JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me of a time when this friend of mine got an entire .380 cartridge lodged up his nose. (I have an interesting circle of friends). I told him to hold the other side of his nose down with his finger, close his mouth and exhale really hard. Nothing happened. I told him to do it again and when he did, I gave him a swift kick in the butt. Well, out it came, slightly bloody. He picked it up and wiped it of with a golf towel. Ammo cleaned. So, how did you get your ammo dirty?

Reminds me of a time when this friend of mine got an entire .380 cartridge lodged up his nose. (I have an interesting circle of friends). I told him to hold the other side of his nose down with his finger, close his mouth and exhale really hard. Nothing happened. I told him to do it again and when he did, I gave him a swift kick in the butt. Well, out it came, slightly bloody. He picked it up and wiped it of with a golf towel. Ammo cleaned. So, how did you get your ammo dirty?
:s0001: sounds like a text book definition of negligent discharge!

I have dropped my ammo in the dirt (read: red/gray clay or forest mulch) out there on the coast too many times to remember.
  • Fresh dirt : any rag you have on you. In the absence of that, I've used my undershirt.
  • Dried dirt : lightly dampened rag.
  • Oil : 99% alcohol or thinner on a rag
  • Paint : (wet) rag, dampen with water or solvent as needed (dry) toluene (lacquer thinner) on a rag
  • Tarnish : you don't. You see a therapist to remove the perceived dirt from your thinking. :D
Some guys tumble their loaded ammo in walnut or corn cob to make it shiny. As long as it shoots and won't gum up my action, I'm good.

My neighbor did a tour of duty in Vietnam and he told me that after walking a patrol in the delta, they would dump all their ammo in a wash tub full of gasoline and wipe it off with a rag.

We'd all be better off! Somebody please tell the kids. ;)
I travel a lot, and make it a practice to keep my head out of my phone unless it's necessary.
We preach situational awareness in my group, because lack of observation gets you dead in some of the stuff we do.
So I've been keeping an informal running tab of people, their phones and their awareness. Easily two thirds have their heads buried in their phones - on the bus, at the terminal, at restaurants. I will see couples dining together, both on their phones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top