JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No expert here but I "think" he just got VERY lucky. I know here if someone has already set up in your home and you tried to do what he did the Police would show up to tell you no. The woman did not seem to want to try to push it so she just gave in. A LOT of these people will use the law to protect them and screw the homeowner over.

No expert here but I "think" he just got VERY lucky. I know here if someone has already set up in your home and you tried to do what he did the Police would show up to tell you no. The woman did not seem to want to try to push it so she just gave in. A LOT of these people will use the law to protect them and screw the homeowner over.
I caught that as well, but the concept of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" is still valid. Had it been more confrontational then have a crew ready to move their stuff to the curb and as soon as they leave for the day have at it. Change the locks, move in, and they have no recourse. If they call the cops then you have proof that you are the lessee/owner and they appropriately don't have squat.

It would not be beyond me to physically remove squatters that refused to leave in the Portland area. Yes, that would open me to action, but virtually nothing gets enforced as it is.

When the court systems state that people (squatters) have every right to live rent free in my property, it's time to take it back by force.
The left coast has destroyed the peaceful society we knew and loved, they are in contempt AFAIAC! :s0137:

I caught that as well, but the concept of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" is still valid. Had it been more confrontational then have a crew ready to move their stuff to the curb and as soon as they leave for the day have at it. Change the locks, move in, and they have no recourse. If they call the cops then you have proof that you are the lessee/owner and they appropriately don't have squat.

It would not be beyond me to physically remove squatters that refused to leave in the Portland area. Yes, that would open me to action, but virtually nothing gets enforced as it is.
If this happened to me that would be what I would "try". You of course have to catch them gone and be ready to do just that and fast. From what I have seen here most of these scum move in and make sure they are never not in the home for just that reason. What I have often wondered is how the hell do they get the utilities turned on? :confused:
Last few times we moved I had to call each utility and they did a credit check on me before they would turn stuff on. So how do these scum keep the damn lights on?

So how do these scum keep the damn lights on?
In Oregon and Washington they are legally tenants and as a landlord you are obligated to provide a habitable dwelling and that includes utilities. It's about as forked up as a soup sandwich, but that's the way it is.

So if the owner calls and turns off the utilities what do the squatters do? Sue the owner? :confused:
Yes, legally they can. They are tenants in every aspect of the law. You have to go through the eviction process as if they were real people.

The OP poses an interesting idea. I would guess if the landlord tried that he would be in big trouble. If it truly was another squatter not much could be done by the first one. As the landlord's relative I would guess it would amount to conspiracy to evict without legal proceedings, whatever the courts would call that.

Yes, legally they can. They are tenants in every aspect of the law. You have to go through the eviction process as if they were real people.

The OP poses an interesting idea. I would guess if the landlord tried that he would be in big trouble. If it truly was another squatter not much could be done by the first one. As the landlord's relative I would guess it would amount to conspiracy to evict without legal proceedings, whatever the courts would call that.
Guess the only way to really do this then is have some buddy on standby, watch the place hoping the scum leave long enough for you to get in, change the locks and then if they come back say "too bad, I'm here now". I would haul anything left in the house to the dump too. If the scum call the law just say "have no idea what they are talking about, tell them to hire a lawyer and sue me".
Still be interesting to know about the utilities though. Last two places we lived were rentals. We had to have the utilities in our name to even get them turned on. So how the hell do scum stay with lights on for months at a time unless one of the scum is actually going and paying the damn bill. I guess that would be cheap rent if all you had to pay was the utility bill.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top