JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Red_beard @Koda Thanks guys, much appreciated. One last question...how's the water resistance if any? Guessing I could always treat it with Nikwax or something.

Water resistence is great but keep in mind where its used is fairly protected from rain. In cold or bad weather I wear it next to my baselayer shirt so any softshell or rain jacket is over it. The only caution to this way if when I zip up the jacket over it makes me look like I got huge tits and become the butt of all the jokes from my hunting buddies which is fine but the odd situation was the funny look from some other hunter dude I ran into in the woods...

Water resistence is great but keep in mind where its used is fairly protected from rain. In cold or bad weather I wear it next to my baselayer shirt so any softshell or rain jacket is over it. The only caution to this way if when I zip up the jacket over it makes me look like I got huge tits and become the butt of all the jokes from my hunting buddies which is fine but the odd situation was the funny look from some other hunter dude I ran into in the woods...

:s0001:

Just as long as he didn't smile and say Yur kinda purty:eek:

What holster(s) are you using for carry while hiking or backpacking? My Kingtuk doesnt handshake well with the waist straps of my packs. That being the case, I need suggestions. I would prefer to keep on my person instead of in/on my pack for obvious reasons. Guns to be carried are P229 or SP101.

Thank you in advance:cool:

I hike with a Blade-Tech IWB holster clipped to my shoulder strap and carry a Springfield XD-S. Works just fine! I operate under the assumption that should I run into a "4 Legged" not so friendly... The report alone from this .45 ACP will send them running...

20180624_095645.jpg

I hike with a Blade-Tech IWB holster clipped to my shoulder strap and carry a Springfield XD-S. Works just fine! I operate under the assumption that should I run into a "4 Legged" not so friendly... The report alone from this .45 ACP will send them running...

View attachment 504980
Welcome to the forum...good first post. That might work with a big cat, but I personally wouldn't expect a black bear with cubs or a bull elk to respond in that manner.

Welcome to the forum...good first post. That might work with a big cat, but I personally wouldn't expect a black bear with cubs or a bull elk to respond in that manner.

Thank you sir. I have been an active reader of this forum for a year or so. I subscribe to the "Better to have an not need, than need and not have..." Philosophy. I ain't Davy Crockett and won't be rasslin' bears with my bare hands... :)

Check out the Blade-Tech holsters with the Tek-Lok attachment. If there's any way your pack waistbelt will accommodate this, that's your ticket, and it can be easily moved from pack to belt once in camp.

Last Edited:
What holster(s) are you using for carry while hiking or backpacking? My Kingtuk doesnt handshake well with the waist straps of my packs. That being the case, I need suggestions. I would prefer to keep on my person instead of in/on my pack for obvious reasons. Guns to be carried are P229 or SP101.

Thank you in advance:cool:
I used to carry an airweight SW in a soft holster attached to my chest strap basically with the pistol in front of my heart easy to grab right handed. When friends planned a 3 day hike at upper Priest Falls on the ID/Canadia border in griz country I thought it foolish to even bother with the .38. I started carrying a SW 44mag stainless with 6 in barrel (although the Mountain Gun is a nice model for this purpose) and to avoid adding all the extra weight on my back I got a soft fabric thigh holster. Worked great. Fortunately we only encountered griz tracks and no griz. Even with a 44mag I would still have concerns about a griz re-enacting a scene from 'The Revenant' on me but I'd rather have it than not.
I rarely backpack these days but if/when I go out again I will go with one of the two described options.

I know blade tech doesn't make a holster for my Redhawk but has anybody adapted a holster to the tek lok system for a heavier da revolver? I guess I will test out the tek lok system with my G20 first and see if may be suitable for the weight of a RH. I like the idea of being able to move holster to different belts and packs easily.

I know blade tech doesn't make a holster for my Redhawk but has anybody adapted a holster to the tek lok system for a heavier da revolver? I guess I will test out the tek lok system with my G20 first and see if may be suitable for the weight of a RH. I like the idea of being able to move holster to different belts and packs easily.

The Tek-Lok itself can be purchased separately and has numerous holes in it that can be used to attach it to any holster system with a rigid backing. Shop around, use your imagination, test the balance to be sure the Tek-Lok is attached high enough to keep the center of balance on the heavy gun low, and you should be GTG.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews