JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I restarted a practice today of the morning jog. As the weather continues to suck less, I'm going to be adding sprints back into the mix too. Question for those that do the same: how do you carry whilst doing so? What piece and what holster?

Thanks much.

P.S. Tagging @Kruel J on this one because I know he does that most days.

I restarted a practice today of the morning jog. As the weather continues to suck less, I'm going to be adding sprints back into the mix too. Question for those that do the same: how do you carry whilst doing so? What piece and what holster?

Thanks much.

P.S. Tagging @Kruel J on this one because I know he does that most days.

Welp....I run on a treadmill most days so the only thing on me besides clothes is my headphones. :p

Welp....I run on a treadmill most days so the only thing on me besides clothes is my headphones. :p

Haha, OK. I should have specified, I'm doing the running either on our property or along the country road down the hill from us.

I either pocket carry an LCP .380 or use a belly band for a .357 snub nose

Interesting idea on the latter. I think we have one floating around. :)

I don't carry when I run.

Please direct me to the nearest, "Your an idiot for not always carrying!" Rehabilitation center.

CAR 16 Commando on a sling for the win! :s0155:

Mostly I jog with a left hip Cross Draw for the big Ruger Wheel gun, it has excellent retention and in the cross draw configuration, it stays tucked in nice and tight!
The Wind Breaker covers it nicely for those "Brisk" temps, and a long loose fitting tee shirt untucked for warmer weather!

Tactical yoga pants?

1581463765215.jpeg

Get yo'self a good woman.
The kind that comes to the marriage with guns.
The kind that looks at a 4-Runner and thinks, this could use a .50 Cal.
The kind that'll drive that sucker behind you so you can enjoy the misty morning air.

Or just get a treadmill.

Your call.

I run with the dog. Usually it's early AM and no side arm, just ID on a yoke. Based on what I've seen, my dog is good defense, and I'm running.
When I run with him at the park, I have my OWB high-ride holster at 8:30. The gun is snapped in, doesn't shake much on my hip. My bigger concern has been my clothes riding up on the holster and it becoming open carry.
Edit to add, because I want to keep my hips and knees active for the next 40 years, I've started reusing my rowing ergometer - it's like sprinting hills.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top