JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will see couples dining together, both on their phones.

I used to laugh at the kids in restaurants, all 4 or 5 at a table not talking but faces glued to their phones. But lately this has been happening at my family gatherings with not just the kids but the adults... defeats the purpose of getting together... very sad. :(

I used to laugh at the kids in restaurants, all 4 or 5 at a table not talking but faces glued to their phones. But lately this has been happening at my family gatherings with not just the kids but the adults... defeats the purpose of getting together... very sad. :(
Had a GF who would get extra frisky if I deliberately left my phone at home. :) It was pretty good training. She was the sole anti-gun GF who I could not convert, no matter what.

Had a GF who would get extra frisky if I deliberately left my phone at home. :) It was pretty good training. She was the sole anti-gun GF who I could not convert, no matter what.

Well scru her! ... Wait, you already did!!

Xtra frisky huh? I guess she really liked no risk of interuptions. (sp)

Some folks will clean after case prep to remove case lube. I've found that my brass is slightly dull, but not dirty at this point. I avoid the extra step and package the ammo for use or storage... No cleaning after it's loaded and ready for use.

I travel a lot, and make it a practice to keep my head out of my phone unless it's necessary.
We preach situational awareness in my group, because lack of observation gets you dead in some of the stuff we do.
So I've been keeping an informal running tab of people, their phones and their awareness. Easily two thirds have their heads buried in their phones - on the bus, at the terminal, at restaurants. I will see couples dining together, both on their phones.
I like to send Mrs. Student a risque text across the table and then watch her try to order her meal all blushed and stuttery. She has Parkinson's so it's extra amusing:s0087:.

Daily CC will get a build up of lint and other funk on it. Law enforcement even routinely cleans the donut and Pringle's crumbs out of the mags and ammo on occasion. Atleast they should.

I'd avoid using any oil though on the ammo. Just makes it easier for stuff to cling to it the next time.
I've never had carry ammo get so dirty that I couldn't just wipe it off with a t-shirt.
:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top