JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright I'll say it... no coffee snob here. I like my instant. Ever since finding that nice little packet of instant in my C-Rats (later MRE's) along with the creamer packet, I was hooked. Chow truck coffee was ok, mostly because it was a hot liquid. Walking back to my AO with coffee sloshing around in that canteen cup was one of my fondest memories. But I really liked those little instant coffee packets.
Zoom ahead to modern day life, I still like my instant. Take it either black but prefer half & half. Starbux via is ok. The Christmas blend Via is pretty good. But Tasters Choice at Walmart is five for a buck and doesn't disappoint. I also like the overseas instant coffee's like the 117 and Blendy. Good stuff. You can find that along with the Vietnamese instant blends at most Asian grocers.

Spent a portion of a morning tearing open 3in1 packets (Asian instant coffee w/sugar&screamer) and carefully pouring them into a clean empty plastic bottle.

To make it easier to brew up bigger round eye sized cups.

Few days later left that bottle on accident on the table if a roadhouse in Xiangjiang AR. Figured it out after cycling all day long an wanting a nice hot cup...Dohhhh!

With a styrofoam cup, some clips, a coffee filter, and boiling water pouring over the coffee.

I'm a college student, can't afford a separate coffee machine for the apartment.

With a styrofoam cup, some clips, a coffee filter, and boiling water pouring over the coffee.

I'm a college student, can't afford a separate coffee machine for the apartment.

That's OK, so long as you aren't spending $ on take out coffee somewhere during your day.

If you are, then a coffee pot (or electric tea kettle -$20 at Walmart) is a worthwhile investment...

That's OK, so long as you aren't spending $ on take out coffee somewhere during your day.

If you are, then a coffee pot (or electric tea kettle -$20 at Walmart) is a worthwhile investment...
Only coffee place near the apartment is Starbucks... And I don't go to Starbucks.

They'd spit in my coffee anyways.

Folger's Instant Coffee Crystals and an Electric Kettle in my room. Occasionally, I like to add Torani brand Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Syrup added to it. (It makes the cold autumn/winter days and nights tolerable).

OTOH, I like my Great Value Cocoa too.

I have more ways to brew coffee at home than I can count, seriously. I love coffee, but have yet to find the method that gives me exactly what I want. So far, the best is the french press, followed by a pour-over basket, and yes, I do have a Keurig I use from time to time.

All in all, my favorite though, is a good hot cup of COVFEFE :rolleyes:

We, (I mostly) just use an ancient 15 plus year old MR COFFEE FOUR, (4) CUP electric coffee machine. Pure sweet water goes in the back from the top and double strength fine ground French Roast REAL coffee goes into a cotton reusable filter. Then it gets plugged in the wall socket. Probably thousands of brew cycles on this old machine. Still works. Double strength REAL French Roast at about 6.30 am. Works for me. :)

The four cups of coffee perfectly fills my favorite hand thrown green high temp glaze clay big coffee mug. Thank you Hannah! :)

Last Edited:
At work: Folgers in drip maker.
At home: Lavazza Italian roast in stove top espresso maker. (Unless I'm feeling too lazy, then it's in a Mr. Coffee... OK, most of the time it's Mr. Coffee.)

I've been through all the grinding beans, french press, etc. Now that I'm old, the last thing I want to do before having coffee is putzing around with all the crap needed to make coffee. I use a Keurig now. I've also developed a nice case of acid reflux from drinking the high-test hyper coffee in my youth, a medium roast is just fine now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top