JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What point are "these" people trying to proove?First its the fake facebook post by LYING US guns customer, the scared wimpy reporter whos shoulder got bruised and now this lady...theres +300million guns in America. Do "these people" think that Americans DONT know how easy it is to get a gun? Welcome to America Ms. Ubinas. if you dont like it feel free to leave and go to where you feel you'll be safer.

Stupid emotional "reporting".
She did nothing newsworthy .
A legal citizen with a clean record should be able to buy their gun of choice , without a lot of fuss.
Andy

Yes. Unfortunately some are heavily restricted or outright banned though. As I said before, even the laws here are a bit too restrictive, and they want to make it worse.

Yeah, my post was heavily laced with sarcasm. I would have loved to see her try the felon angle, as she would likely have been guilty of a felony for just setting it up.

She'd get away with it because it would suit the agenda. What we can't do they'd probably be able to do as long as it makes the people think it needs to be banned. Depending on location anyways. Here? She'd get in trouble fast.

I emailed her too. I don't expect to hear back. Hopefully she appreciated my congratulations of her wealth - at least the excess amount she has to make tossing away an $800 an easy decision. I wish I had that kind of money.

Seriously, she should have put that $800 towards the needed facelift and "filler injections" needed under her eyes that I can plainly see in her future.

:D

On the other hand, she would have raised holy hell if her BGC would have come back denied, screamed racial profiling and because she is a woman that is why she was denied....

Just saying.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one where the reporter's application was rejected due to his admission of alcohol abuse and a charge of domestic violence........

STEINBERG: Would-be terrorists can buy guns, but a reporter? No. (http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/steinberg-would-be-terrorists-can-buy-guns-but-a-reporter-no/)

;)

Michael Berry talked about this guy on his radio show this afternoon, saying that it backfired in the guy's face because he was going to show everyone how easy it was to buy a firearm. And instead, everyone across the country knows that he is a domestic abuser.....

She has good trigger finger discipline. And I agree that it shouldn't take more than 7 minutes to buy any firearm that you legally can, if your not a felon. What is the problem?

Good looking?? Only the firearm. Looks to me she has a cheek full of nuts (probably her husband's). You guys gotta remember that the Hoppe's only gets poured down the throat of your weapon, not yours. Causes bad choices in women.:s0005::s0032:

I never quite understand just what type of gun do "they" prefer people to be shot with. It's not like under their absolute best circumstances ARs or their idea of military weapons are gone criminals won't just choose any other gun. There are crusades and there's stupidity. If she really wanted to help take that $800 and buy some children some food. Stunts like this .....

Local newspaper reporter Helen Ubiñas said that she was horrified by her obscene experience this week in buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 ( S&W's version of the AR-15 rifle ) in only 7 minutes at a Philadelphia gun store. She was totally appalled at how easy it was for her to buy the gun, and how the instant background check process went through so very fast. Furthermore, the clerks at the gun store did not even question her for her motives in buying the rifle!!!

She was further disgusted by the fact that the gun store had the M&P 15 on sale, and it only cost her $759.99 to purchase! She said that just about anyone can afford to buy an AR-15! Don't you agree that is just totally revolting that AR-15 rifles are so affordable and easy to buy??

After leaving the gun store, Ubiñas then drove immediately to the Philadelphia police department's Sixth District on 11th and Winter streets, to surrender the rifle to have it destroyed. She complained bitterly that multiple police officers that she first spoke to were initially totally stumped by her request to have them destroy a brand new rifle that she had just purchased. But she eventually got them to give her the necessary paperwork to fill out, in order to surrender the rifle to them.

She was very upset that the process to turn in a gun to the police proved to be more complicated and took much more time than it took for her to buy the rifle!!

This reporter is really super angry and outraged about her experience in buying this rifle. Just look at this indignant expression on her face:

View attachment 298044

Helen Ubiñas can be reached at:

[email protected]
or
(215) 854-5943

if you would like to giver her any feedback.

Here is a link to her full news story, if you would like to read it:

I bought an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle in Philly in 7 minutes (http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/helen_ubinas/20160614_Ubinas__I_bought_an_AR-15_semi-automatic_rifle_in_Philly_in_7_minutes.html)

Wow!! Great price break there, with fast and efficient service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top