JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I slipped free of the addiction a couple times in my life, giving into it again most recently in 19_ (okay, a long time ago) on an all-night surveillance. It's been a cycle of feeding my all-day adult-ritalin peaks and crashes ever since.

So I quit doing 8-10 hours of daily coffee at work a few months ago, really enjoying a cup (or 3) on the weekends lately. Now that I'm past feeling like there's a spear stuck through my head, it's actually much better, with a lot less yawning in the office.

Although I have favorites like anyone here, even the most abject crap coffee tastes amazing in the right setting.

View attachment 98950

That's a photo of comfort food right there :)

I live in an RV so stove top is a natural.I tried a peculator but I need to filter mine pretty good.
And I have tried a french press,but didn't see what the excitement was about
Some ritzy coffee snobs say the siphon/vacuum maker makes thee best.Haven't spent the money yet
MG_7560-213x300.jpg

I now use my perc pot to boil water and poor thru a cone filter.I tried the gold mesh filters but the fine grounds bother my throat,so I use the gold filter for easy clean up and paper to get the grit out. And since I'm impatient,I have to use more coffee cause I drilled bigger holes in the bottom,lol
I really suck at making coffee and I am glad Starbucks is 2 minutes away

Oh yeah the RV part.
I walk the dogs at a park with dry camp sites.The trail next to them looks over the water and I stop to talk the campers.
I'm talking to a guy about 9:30am,he says he needs his coffee and it should be late enough to start the generator to make it
I'm thinking 'HUH??? You don't know how to make coffee without e lec triss ity?'
And he was serious about needing his coffee!

I was the hero of the neighborhood back in 2012 I think when that big ice storm hit and took the power out. I had my percolator and stove stop espresso machine going on the camp stove for the neighborhood! It was pretty cool how everyone came together and helped each other out.

Nice! We just bought our house there end of April so still learning the area. Like it a lot so far! I lived in South Hill from 09-13 and my now wife, lived next to Bethel HS. We just got married in February and now I'm deployed....so been an interesting, yet exciting year so far. I love doing what I do for my country but really wish they would have let me hold off on deploying till a little later on. We weren't even fully moved in by the time I had to leave :(

A Gevalia drip coffee maker that my wife got for free when she bought some of their coffee. Good, simple machine that gets me moving in the morning, in more ways than one.

When I'm out of the house and feeling rich there's nothing like a Coconut Milk Mocha from Dutch!

Currently I use a pour over but I have almost every brewing device known to man. French press is by far my favorite.

Coffee must be black. The only exception is when there is eggnog. The rule then becomes, eggnog must be consumed with everything.

mmm.... I have a high end espresso machine. I make myself a 4 or 6 shot W/steamed whole milk espresso every morning depending on how I feel. I am a bit of a snob, not that I wont drink about any coffee if need be, but there are only a few places Ive found on the west coast that can make a cup that's as good as I can make for myself and Ive tried in about 15 states. That's not a boast, just a fact.

If you want to know what espresso is suppose to taste like visit Espresso Vivace in Seattle. It will pretty much ruin everything else and make you wonder why 95% of every other coffee shop is completely clueless

All you guys who think that black coffee is "strong", and espresso is for girly boys.... Let me give you a cup of my joe and we will see how you feel about that afterwords. :)

mmm.... I have a high end espresso machine. I make myself a 4 or 6 shot W/steamed whole milk espresso every morning depending on how I feel. I am a bit of a snob, not that I wont drink about any coffee if need be, but there are only a few places Ive found on the west coast that can make a cup that's as good as I can make for myself and Ive tried in about 15 states. That's not a boast, just a fact.

If you want to know what espresso is suppose to taste like visit Espresso Vivace in Seattle. It will pretty much ruin everything else and make you wonder why 95% of every other coffee shop is completely clueless

All you guys who think that black coffee is "strong", and espresso is for girly boys.... Let me give you a cup of my joe and we will see how you feel about that afterwords. :)
I'm in the industry and have always loved the bean. Espresso in its true form and presentation is certainly not for girly boys or girls but the same could be said about traditional brewed coffee. The two are so completely different that they are in different categories and comparing them is just silly in my opinion. Comparing beans, roasts and methods within each category is a totally different story.

Being a newer member, I'm not sure how far an espresso thread would go here. :D

Mmmmm. MonsterMetal, sir, although I do understand what you were trying to say, your post seems to suggest that "gun toters" are naturally conservative in political outlook, and that "espresso connoisseurs" are on the other side of the political spectrum. I am sure that you didn't mean it this way, for otherwise this would be an error of association.

Although the majority of gun owners might indeed be conservatives (I wouldn't doubt it), the fact is firearms ownership (at least in this country) is based upon the understanding that all humans have a natural right to protect themselves, their families (and, in Texas anyway, their property). Lots and lots of liberals (by that I mean "not conservative") understand this as well.

And, although the vast majority of "espresso connoisseurs" do indeed fall into the "non conservative" camp, let me assure you that this is only because you live in Seattle/Portland/Vancouver/Eugene/SF and so on. One has nothing to do with the other.

Some of us who are firearms owners do indeed care very much about what we eat and drink.

I actually did mean it that way although political leanings had nothing to do with my statement. Your argument pretty much presents the same. My point was that if you made two groups, one that consisted of self proclaimed gun enthusiasts and one of self proclaimed espresso connoisseurs that little of the two would overlap on a Venn chart. Maybe 5-10%? It has little to do with caring about what you eat or drink. If you ask a hundred gun owners (who at least 75% of would self identify as republican or libertarian by the way) where the best place to have a Cortado or Macchiato in their town was, how many could answer? I would be real surprised if it was 10. That is not putting anyone down nor does it have any bearing on human rights or political leanings.
My guess is that far more gun owners would be of the sort mjbskswim is above that makes fun of people like me. Which is fine. Im 6', 230 pounds, have both arms & legs sleeved in tattoo's and am a professional blacksmith who happens to love firearms. I don't fit so well into either the conservative camp or espresso connoisseur group, or even the firearm enthusiast group but they all seem to accept who I am and overlook our differences. And if they are the sort that doesn't? So be it, I'm not much interested in trying to change there mind. :)

Monstermetal,

I haven't been to the coffee shop you spoke of, but I plan on going when I return home.

I'm one that enjoys a lot of different things and was always a drifter if that makes sense. I love my guns, and am a strong supporter of our gun rights etc. I would not label myself "conservative" or "liberal." I am who I am and when I vote, I research the person and vote for who they are. Not the party they are affiliated with. I have a lot of conservative views, but also many what some would consider liberal as well. Regardless of all that....I love my coffee and love finding new ways to enjoy it. It's amazing what pressure and temp, along with different roasts, do to the flavor of it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top