JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The recipe I used in the Army was:
15 gallons of boiling water
1 three pound can of coffee
Bring water to a boil in a 15 gal steel pot on top of an M2 burner unit. Shut down the unit
Open the can of coffee and dump entire contents into the hot water, replace lid, let sit for five minutes. Stir the mixture and wait for the grounds to sink.

That is the very recipe for camp coffee; the only thing missing is the egg shells (used to ensure the grounds stay at the bottom of the pot).

I use an old "made in the USA, vintage electric percolator that's in really great condition". It's drank straight black. Mama likes a little milk in hers. I'll never let go of my old half gallon camp pot, put her on the stove/fire, wait for it,,, oh that smell as its perking,, aahhhh ya.

What is this "make" you are talking about?

350-24722-847__1.jpg

Put rounded teaspoon full in cup of boiling water. Perhaps you "make" or "cook" water to get it boiling!?!

When ai first met my wife's dad (old school ohio farmer) this is what he had for coffee. He scared me, but I almost slapped him.
Unfortunately there's no starbucks for about 70 miles.
Mcdonalds was all.

When ai first met my wife's dad (old school ohio farmer) this is what he had for coffee. He scared me, but I almost slapped him.
Unfortunately there's no starbucks for about 70 miles.
Mcdonalds was all.

When in the field and no way to have real coffee, I'll take some of the instant stuff and put it between my cheek and gums like a pinch of dip. It definitely gets the caffeine in your system, that's for damn sure!!!

I use a hand-powered grinder to get the perfect grind and then an Aeropress for the smoothest cup of coffee on earth.

I've seen those Aeropresses. How easy is that and would it be something one could use outside of a kitchen environment? Also, what kind of hand grinder do you have? I desperately need a new one to replace the broken one.

It's really easy. You don't need a kitchen. I like it because it is good for a single cup. Similar concept as a french press. If you get one, don't follow the instructions that come with it. Look for instructions on Youtube. The grinder I use is below. I saw someone on Youtube hook up a drill to it sort of defeating the purpose of a hand crank but def cheaper than an electric burr grinder.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008YK3IUM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use the Porlex JP-30. Once I wreck it, I'll check out that Kuissential one. But so far the Porlex has withstood a lot of abuse.
31aDGpKTaCL.jpg

And that includes using a DeWalt cordless drill to power it, sometimes.

Whole French roast beans go through the Bodum burr grinder, pack the grounds into the DeLonghi pump espresso maker for two shots. Add some soy "milk" to a cup since dairy does not agree with me.

I make it in a Krups drip machine with a cone filter with 8 heaping tablespoons of Coffee (I like it strong) I found out last year when I bought the Krups that a cone filter makes the coffee a lot better than the flat bottom type filter that I had always been using.

I take it with lots of cream and lots of sugar, just like Mr. Wolf in Pulp Fiction.

For about two years I switched to an electric percolator and I loved it, it made the best tasting coffee I have ever had, but then I found out that it is bad for your cholesterol so I switched back to a drip machine.

If I am feeling frisky I will go to Starbucks and get a double tall non fat skinny double shaken Carmel macchiato soy Frappuccino, Just kidding. :D

I slipped free of the addiction a couple times in my life, giving into it again most recently in 19_ (okay, a long time ago) on an all-night surveillance. It's been a cycle of feeding my all-day adult-ritalin peaks and crashes ever since.

So I quit doing 8-10 hours of daily coffee at work a few months ago, really enjoying a cup (or 3) on the weekends lately. Now that I'm past feeling like there's a spear stuck through my head, it's actually much better. A lot less yawning in the office.

Although I have favorites like anyone here, even the most abject crap coffee tastes amazing in the right setting.

BaconCoffee_zps45689f97.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews