JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to hear that you and the family are OK.

For the most part, I don't sleep as vigilantly as I did while in the military, so I have the downstairs doors alarmed and the stairwell to the second floor (where the bedrooms are) covered by a motion sensor/alarm. The AK is under the bed ready to go.

About a month ago I went to bed early and while asleep heard what I believed to be a gunshot right outside our front door. My wife had not yet gone to bed. I instinctively grabbed the AK, ran downstairs (naked) and scared the heck out of the wife who was sitting in the front room reading a book. She informed me that a neighbor had just let off a firecracker across the street... Well...it was good practice I guess :) .

Keith

About a year ago my wife woke me up at 3am telling me someone was on the back deck. I thought she was crazy until I saw movement. I grabbed the shotgun, loaded it full of 00 buck. It was the first time where I felt threatened enough to have to potentially use a firearm on another so needless to say I was a little bit nervous. Flicked on the back light, ripped the door open, and drew up on the....damned chickens that had escaped from their coop. They survived that time but had I even thought they might be going for a weapon it would have been lights out for them.

So, I have owned several guns for several years and used to be a police officer. My house was burglarized 2 weeks ago. Myself, my 3 kids and my wife were all home and asleep at the time (middle of the night). Must of left a door unlocked on accident.

They went into our backyard and stole my $1000 mountain bike and into our office and stole several computer items, the keys to my truck, credit cards, etc.

I sleep with our bedroom door open and a small fan going, for background noise (need it to fall asleep). We never woke up and never heard a thing.

Several days later I worked overtime and got home at 3am. I walked into the front door and shut it as I would during the day. I threw my keys on the counter, flipped on the lights and took off my work clothes. My small dog even barked a few times.

The next morning, I asked the family if they heard me come home last night and they told me no. My wife didn't even realize I had gotten into bed.

Just ironic, that I have a bedroom full of guns, but slept right through my house getting invaded. Luckily they only took items and didn't do anything to my family.

Moral of the story is to make sure you always lock and dead bolt every door in your house at night......I didn't think it would happen to me either! :s0131:

Just food for thought!

get an alarm system and USE it!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews