JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember, Glasshopper - a single hit with a .22 beats a thousand misses with a .45.

tac
AH So Master you are so correct most honorable one. Bear in mind I still have the full package of the Magtech, because I didn't have enough of them for practice, now that's all they will be used for, I hope to be able to keep my hits between the pockets with the new loads.
Gabby Glasshopper. :rolleyes: LOL

Now back to 9 v 40 v 45 v 357 Sig (hey, don't forget about that hot 9mm!) vs revolvers.

Hey, what about a 9mm (or maybe better yet, 9mm +p) shot from a Pistol Caliber Carbine. According to Keltec, the sub2000 in 9mm has the same energy at twenty yards that you'd get from a .357mag at the muzzle. What now!?! ;-)

We will have a conference call with the Snohomish County Prosecutor tomorrow afternoon to discuss whether we go after the death penalty or Life without possibility of parole. I withheld information that could have an affect on John Reeds plea and or trial. We have caught them monitoring family Face Book accounts and also trying to use the Freedom of Information act to gather information about our case. We are dealing with real Slimeballs here.
Update; Prosecutors are going after a sentence of "Life in prison without possibility of parole". Trial date is set for Sept 22, 2017. It is expected to last 2 1/2 weeks.

Update; Prosecutors are going after a sentence of "Life in prison without possibility of parole". Trial date is set for Sept 22, 2017. It is expected to last 2 1/2 weeks.

Although the death penalty would suit this just fine, it would be quite the heartache over time, each time there is a sentencing appeal & what not over the decades.

Life without possible parole, ever. Not better, not just, but at least no longer a member of society.

Although the death penalty would suit this just fine, it would be quite the heartache over time, each time there is a sentencing appeal & what not over the decades.

Life without possible parole, ever. Not better, not just, but at least no longer a member of society.
I was hoping that by going after the Death penalty it would encourage a guilty plea in exchange for Life, thus avoiding a trial and appeals later on.

I'm surprised at the performance of his ammo. Those rounds performed well in a number of ammo tests that I looked at before settling on my SD ammo. Luckygunner did one of the better documented tests and they used short barreled handguns to run the test specifically for the reason that's what people tend to carry nowadays.

For the 9mm, they used Smith & Wesson M&P9c with a 3.5 inch barrel. Here are is what the expansion looked like for the same ammo he had:

9mm124GDHP23618SpeerGD--2.jpg

All five rounds expanded when shooting into the materials used in the FBI heavy clothing test. The average diameter of the expanded bullet was 0.54 inches which is about average for the rounds they tested and with some consistency and decent weight retention.

I think there is going to be inconsistencies in the performance of any round of ammo. This guy ran into a string of bad luck with his. He makes a good point of knowing how your ammo will perform in your gun. I'm just not convinced that this one incident means this is not a good round. For the record, this isn't my chosen round.

Last Edited:
The way those bullets expanded looks exactly like the ones I've seen for Federal HST, the Gold Dot expands well but not like that. Every test I've seen showed the Gold Dot as coming in second!
I forgot to mention I now carry Federal HST 124gr in my 9mm. As does my local Sheriff's Dept. Good enough for them good enough for me! :D
Gabby

The way those bullets expanded looks exactly like the ones I've seen for Federal HST, the Gold Dot expands well but not like that. Every test I've seen showed the Gold Dot as coming in second!
I forgot to mention I now carry Federal HST 124gr in my 9mm. As does my local Sheriff's Dept. Good enough for them good enough for me! :D
Gabby

Same here. Good choice.

Please consider this an observation, not a criticism of the poster's actions in the referenced article.
Disclaimer: I have never drawn on or shot anybody (thank God).
1) No warning shots - ever. That bullet has to go somewhere. You aren't a cop and thus will not be excused from criminal responsibility for collateral damage.
2) No shooting to wound - ever.
a) The persecuting shyster will say that indicates that you did not believe that lethal force was justified.
b) You are a lot more likely to miss.
c) It is lot less likely to stop the assailant if you do hit him/her.
d) It more likely to over penetrate if you manage to hit in some area that won't stop the bullet. (See #1)
3) If the situation requires that you shoot the bad guy, keep shooting until you see brains or s/he falls down or runs away. (In this case thank God for small favors and hit the range ASAP, i.e. right after you acquire a more formidable piece.) Anything that needs to be shot needs to be shot a lot.
4) If you have to retrieve a gun prior to engaging make it a shotty or a carbine holding 20-30 rds.
5) If you have to go outside see #4.
6) Your life companion (how's that for PC?) should be as well armed as you.

That is all. Wake me up when dinner's ready. :D

Please consider this an observation, not a criticism of the poster's actions in the referenced article.
Disclaimer: I have never drawn on or shot anybody (thank God).
1) No warning shots - ever. That bullet has to go somewhere. You aren't a cop and thus will not be excused from criminal responsibility for collateral damage.
2) No shooting to wound - ever.
a) The persecuting shyster will say that indicates that you did not believe that lethal force was justified.
b) You are a lot more likely to miss.
c) It is lot less likely to stop the assailant if you do hit him/her.
d) It more likely to over penetrate if you manage to hit in some area that won't stop the bullet. (See #1)
3) If the situation requires that you shoot the bad guy, keep shooting until you see brains or s/he falls down or runs away. (In this case thank God for small favors and hit the range ASAP, i.e. right after you acquire a more formidable piece.) Anything that needs to be shot needs to be shot a lot.
4) If you have to retrieve a gun prior to engaging make it a shotty or a carbine holding 20-30 rds.
5) If you have to go outside see #4.
6) Your life companion (how's that for PC?) should be as well armed as you.

That is all. Wake me up when dinner's ready. :D
This reminded me of an incident years ago in down town Portland, OR. Two PDX officers came upon a woman sleeping in a downtown doorway. They thought she reach for a weapon. Over 40 rounds later she was dead. She was unarmed.

1. In a close-up situation - a room for instance, or a hallway - we were taught to aim exclusively at the area above the neckline, and to use as many rounds as you have in the magazine until the BG stops and drops. Then, reloading, move on, with your back-up buddy covering the just-dropped BG. If he moves, then the same action is applied to the prone body until it stops twitching. I realise that in a home situation there is likely only to be one of you, so never step over or to the side of the BG until his gun hand is clearly empty.

2. In the Iranian Embassy Siege back in 1980, one of the SAS unit that cleared the place up was asked by the judge heading up the inevitable Board of Inquiry to explain to the assembly why he had put 30 rounds of 9mm into the terrorist who'd had the hand grenade. His reply has gone into legend - 'Because that's all the rounds my magazine held, Sir'.

Do thou likewise.

Prone BG are treated differently - if facing away from you ,then two shots into the lower back, and then as the body arches up, the next two in the head. If facing, then see para 1.

tac

Not seeing the correlation to an armed individual breaking into your house.
The officers just kept on shooting the victim. There was no chance she would ever testify in court. The reference in the post advised basically, shoot to kill, not to wound. Years ago when I took my Concealed Carry class we were advised to do exactly the same. No warning shots, don't shoot to wound, It's YOUR word against your attackers. Dead attackers don't tell tales.

1. In a close-up situation - a room for instance, or a hallway - we were taught to aim exclusively at the area above the neckline, and to use as many rounds as you have in the magazine until the BG stops and drops. Then, reloading, move on, with your back-up buddy covering the just-dropped BG. If he moves, then the same action is applied to the prone body until it stops twitching. I realise that in a home situation there is likely only to be one of you, so never step over or to the side of the BG until his gun hand is clearly empty.

2. In the Iranian Embassy Siege back in 1980, one of the SAS unit that cleared the place up was asked by the judge heading up the inevitable Board of Inquiry to explain to the assembly why he had put 30 rounds of 9mm into the terrorist who'd had the hand grenade. His reply has gone into legend - 'Because that's all the rounds my magazine held, Sir'.

Do thou likewise.

Prone BG are treated differently - if facing away from you ,then two shots into the lower back, and then as the body arches up, the next two in the head. If facing, then see para 1.
Ontario?
tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews