JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had robotic prostate surgery in July.
I am following all precautions.

I have an ultrasound today, for my abdominal aortal aneurysm and hope that when I have the repair surgery, it doesn't ruin my summer, like the prostate surgery did.

Don't make the mistake of doing too much, too soon, that may get you a permanent urinary catheter.
The catheter I had for 11 days and hope I never need another one.

I know of one guy that ignored the precautions and now has a permanent catheter, that is really stupid.

I had robotic prostate surgery in July.
I am following all precautions.

I have an ultrasound today, for my abdominal aortal aneurysm and hope that when I have the repair surgery, it doesn't ruin my summer, like the prostate surgery did.

Don't make the mistake of doing too much, too soon, that may get you a permanent urinary catheter.
The catheter I had for 11 days and hope I never need another one.

I know of one guy that ignored the precautions and now has a permanent catheter, that is really stupid.

It's a hernia, not a prostate. They didn't get anywhere near my ureter, urethra or bladder. They didn't even get into my abdominal cavity, the mesh went between the abdominal muscles and the peritoneum.

Glad you are going better. I had an internal hernia within my intestine this summer and had emergency surgery to have it repaired via laparoscopy. They ended up removing a small portion of intestine and that was a bubblegum to recover from. I was off work for just under 5 weeks.

word of advice, don't go too happy on the pain pills... get the pain down to a dull ache but not pain free... the pain helps you remember where the surgery was and when you start doing more than you should...

also opiate dependence is very common, particularly with people who end up using oxycontin which is a long acting pain medicine...

just use it sparingly and do let it wear off a bit before using the next dose to really know if you need the next one...

popping it on schedule makes the likelihood of you becoming dependent/addicted on it higher... and it can happen to anybody, far easier than you think...

word of advice, don't go too happy on the pain pills... get the pain down to a dull ache but not pain free... the pain helps you remember where the surgery was and when you start doing more than you should...

also opiate dependence is very common, particularly with people who end up using oxycontin which is a long acting pain medicine...

just use it sparingly and do let it wear off a bit before using the next dose to really know if you need the next one...

popping it on schedule makes the likelihood of you becoming dependent/addicted on it higher... and it can happen to anybody, far easier than you think...

Pooping on schedule is important to me, too. And since opiates in any form tend to hinder that natural process, I try my damndest to get off that stuff asap after abdominal surgery. Hurts a little, makes me stay cautious (to heal faster), and keeps the cargo moving.

I had that surgery. The only catch for me was that two doctors had felt it but when they opened me up, there wasn't one. It was the strangest thing. The doc even took pics so he could show me later. So it was a fun time recovering from surgery for nothing. But, if I remember correctly, I didn't have a lot of trouble primarily from the fact that they hadn't worked on anything in there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top