JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across a guy last night that it was obvious with his tight fitted shirt that he was carrying.

I've often wondered if you've elected to CC (Concealed Carry) then why not go the extra step and make sure that what you're wearing aligns with your intent.

We've all heard it..."Why OC (Open Carry) and advertise to the bad guy that I'm the first one to eliminate", then go about CC'ing in a manner that advertises that you have a gun and now you've made it harder to access with your ill fitted shirt...

I dont worry too much about it. Put it on, tshirt goes over it, done. I dont care if it occasionally prints. Like I've said before, if someone "busts" you, its likely they carry themselves and are tuned in to what to look for. The general public is oblivious.

That said, I carry a compact and dont wear skin tight clothes.

I think wearing a loose, open overshirt screams gun as much as anything.

While "printing" can get you and your carry noticed...
How you "carry" yourself , more than any shirt or other clothing choice , may ID you as well...

I have see a few folks re-adjust their holster , rest their hand on the holstered firearm , head on swivel , almost a blur , even swagger a bit ...etc...
Granted those folks might be new to the Concealed Carry world and trying out a new holster or the like...

I still say that it is best to practice concealed carry at home with what you usually wear , and doing what you usually do , where you plan to conceal carry , to get used to carrying and to see just what works or doesn't work....
Andy

I'm a huge proponent of "carrying what you train with." So, that means I carry my Glock 45 with an RMR wherever I go. I only carry appendix carry anymore because it's the only way I can comfortably stay concealed. It takes some getting used to but it works if you have a couple of well made holsters. I'm not a huge guy and I'm still able to easily conceal a full sized Glock. I also like it because it's very fast to retrieve.

I have see a few folks re-adjust their holster , rest their hand on the holstered firearm
This can be witnessed in Walmart with their first "Gun Walk"...ask me how I know. I'm sure when I started EDCing 25 years ago that I did exactly these things you've mentioned...

In the heat of the Texas summer, I often carry my G19 in an OWB, rectangular, leather, zippered holster pack. It's right out there to be seen by all. I also carry a fully loaded spare magazine in the outside pocket.

Does it scream gun?

No.

How do I know?

I watch people's eye movement.

I've been using this method of carrying for years without a single person ever asking me what is that or staring at my pack full of gun and cartridges.

Is it possible some do notice though quite discreetly, but courteously say or do nothing?

Sure and I'm not in the least concerned about these folk.

Although I take reasonable precautions to not flash around my CCW I simply don't "worry" about it. Believe it or not a person's behavior, attitude/posture, and "movements" are what mainly catches attention. I used to bodyguard Army generals, and I know of which I speaketh.

You walk around looking like you're looking for a fight? People notice.

You keep constantly fiddling around with your CCW? People notice.

You walk around with "your head on a swivel" looking at everyone? People notice.

You can have all kinds of bulges and crap hanging off your waist-line, but if you look like just another "happy go-lucky goofball" going about his business, ALMOST nobody will turn their attention to you. Look to the chameleons for the answer, they camouflage themselves to blend in, but they're not "invisible" if you have the eyes to see.

When I started to carry I was young enough to be in real good shape. I did give up the nice tight shirts in favor of hiding the gun. Now days the pants and shirts are all "relaxed fit" and I am way to old to want to show off. :D
It also helped that when I was young I spent a lot of years in a state that did not allow CC. I did carry and of course there made damn sure it did not show. I have gotten slightly more careless about it now, but do make sure whatever I wear is not going to hinder a draw if needed. Suspenders helped LOADS. Couple decades back I tried some and fell in love. That stopped the having to feel like I needed to adjust when carrying.

Stomper,

"but if you look like just another "happy go-lucky goofball" going about his business"

You described me to a T!

In fact, I'll be wearing me gun toting gear (and gun of course) in about an hour when I go grocery shopping as 'she who must...' is still recuperating from surgery.

I just CCW nude, no clothes to print through.

B79EB124-686F-4E22-8208-DA322100BD4F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top