JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mount a couple of fish hook shaped hangers to your bed frame on your side of the bed.. That's where a loaded short barreled shotgun goes. Magazine loaded, chamber empty. If the SHTF during the night, simply roll out of bed and onto the floor. Reach up and recover your gun.

Avoid standing up as you get out of bed. A roll out helps you avoid (possible) gun fire or making yourself a target.

The shotgun will give you nearly instant defensive firepower that is deadly at close range.

Actually the technique is taught to some government employees who work overseas.

So I cast a pearl... but I won't do it again.

:rolleyes: don't get upset. Its a valid idea if you live on the first floor with sub par defenses/alerts especially if you have an exterior door to you bedroom (or a hotel room) but if I need a gun THAT fast in my house its because someone rapelled off the roof or a helicopter, and I am just gonna admit defeat and die with my johnson in hand like god intended.

I get frequent nightmares (PTSD?). So, it's probably unsafe/unwise for me to to have a firearm that close to me while I'm sleeping.:eek: Yup.....I've even fought it out with Godzilla (in my dreams).

Godzilla_Facepalm.jpg

Aloha, Mark

That's some real Hollywood fantasy stuff right there. Rolling out of bed with a shotgun mounted on the side of the bed, that you will catch on when you roll out of bed.

Here are some more realistic tips:

-Reinforce your door so it can't be kicked in. Mine can't be broken down even with a battering ram. The product I installed has many videos on this and I double up with a door stop under the handle.

-Have an alarm.

-Put dowels in your windows so they have to be broken to get through.

These will keep them out or alert you if they get in, buying you time.

The concepts of defense are:

Deter

Detect

Delay

Deploy

This fantasy of rolling out of bed while someone is shooting at your is a bad joke it's so unrealistic. Your defense is to go Rambo with a shotgun in the dark while they are in your bedroom....ok...

I'll stick to deterring them, detecting them with alarms, delaying them by making it hard to get in, thus buying me time to DEPLOY...so that I don't have to try to roll out of bed and grab a shotgun while doing so and somehow bring it up while rolling and hitting my head, knees, hip and elbows on the floor. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Make your own "spike strips" by gluing some of your kids legos to a sheet of bubble-wrap. Deploy them each night......
.....nobody will sneak up on you. Even if the Dobad picks it up, he won't be able to stop himself from popping them bubbles.!

Shoot towards the sound:s0155:

Why would you have a shotgun/rifle for self defense with an empty chamber? Might as well not have the magazine inserted/loaded as well. If you need a shotgun/rifle right now, you need it RIGHT NOW. Loaded and one in the chamber with safety on. Leave safety on right up to the moment of bringing from ready to shooting position. It should happen about the same time your booger hook moves from the frame to inside the trigger guard, which is after you have identified a threat, and decided to engage. Trying to charge your shotgun/rifle and defend yourself while someone is already trying to punch your ticket is a losing proposition.

As far as mounting system via hooks... If you are looking for a non secure but accessable way of storing your weapon, using a setup where the method of securing your weapon that can move around such as an S hook is asking for your weapon to get hung up when you need it most.

If you want to have a weapon easily accessible and you don't care about unauthorized access, at least make the mounting solution secure such that the only movable let parts in your 'roll-out' commando action is only your weapon and nothing else.

Seriously, just lean it up against your bed or lay it down on the floor under the bed in an orientation that you know you can access it the same way every time. Lock it up when you aren't around.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top