JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy pants with the next larger waist size a so can carry IWB. I wear a sleeveless T-shirt then I wear large short sleeve T-shirt or a polo shirt.

In wintertime I usually wear an OWB holster instead.

Choose the proper sidearm, spend $150 + on a proper holster, $75 + on a proper belt, and $ 1000 + per year on ammo for quality range practice with that same combo.

If one does those things, the correct outer garment will be a simple choice.

I ask myself, and many here with concern, why worry about it?
I don't get it.
I understand being observant, and questions cross the mind, but seriously, why does it concern or bother "you"
Open carry, I don't do, but anyone with that form of carry, is personal choice.
It does draw attention, I grant you that. If you want, they will look.

As long as the individual presents themselves appropriately, continue on IMO.

1564270817564.png

Easy, just don't click print! ITS THAT EASY GUYS!

Oh and make sure you don't accidentally press Ctrl+P

S&W M66, 4" barrel IWB tucked at about 1:00, suspenders. Grip falls just behind the suspenders, looks like typical hipline puff on sloppy shirt tuck. Even my wife has to ask whether I'm carrying sometimes.

Depends on the weather for me. Winter I IWB carry my Taurus PT 24/7 G2 covered by my Carhart Zip up hoody, during Warmer Weather (late Spring/ Summer, I carry a Pocket gun in my rt/front pocket. either way the gun don't show unless I want it to.

A good stiff belt and a quality holster will keep the gun in place eliminating the need to adjust and fiddle w it. I've grown very partial to Vedder products.

As @AndyinEverson said, your overall carriage and behavior are the biggest factors in keeping concealed concealed. Things like where you sit in a restuarant (towards rear, facing door, gun away from room), how you stand in a line (sideways, gun towards the front of the line), bending at the knees to pick something up off the floor, keeping your wallet on the opposite side of your gun, never carrying anything in your draw hand that you might hesitate to drop (kid, priceless works of art, beer), making adjustments out of view of people, etc. I've "developed" a move where, if my gun is off (in a vehicle), I can reach into the car, grab my holstered gun, turn around and have the gun in place before I've completed the 180° "spin"... lock and shut the door all in one movement. Takes maybe a second or less, literally.

Not all of the above necessarily aid in concealment per se, but can be helpful when concealment is more challenging, specifically warmer weather.

The art/science of camouflage rests heavily on visually "breaking up the outline" of a known shape. In this case (CC) it can most effectively be done with bulk, patterns, and placement. But with some thought and practice those things become less a part of the big picture as one adapts one's body language to the task.

OTOH, some people don't care about it at all, if it shows it shows, GFY.
When/if, after all of the above written claptrap fails, GFY is my Plan B ;)

Came across a guy last night that it was obvious with his tight fitted shirt that he was carrying.

I've often wondered if you've elected to CC (Concealed Carry) then why not go the extra step and make sure that what you're wearing aligns with your intent.

We've all heard it..."Why OC (Open Carry) and advertise to the bad guy that I'm the first one to eliminate", then go about CC'ing in a manner that advertises that you have a gun and now you've made it harder to access with your ill fitted shirt...
**********************************************************************************************
Concealed carry is all about your wardrobe. I live in a state that allows open carry but have found that many people feel that is inappropriate in a civilized society. I will let you know when I think our society is civilized.
I really don't care if people know I am carrying a firearm, so I often just use an Inside the Waist Band holster and pull a T shirt over it. When I really don't want people to know I am carrying I wear a leather vest with a pistol holster sewen to the inside in cross draw fashion. Yup, the leather vest gets plenty warm in the summer, so I also use a pocket holster for a smaller 9mm at times.
One thing I never do is a small of the back holster. Too many problems with that one including injury to myself and not being able to tell if it is printing or not. kidney carry would be better but I am a bit too fat for that. I have a friend who likes ankle carry but I have never found that to be comfortable.

Came across a guy last night that it was obvious with his tight fitted shirt that he was carrying.

I've often wondered if you've elected to CC (Concealed Carry) then why not go the extra step and make sure that what you're wearing aligns with your intent.

We've all heard it..."Why OC (Open Carry) and advertise to the bad guy that I'm the first one to eliminate", then go about CC'ing in a manner that advertises that you have a gun and now you've made it harder to access with your ill fitted shirt...

weather dependent, a oversized hawaian shirt, or flannel, untucked and one button in the front.

Currently, I am using the smallest fanny pack I can find - a kids' size. A 2" snubbie or compact semi fit upside down. An AMT .45 DAO with a spare mag slip right in. Hey, it's not fast draw - we're gonna lose that one. Situational awareness is key. On the strap, I wear a Gerber nylon sheath with a folder so that any perp checking me out will focus on the knife.

I always carry OWB. Usually a compact 9mm. I untuck my T-shirt and pull it over my holster and wear a regular collared button up short sleeve shirt (opened) over my T.

Very rarely been spotted as a CCW guy and then only by other carriers. General public is clueless.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top