JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been experiencing severe back and shoulder pain for several months along with my left arm being numb. I got tired of my Dr treating me for pulled muscles and carpal tunnel. I got a second opinion and found out I have a tumor that's destroyed a vertebrae in my neck, possibly cancerous. They will be removing the tumor and damaged bone and replacing with a cadaver bone and plates. Hopefully the tumor is benign. I've made financial plans to take care of my wife and kids just in case as there are some pretty serious risks involved. Anyways, if you don't hear from me again then I've moved on.

Hang tough, you should be in good hands, but just in case, knee mail outdound!
Maybe make your usuer name and pass word available to loved ones, just in case!

Best wishes of a successful procedure and swift healing! Prayers sent, and if you need any thing, the staff here and members would bend over backwards for ya!

Best wishes for the surgery. I had a cervical fusion back in 2005, sans the tumor complication. For that, recovery was pretty routine. Neck brace for a long time was inconvenient. Good thing we have those cadavers for generous however unwitting donation of bone material for grafting. Lately, I've been getting similar donations for bone grafts necessary for tooth implants.

Best of wishes on your speedy recovery. If it means anything, I had spinal surgery (with disc fusion), among a few other major surgeries, years ago and went through it fine, at least physically. Just take it easy and let the body do its thing. (Pro-tip: don't do anything silly like climbing Saddle Mountain shortly afterward due to machismo ideas. I have it on good authority that isn't a good call. :s0155:)

You'll be fine.
Besides, we have plans for you down here, for a long while.

But just in case, can I have your guns ?

J/K :)

Keep us in the loop !
Funny to mention that about all my earthly possessions. I specified to my wife about what goes where and to whom. She was directed to be generous to this very fine forum. Now, as long as the tumor is not cancerous you all will have to put up with me for some time! All this excitement and I'm not even 40 (until next month!) LOL. I'll keep everyone posted about my recovery. I can't kick off yet, I'm still waiting on my first suppressor!

If you dont make it, send us a sign from the other side...Seriously though, hope all goes well and back on here soon.

Last Edited:
I know a lot about spine surgery. I covered about 1,000 as a rep. Some exactly like your situation. Tumor and all. They will take care of you. As far as the surgery, those are very routine. Corpectomy with anterior fusion.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews