JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please school me on this!!
Are they that nuts or.. Is it an infidelity thing?

In my case, yes she slept with everyone who gave her some attention. She even flew across the country to spend the weekend with a guy she met on the internet through her work. She told me she had to attend a meeting. Boy, I'll say. It was quite a meeting. Then me being the supportive husband who trusted her was played the fool.

I didn't find out the truth of her trip until she met her (now) second ex-husband on christiansingles.com. Yup, you read that right. She's on a single's web site even though we were married in her words "happily". Turned out her second ex saw she was nuts before their second anniversary and got out.

One of her friends who freely admitted to me she got into nursing simply to land herself a doctor. (Even after two kids she was still smoking hot). She left whatever poor dumb bastard she was married to whenever someone who in her eyes was better would come along. Anyway, she was on her second or maybe third marriage, and the doctor (she later landed) was about 5 years into his first. His wife literally downloaded their first kid less than 2 months before my ex-wife's friend ended up preggers. That's how she landed him.

Another friend of the ex didn't like men (or women either) but she wanted to have a kid. She ended up PAYING to be artificially inseminated. :s0125:

I could come up with many more examples, but I'm sure this paints a pretty good picture.

Like 308 said, there are some smoking hot nurses, and if one wants to have anything other than a NSA weekend then RUN!!!

In my case, yes she slept with everyone who gave her some attention. She even flew across the country to spend the weekend with a guy she met on the internet through her work. She told me she had to attend a meeting. Boy, I'll say. It was quite a meeting. Then me being the supportive husband who trusted her was played the fool.

I didn't find out the truth of her trip until she met her (now) second ex-husband on christiansingles.com. Yup, you read that right. She's on a single's web site even though we were married in her words "happily". Turned out her second ex saw she was nuts before their second anniversary and got out.

One of her friends who freely admitted to me she got into nursing simply to land herself a doctor. (Even after two kids she was still smoking hot). She left whatever poor dumb bastard she was married to whenever someone who in her eyes was better would come along. Anyway, she was on her second or maybe third marriage, and the doctor (she later landed) was about 5 years into his first. His wife literally downloaded their first kid less than 2 months before my ex-wife's friend ended up preggers. That's how she landed him.

Another friend of the ex didn't like men (or women either) but she wanted to have a kid. She ended up PAYING to be artificially inseminated. :s0125:

I could come up with many more examples, but I'm sure this paints a pretty good picture.

Like 308 said, there are some smoking hot nurses, and if one wants to have anything other than a NSA weekend then RUN!!!

Seriously noted.. Ive heard stories about nurses..

Seriously noted.. Ive heard stories about nurses..
I was engaged to one. Pretty brunette, blue eyed Psych Nurse. She was amazing one day and psychotic the next. Saw dead people some times and went into deep depression then rebound out and become a great friend and companion, only to repeat the same thing over and over. We broke up and she did her usual match.com hook up with a bunch of guys. She finally met a Beaverton LEO on match and they got married. I honestly hope they are happy, but she really had some deep issues.

Not all nurses are crazy. Though, it helps in their line of work sometimes. Would you want to take care of the injured, sick and dying every day?

I know a several which are very solid individuals who take care of people when they most need it.

I'll admit, that some of them are wacky crazy, but when I'm hurt I still want a nurse to help me. :)

You guys think you got it bad now, wait until you are in your sixties and look for a woman:D
You just may be surprised. It aint like it was anymore. My wife is 24yrs younger than me and good looking, so there will be no complaining from this guy :D

You just may be surprised. It aint like it was anymore. My wife is 24yrs younger than me and good looking, so there will be no complaining from this guy :D

:D You left yourself open there for some bad redneck hill billy jokes. I will cut you some slack though.:D

My ex-nurse was really really good at "helping me" when I needed it. I enjoyed helping her too :D

Oh yes...... As long as it's NSA life is good. Make her breakfast then have her leave before she manages to dump any of her baggage and life will stay good. Anything after that will not end good. I don't care how good she is at "helping". Just remember, you're likely not the only one she's "helping" at that point in time. (Just sayin')

On the flip side, one of the best things the ex did for me was bring a hot friend of hers over for a few unbelievable weekends. Not sure what her motives were. It was probably her way of trying to make things up to me. (For those who've never had something like that, and wonder what they're like. Well, I'll just say it's impossible to overstate them in their awesomeness. And "awesome" is not a word I tend to use very often.)

Again, as far as nurses go, just keep things NSA with no thoughts of it being anything other than a short term thing and you'll keep your sanity.

I was engaged to one. Pretty brunette, blue eyed Psych Nurse. She was amazing one day and psychotic the next. Saw dead people some times and went into deep depression then rebound out and become a great friend and companion, only to repeat the same thing over and over. We broke up and she did her usual match.com hook up with a bunch of guys. She finally met a Beaverton LEO on match and they got married. I honestly hope they are happy, but she really had some deep issues.
Yeah,a phsyco and a cop,ever heard girls talk about dating cops?
How could they not be happy? Or dead!
While in Idaho,we stopped to glass a hill side on the way back to the house.Along comes a quad with mom,2 kids and rifles.
I'm thinking the move to Idaho may work out,but find the girl without the 2 kids

I have been happily married for a little over a decade now to a woman who insists that we split all the bills. Everything has to be 50/50 We each have our own bank account and then we have a joint one where we each put an equal amount of money into twice a month to pay all the household bills out of. She is an accountant, makes great money which she mostly saves. I have to struggle to get her to spend money on herself, she talks herself out of everything, even stuff she actually needs and should buy. Because of her I have a 800+ credit score and I never have to ask to buy something or justify what I bought. She is not a gun nut but far from anti gun, She used to have a CC but let it laps. She had several handguns when I met her but is not as excited to go to the range as I am. And she is adorable and funny.

Just wanted to rub that in a bit for you single guys. :D

But really its surprising to me how good things turned out. This is my second marriage and I actually thought my first one was pretty good. In comparison to this one the first one was a train wreck. There are good women out there ( trust me, I am no great catch. If I can find A good one they must not be that hard to come by)

Good to hear man!

Not planning on getting married anytime soon, but it's never too early to start taking notes, right? :D

The split accounts, do you think that has contributed to the success of the marriage? What are the benefits and drawbacks? I have a couple pairs of friends who do that, seems to work for them.

It was not my idea, In my previous marriage I paid for everything so this was a bit strange to get used to. It is a very equatable way to take care of the normal expenses though. We never have money arguments which I think is a big part of what most couples fight about. There is no resentment about who is spending what either. I honestly dont have any idea how much money she has in checking or savings, We talk about retirement and I help make decisions when it comes to her 401K but as far as day to day things we make our own choices without having to justify to each over why we do it.

My only problem has been coming up with my half of the money, She has been at the same company for 22 years and is as solid as they come. Me on the other hand being self employed my income is feast or famine. I may make $10,000 one month and be $5000 short the next to pay the monthly bills. I think if we both where getting paid twice a month the system would be fantastic. As it is I sometimes get months behind at contributing my share and she starts to get a little resentful that she is paying for everything. Since about 2009 the shop has been more or less just breaking even, I hope that that is behind us now and my income is a bit more stable.

I would defiantly recommend it though, My relationship advice is pretty simple.

1) Don't ever stop acting like you are in love.

This is the single biggest reason why couples fall apart. You get caught up in day to day life and start getting irritated at little things and let those build until you cant hardly stand to see the other person. If you always act like you are in love, even when you dont feel like it, much of that simply never happens. I call her "sexy mama" any time I send her a text to ask her a question or favor. She has a similarly silly response when she reply's. Its amazing how this changes things. When you send a text that says "Hey sexy mama :) can you stop and grab some milk?" It is a whole different scenario than "We are out of milk, Can you pick some up?" Same thing when you get a call, You end with "I love you sexy mama" and sound like you do, Even if your not a happy camper. We have been together going on 12 years, We still act like people dating. I have friends and family comment all the time, "Man, I dont know how you do it, My wife is crabby and pissed all the time and you guys always sound so happy" My reply is always the same. "Do you listen to yourself talk to her? Your voice is irritated and short every time you call. You guys are set up to fight every time you open your mouth. What do you expect?" Most guys talk to their significant other (that has been long term) like they are a telemarketer, They are simply trying to avoid any conversation and end it. Everything is always a fight, even just a simple call to ask to stop and get some milk.

I know all that sounds pretty corny, But its huge, its simple and it works. We are human, we dont always feel happy, we dont always want to do the things we need to do but you have the ability to act a certain way. The thing is, how you act becomes how you feel. You act pissed off and grumpy, Your going to be pissed off and grumpy. If you act happy and like you are in love, Your going to feel happy and in love. People also tend to react in kind. You usually get back what you give.

Ok, The doctor is out ;)

I was married for 40+ years before she died of cancer so I know what did make a relationship work. Today's women are different in my opinion so good luck in making it all work out.:D

Yeah well, My Grandparents where married for 50 years, And they hated each other. It is a different world today. If you dont like each other your not likely to stay together.

I was married a very long time, then my wife inherited a ton of $$ and decided she could do better than me. I accept responsibility for my previous lack of sensitivity in the relationship, but I've learned a lot in the last 5+ years.

IMO, one of the best things a couple can do in a relationship is practice forgiveness. When was explained to me as "cancelling the debt" because "the relationship is more valuable than the debt", it made sense...finally. None of us needs to pack around that invisible backpack full of offenses remembered from someone who has offended us in some way.

My new wife of two years is one who truly cancels my debt on an ongoing basis, and I do the same for her because she is valuable. She is my little rock and I'm very fortunate to have met her and even more so to have been able to marry her.

Yeah well, My Grandparents where married for 50 years, And they hated each other. It is a different world today. If you dont like each other your not likely to stay together.

My point exactly, things change and so do people. You change some things as you go along but core values have to remain strong. You grow together or grow apart. Start looking at couples and you will see they fit together even in their looks.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top