JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, since the Oregon primary system won't allow me to vote for anyone in the democrat party, as long as I'm not registered as a democrat,... It won't be hillary or anyone else with a "D" beside their name. I don't see myself making a party affiliation change to democrat anytime soon.
As a gun owner however, if I were a democrat, it wouldn't matter if mephistopheles was running against her, I still couldn't bring myself to vote for hillary.

So which Republican are you going to vote for in their primaries? I missed the word primary.

Since no one has emerged as a front-runner yet, or articulated their vision(s) for policy and platform(s), I haven't even considered one.
Unlike hillary supporters, especially in the media, that are already pushing for her, based on the pro-gun-control vote.

The 2nd amendment is very important but there are other rights and issues to me that are equally important.
There it is.
Thanks JG, that's what I figured you'd say.

PS: There should be NOTHING more important than adhering to The Constitution and the oath to uphold it. ALL of it.
"Other rights and issues" should be weighed against whether or not they are spelled out in our founding documents. Few are as obvious as the 1st and 2nd, and few have been as vetted and verified by the SCOTUS as the 1st and the 2nd Amendments.

Please weigh your "other issues" carefully.

Last Edited:
There it is.
Thanks JG, that's what I figured you'd say.

PS: There should be NOTHING more important than adhering to The Constitution and the oath to uphold it. ALL of it.
"Other rights and issues" should be weighed against whether or not they are spelled out in our founding documents. Few are as obvious as the 1st and 2nd, and few have been as vetted and verified by the SCOTUS as the 1st and the 2nd Amendments.

Please weigh your "other issues" carefully.
That is your opinion - it is my understanding that there were t least 9 other amendments in the original bill of rights. They are all equally important.

Funny how you posted that accusation immediately after my post when I questioned the accuracy, and when I took you to task for it and gave you the opportunity to clarify your post, you ignored it.

That is your opinion - it is my understanding that there were t least 9 other amendments in the original bill of rights. They are all equally important.
So what part of "ALL of it" didn't you get?
On the topic of "issues," many of the "issues" that the media and the democrat party makes hay out of have nothing to do with The Constitution and/or the BoR.

So what part of "ALL of it" didn't you get?
On the topic of "issues," many of the "issues" that the media and the democrat party makes hay out of have nothing to do with The Constitution and/or the BoR.
You seem to hear what you want to hear I stated "other rights and issues" - you don't have the right to tell me what I feel to be important.

Funny how you posted that accusation immediately after my post when I questioned the accuracy, and when I took you to task for it and gave you the opportunity to clarify your post, you ignored it.
So, are you butthurt over misinterpreting my post based on a timing issue?
Or are you butthurt over being ignored?

Make up your mind, and maybe I'll be able to explain it to you.
Probably not to your satisfaction, but if it's simply a matter of clarification, I'll do my best.

You seem to hear what you want to hear I stated "other rights and issues" - you don't have the right to tell me what I feel to be important.
You're right JG, I don't, and I am not pretending that I do.
I just like it when you clarify for myself and other members, what those issues are, and why you feel they are as important as the 1st and 2nd Amendments.
You know, here. On this GUN FORUM.
Something I think every member should be ready to do willingly.

You're right JG, I don't, and I am not pretending that I do.
I just like it when you clarify for myself and other members, what those issues are, and why you feel they are as important as the 1st and 2nd Amendments.
You know, here. On this GUN FORUM.
Something I think every member should be ready to do willingly.

You do not make the rules on this board and there is no requirement to do so or have you recently taken ownership of this site? I don't have to clarify myself for you or anyone else but if requested nicely I probably will except that I know you like to play games.

Sounds like you're the one who's butthurt, after being called out as a liar. Take responsibility for your posts, and you might get a little respect.
So, are you butthurt over misinterpreting my post based on a timing issue?
Or are you butthurt over being ignored?

Make up your mind, and maybe I'll be able to explain it to you.
Probably not to your satisfaction, but if it's simply a matter of clarification, I'll do my best.

Jamie thinks it's okay when ranchers become parasites off the American taxpayers, but not those who are the normal recipients of the sort of social service programs that Democrats prefer. Typical Republican hypocrite, and a good example of why I left the GOP and am now a Libertarian.

You do not make the rules on this board and there is no requirement to do so or have you recently taken ownership of this site? I don't have to clarify myself for you or anyone else but if requested nicely I probably will except that I know you like to play games.
Whoa there JG! When did I say it was a requirement? Who said you had to?
Not me. I said I like it when you do.

And I don't like it when people hide behind generic terms like "other issues."

So don't put words in my mouth.

Jamie thinks it's okay when ranchers become parasites off the American taxpayers, but not those who are the normal recipients of the sort of social service programs that Democrats prefer. Typical Republican hypocrite, and a good example of why I left the GOP and am now a Libertarian.
Rarely has anyone ever missed the mark about my political stance as badly as you just did Mr samurai.
I am so glad you can feel superior over your misinterpreted (lack of) understanding about the issues surrounding public land grazing, social service programs and the position of conservatives, as well as my position on both issues.
If you want to talk about hypocrisies, how about you start with your failure to understand the very meaning of the word "liberty" and "libertarian" when it comes to the government's jack-booted policy regarding public lands, and the promises made to homesteaders.
Promises that are more than 100 years old, and that people have staked their lives, and their children's lives on for generations.
People that were the very definition of the word "libertarian," and "independent.'

This has gone far enough. It is supposed to be about additional gun control, and hillary's plain spoken stance in favor of it.
One that I am voicing opposition to, and am trying to discern whether it carries as much weight with other members/posters.

Now you're here calling me a liar over your misunderstanding of one of my posts, in a completely different thread.
You insisted on inserting yourself in this discussion because you don't like me apparently, I get that.
But fer chrissakes, try to stay on topic!
or MYOB!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top