JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't want to be one of those guys that buys 25 holsters before he finds the right one. I simply need 2 holsters for my Shield 9mm. One OWB, one IWB. If it's not comfortable I probaby won't wear it. If you google this you'll end up in front of the computer for hours. What do you suggest?

IWB behind the hip (4-5 o'clock)
I use an Alien Gear
and an N82 with neoprene ( I think it is the profesional )

I like Fobus paddle for OWB.
which is right on/behind hip - 3-4 o'clock.

@BlackdogGS - you didn't mention, where do you plan to carry?
none of mine will work for ankle carry.

For my S&W Shield, I use a Wright Leather Works, leather OWB holster they call their "Predator" model. It's a simple pancake holster, FBI slight forward cant, leather stiffener strip to help keep the mouth open, I find it very comfortable and well built.

Best of luck with your search.

I go back and forth between carrying my G26 and Shield.
I just bought a cheap kydex inside the waist band holster from a Veteran owned place on Amazon. It's not bad. Less than $30.

I use a similar one for my G26.

I suggest skipping the OWB, unless you have a specific reason to OC. As far as IWB, may I suggest appendix carry? I HATED appendix carry for about 10 days, long enough to get used to it and long enough to realize that it just works and dissolves under an untucked shirt.

I'd recommend the Extreme Concealment kydex iwb holster, just 25.00 and more than sufficient to handle the Shield. Here's my Shield 45 in one, very comfortable, nice strong and easy to work clip... Can't go wrong for the money... 53EB9AA9-49FC-4951-B935-2E655DCD3F27.jpeg

Another vote for the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck for IWB carry. [For open carry, I go with a full size handgun rather than the Shield.]

For the past ten days I've been trying the appendix carry using a Urban Carry that someone else recommended in another thread. It's best suited, in my opinion, for use with a tucked-in shirt as it places the grip below the belt. Comfortable, works left or right, though the leather creaks like a saddle when I bend over. I'll probably still get another appendix holster that positions the grip just above the belt line to see which I like better.

If you want to avoid spending money on several holsters, your best bet is find someone with a drawer full and ask to borrow them for a week at a time.

For IWB, G-Code Incog.

I use a single clip. I can move it around my waistline as needed for different clothing or comfort. Appendix or 3 o'clock.

Easy on, easy off.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top