy! :s0155:

Feinstein has said she plans to reintroduce another ban on so-called "Assault Weapons" and "High-Capacity" mags. As with the Clinton AWB, you can keep whatever you already have but the bill is designed to cutoff the supply of the new stuff. The kicker with hers is that she is including a provision that makes it illegal to transfer (give, sell, or trade) what you already have to another person.

It wouldn't surprise me if her bill also has some other stuff restricting ammo purchases in regards to quantity and type of bullets. Additionally, I suspect she'll try to go after private sales by requiring all firearm transfers to be done through a FFL.

Once again we the law abiding citizens will be punished because some nut case picked a soft target and used a gun to terrorize a neighborhood. The bleeding hearts will seize the moment and wrap a band aid on the wound. Meanwhile the underlying cause will be ignored. Look at all the current laws this guy broke. Which one of those should have prevented this tragedy?

Even MSNBC, a decidedly left leaning news (sort of, at least) agency, is saying minimal if anything will get through.

After shooting, some Democrats demand action, but prospects unclear - NBC Politics

14 democrats are up for re-election in the senate from gun friendly states. Pushing through new gun control, besides not being the proper way to prevent tragedies such as this, is not a good recipe for political survival in rural states.

As many have said, politics often works on emotion, to a certain extent, on both sides of the aisle. The problem with emotion as a vehicle to get things done is that it tends to burn out quickly. Sadly, its reasonable to think that not much of our population could recall the state the Representative who was shot was from (Arizona), or where the theater shooting was (Aurora, CO), or what kind of temple that whack job in Wisconsin shot up (Sikh).

On one hand, that's good as hopefully there will not be a knee jerk reaction. On the other hand, its sad that chances are slim that they will take the time to identify the actual causes behind incidents like this.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything coming out of this tragedy. I think we need to address why our young people are snapping like rubber bands, but I don't see it happening. Politicians will rail on gun control for a month because its easy and is full of buzz-words. But in the end, nothing will get done. Again...

Yesterday, I went to Craigs List in Conn and read some of the horrably angred post that were antigun and antiNRA. Some folks are simply livid; but in reality seem to be quit ingnorant.

For the past 4 years many thousands of citizens have been better aware of the gun issues and have been buying guns like water comes out of a hose. Their numbers are substantial. I would think that their presence will buffer the anti-gun movement that picked up force last week. What happened in Conn is terrable, but there may be some history that the school district may have provoked this kid into these violent acts by having a confrontation with him a day or so earlier. Conn has one of the toughest gun laws in the country and their system failed. No kidding. I'm, surprised their irrational citizens do not want to burn the mentall ill at the stake--they did that hundreds of years ago, and that failed to eradicate mental illness. We live in dangerous political times.

Feinstein has said she plans to reintroduce another ban on so-called "Assault Weapons" and "High-Capacity" mags. As with the Clinton AWB, you can keep whatever you already have but the bill is designed to cutoff the supply of the new stuff. The kicker with hers is that she is including a provision that makes it illegal to transfer (give, sell, or trade) what you already have to another person.

It wouldn't surprise me if her bill also has some other stuff restricting ammo purchases in regards to quantity and type of bullets. Additionally, I suspect she'll try to go after private sales by requiring all firearm transfers to be done through a FFL.

Its time to ignore these laws if they are infact inacted. They want war? give it to them.

The people in congress, even Nanny Pelosi and the Courts learn from the past inculding their mistakes. An assault riflle ban and the healthcare debate will be used, as they taught us about the power of our government.
The 2nd Amendment " ..... shall not be infringed "was intended to prevent all laws and regulations that would result in the people being deprived, abridged, restrained, narrowed, or restricted in the exercise of their fundamental right to keep and bear arms. It was upheld in the SCOTUS.

One option open to the federal government is the 113th Congress would use the power to tax certain firearms or components (e. i. military ammo or magazines) to fund prison, education, law enforcement, or mental health programs or retirement of the national debt.

Congress taxes manufacturers to fund wildlife conservation and shooting range construction presently under PR/DJ.

I strongly suspect we will be inundated shortly with this discussion in the media and perhaps in congress if they can ever settle their money fight and get on with other things like jobs .

Regardless, we better expect more restrictions on guns and ammo after all these nuts have misused them and we become the scapegoat. (Outlaw cars because drunk drivers kill people ? )

Stay tuned on this super national fight ?

That phrase was written 200+ years ago, and should not be taken by norms of the modern language or reality. Regulation in this context is believed to be "discipline" or "standardization". I personally like the standardization version. Basically during the Revolutionary War citizens were fighting with whatever arms they had (large variety of calibers), which was a logistical nightmare for supplying munitions.

J hate to sound or feel defeated, but I'm afraid all this discussion is moot. The next Supreme Court appointment, which is sure to happen during Obamas second term will be the death knell for most of our 2A rights as we know them today.

I would be happy if someone here could show me where I'm wrong on this.

J hate to sound or feel defeated, but I'm afraid all this discussion is moot. The next Supreme Court appointment, which is sure to happen during Obamas second term will be the death knell for most of our 2A rights as we know them today.

I would be happy if someone here could show me where I'm wrong on this.

There are 9 justices on the court. Who will be Obama replacing ? :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads