JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DON'T TOUCH IT EVER. The more you mess with it the more people will have a chance to see what you are carrying. Do all the touching you want at home use a mirror or your wife to look but once out of the house. I ignore it.

I learned early if you have to "check" to see if it's there, you shouldn't be wearing it at all, so I passed that stage. I think that just because it's tough to conceal in dress pants or yoga pants, it does not mean you don't wear it. When you go walking in wooded areas, you wear it, It's not in plain sight, and it isn't intentionally obvious, it's a win. Some people will notice, I can't do much about that but it's more important how you carry yourself in that instance.

Came across a guy last night that it was obvious with his tight fitted shirt that he was carrying.

I've often wondered if you've elected to CC (Concealed Carry) then why not go the extra step and make sure that what you're wearing aligns with your intent.

We've all heard it..."Why OC (Open Carry) and advertise to the bad guy that I'm the first one to eliminate", then go about CC'ing in a manner that advertises that you have a gun and now you've made it harder to access with your ill fitted shirt...

You're giving the general public way more credit for noticing literally anything.

The only reason YOU noticed is because you carry, and you look for such things. I used to as well. Nowadays I couldn't give two Schlitz if I print while carrying because quite frankly, nobody notices and nobody cares. People are too wrapped up in their own little worlds.

1572323924041.png

My LC9s in an IWB leather holster at 4 o'clock is so comfortable I almost forget it's there and it never shows. Even in summer with just jeans and a T-shirt you'll never see it.

Being an "old guy" I have discovered that I am pretty much invisible. It's an advantage when concealing a weapon. I consider myself a grey ghost, might as well be dead and forgotten.

Another thought, try a distraction, like a magician. Wear a hat, not a ballcap, a real hat. Maybe carry a cane. What you are trying to do is draw attention away from the hidden with the obvious. People are easy to fool.

Here in the "modern age" most folks are too busy with their phones stuck to their faces to notice much anyway.

I'd bet the guy knews exactly what he was doing. A guy that wears tight shirts probably looked at his own @ss in the mirror and saw it printing. Personally, I think going grayman is the best way. It doesn't matter how well you conceal a firearm. If you are wearing 5.11 pants, a 9Line t-shirt, tactical flip flops while carrying a Black Rifle Coffee Company mug and sporting an operator beard, I got you pegged.

I 99% CC, (except at gas station while fueling) but, given OC is legal in Texas, even if my CC is discovered by others, doesn't matter - because it's legal.

Plus, like PaulB, I'm a geezer and generally ignored, which I much prefer when out and about...

I CC a G19 IWB and never worry about printing. Of course, I don't wear skin tight shirts either. Summer or Winter, all year long. In the Winter time of course, I have much more latitude in what I can carry because of heavier/more bulky clothing. But I usually just go with my regular EDC.

I'd bet the guy knews exactly what he was doing. A guy that wears tight shirts probably looked at his own @ss in the mirror and saw it printing. Personally, I think going grayman is the best way. It doesn't matter how well you conceal a firearm. If you are wearing 5.11 pants, a 9Line t-shirt, tactical flip flops while carrying a Black Rifle Coffee Company mug and sporting an operator beard, I got you pegged.

what if its just the 5.11 pants, a nice button down fishing shirt, wool socks with brown leather sandals, and a plain jain coffee mug with no logo? Also, if & when facial hair, its just a goat(ee) - cuz I must be the evil twin. :D

Had an old man come up behind me and say "you're printing..."

a slight adjustment from 3:30 to 3:00 fixed it.

I stopped caring about occasional printing. Most people don't notice and those that do can pound sand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top