JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why is it , that when comes to where the hogs are. So many of you are pansey about telling where the the hogs are. I know where I am going to go 4 wheeling to find them. But no real information from those that realey know. What is up with this.

same reason people don't give up their secret fishing hole.

A friend of mine had a customer call him and ask why there was no service where he went fishing and if there was ever going to be a tower put in there so he could use his phone. When asked where that was he bumbled around the question and wouldn't tell him.

Sometimes you search for years for a great spot to hunt, and to give it up to someone on a forum and take their word that they aren't going to screw it up for them doesn't sound like a great option.

Are you talking about the pork kind or the NW bar kind? If your having problems finding the later then you are not in OR or WA there :s0131:EVERYWHERE:s0131: please help your self to however many you like.....:s0095::s0140:

While they are increasing in numbers they are in no way 'thick' right now. Their environments are patchy and they do not run in large groups and they move around a lot. A few years ago a guy shot one while deer hunting near Gray Butte north of Redmond, OR. The weather in Oregon may be a natural control to any real population explosion like they are experiencing in the southern states. Try to catch the show Pig Bomb on the Discovery Channel

Why dont we put together a little pig posse together and find where these bastards are hanging out. I really want to get one without driving all the way to texas or arizona. So are these pink like escaped aggricultural hogs or the feral ones running around Hawaii. Yes I know the feral hogs in hawaii escaped, but they escaped years ago and gone back to their mongrel roots. We caught one in a snare at our friends compost heap. It was amazing but red like beef. I have always played with the idea finding a place to get em with a bow. I am up for a trip if any of you others wanna make a trip of it. We can split the gas and carpool. I am just wasting weekends while not hunting. I gotsa truck that can fit four and just need a direction. Lets get a little pig search together and see if we can get some of our own. PM me if you are interested or know a good place to scout out. Lets make this happen. Yee Haw!!:s0155:

I think it would be a blast to go hog hunting! but with the info i have found it looks like the piggys go through 5 different units. Grizzly, Ochoco, Maupin, Biggs and Fossil so that is alot of high desert to cover. So who wants to do some long range scouting!

Specific locations of feral swine are hard to come by as they are mostly on private lands and they move around. The major feral swine activity in Oregon is generally located in near Madras, Maupin, Fossil, Spray and Mitchell —the hot bed of activity being a large circle around the Antelope area.

Think most of these in Oregon are of the Russian import variety....brown and sometimes a little mottled. Ranchers were told they would be easy to care for/cheap etc......but they go their own way as adults. They have been hard to find for me when out predator hunting.....here they are great eating....

What i have gathered so far from my research is that pigs will be in or close to forests and near water. So that kinda takes biggs and maupin of the map. But it opens alot of areas NW to S of Antelope. Because i have read that wild boar will trave between 10 to 50 miles in search of food. Next month is the start of there mating season so they should be a little more easier to find.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top