JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right now I'm trying my best to hold off adding any more sections to the main page in an effort to keep our hosting costs down. The more sections we add, the more strain it puts on the SQL database which translates into increased CPU usage. I also want to make sure we don't get a ton of different sections all spread out. This doesn't mean I won't be considering this in the future, it's just that right now it makes more sense for us to keep the WTT threads in with the WTB and WTT. It should be easier to find what you're looking for in there now that I've adjusted the prefixes.

The thread crapping and chit chat in the Classified section is getting a little more than annoying. ( and I haven't been here that long!!! )

A for sale ad is just that, it shouldn't be a place to have conversations NOT related to the sale. It's distracting and frankly, just plain rude to the seller.

....and I see the one that set me off was just edited...:s0155:

I agree with that, most of that stuff should be relegated to PM's or not posted at all. Let me think on it ;)

The thread crapping and chit chat in the Classified section is getting a little more than annoying. ( and I haven't been here that long!!! )

A for sale ad is just that, it shouldn't be a place to have conversations NOT related to the sale. It's distracting and frankly, just plain rude to the seller.

....and I see the one that set me off was just edited...:s0155:

I agree that its distracting too, even though its usually us frequent posters threadcrapping, and I apologize for it.

:s0131:

Not my intention to call anyone out......but being that this is a publicly viewable site, the banter is probably best kept to the general forums, or PM.

Having sale threads full of spam isn't gonna encourage new posters to put stuff up for sale, and the classifieds would stagnate.

If it were a private site, no biggie, ( as some of you prolly know already), but if you want to encourage more people to sign up and use this site, it needs to ( the ad section any way ) be a bit more "formal".

My $.02 ----:s0162:

:s0131:

Not my intention to call anyone out......but being that this is a publicly viewable site, the banter is probably best kept to the general forums, or PM.

Having sale threads full of spam isn't gonna encourage new posters to put stuff up for sale, and the classifieds would stagnate.

If it were a private site, no biggie, ( as some of you prolly know already), but if you want to encourage more people to sign up and use this site, it needs to ( the ad section any way ) be a bit more "formal".

My $.02 ----:s0162:

+1 Driving people away from the site is not needed.

When an item is sold, the original poster can edit within the post to state SOLD, but not edit the TITLE of the thread post. Yes, most folks know that they can "hover" over a title and see the first lines fro changes. But it might save time and energy if the title could be edited.

A second issue, to save space and bandwidth, should photos be deleted from SOLD items? I did not notice, can this even be done?........................elsullo :s0155:

When an item is sold, the original poster can edit within the post to state SOLD, but not edit the TITLE of the thread post. Yes, most folks know that they can "hover" over a title and see the first lines fro changes. But it might save time and energy if the title could be edited.

A second issue, to save space and bandwidth, should photos be deleted from SOLD items? I did not notice, can this even be done?........................elsullo :s0155:

Better yet, I'm going to set the permissions so people can delete their own threads in the classified section :s0155:

Hello,
As a new member I noticed on a previous forum in the new posts, that there were choices, ie. New Posts since last visit, new posts in last 12 hours. IMO it seemed to make it a little handier, just a suggestion.
rhtwist

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads