JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Local newspaper reporter Helen Ubiñas said that she was horrified by her obscene experience this week in buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 ( S&W's version of the AR-15 rifle ) in only 7 minutes at a Philadelphia gun store. She was totally appalled at how easy it was for her to buy the gun, and how the instant background check process went through so very fast. Furthermore, the clerks at the gun store did not even question her for her motives in buying the rifle!!!

She was further disgusted by the fact that the gun store had the M&P 15 on sale, and it only cost her $759.99 to purchase! She said that just about anyone can afford to buy an AR-15! Don't you agree that is just totally revolting that AR-15 rifles are so affordable and easy to buy??

After leaving the gun store, Ubiñas then drove immediately to the Philadelphia police department's Sixth District on 11th and Winter streets, to surrender the rifle to have it destroyed. She complained bitterly that multiple police officers that she first spoke to were initially totally stumped by her request to have them destroy a brand new rifle that she had just purchased. But she eventually got them to give her the necessary paperwork to fill out, in order to surrender the rifle to them.

She was very upset that the process to turn in a gun to the police proved to be more complicated and took much more time than it took for her to buy the rifle!!

This reporter is really super angry and outraged about her experience in buying this rifle. Just look at this indignant expression on her face:

20150612-Helen-AR-15-gun.jpg

Helen Ubiñas can be reached at:

[email protected]
or
(215) 854-5943

if you would like to giver her any feedback.

Here is a link to her full news story, if you would like to read it:

I bought an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle in Philly in 7 minutes (http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/helen_ubinas/20160614_Ubinas__I_bought_an_AR-15_semi-automatic_rifle_in_Philly_in_7_minutes.html)

Local newspaper reporter Helen Ubiñas said that she was horrified by her obscene experience this week in buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 ( S&W's version of the AR-15 rifle ) in only 7 minutes at a Philadelphia gun store. She was totally appalled at how easy it was for her to buy the gun, and how the instant background check process went through so very fast. Furthermore, the clerks at the gun store did not even question her for her motives in buying the rifle!!!

She was further disgusted by the fact that the gun store had the M&P 15 on sale, and it only cost her $759.99 to purchase! She said that just about anyone can afford to buy an AR-15! Don't you agree that is just totally revolting that AR-15 rifles are so affordable and easy to buy??

After leaving the gun store, Ubiñas then drove immediately to the Philadelphia police department's Sixth District on 11th and Winter streets, to surrender the rifle to have it destroyed. She complained bitterly that multiple police officers that she first spoke to were initially totally stumped by her request to have them destroy a brand new rifle that she had just purchased. But she eventually got them to give her the necessary paperwork to fill out, in order to surrender the rifle to them.

She was very upset that the process to turn in a gun to the police proved to be more complicated and took much more time than it took for her to buy the rifle!!

This reporter is really super angry and outraged about her experience in buying this rifle. Just look at this indignant expression on her face:

View attachment 298044

Helen Ubiñas can be reached at:

[email protected]
or
(215) 854-5943

if you would like to giver her any feedback.

Here is a link to her full news story, if you would like to read it:

I bought an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle in Philly in 7 minutes (http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/helen_ubinas/20160614_Ubinas__I_bought_an_AR-15_semi-automatic_rifle_in_Philly_in_7_minutes.html)

I think everyone should send her an email to tell her what nice tits she has....
Like her NRA shirt.

I dont understand.. what is the point of her story? Is she a felon? Illegal? On the terrorist list, under investigation? if not, then why shouldn't a law abiding person not get a ar-15 in 7 minutes?
Sounds like this hooplehead just proved that the BGC system they have there works.

I read that a reporter bought a pair of steel toe boots today...took him 4 minutes...the clerk didn't ask what he intended to do with the boots.
So he put them on and kicked the life out of a clerk at a liquor store.

I can't wait for next weeks installment ...
...."Buying a Baseball bat and visiting an orphanage"

I dont understand.. what is the point of her story? Is she a felon? Illegal? On the terrorist list, under investigation? if not, then why shouldn't a law abiding person not get a ar-15 in 7 minutes?
Sounds like this hooplehead just proved that the BGC system they have there works.

Its just a way of scaring people, pretty typical for the media. Funny that she broke the law buying the rifle (I believe you have to have a state permit to transport it, not that she will get in any trouble).

Stories like this are either motivated to draw readership to increase revenue or are a political propaganda. The sooner people see the media equivalent to telemarketers the better.

I sent her an email saying that when she writes an article about an AR15 when the killer used a MCX, she looses any chance of credibility. But Im sure it will go on deaf ears, it has done its job, drawn readership.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top