JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These auctions are fun, but unless you are bidding on something pretty obscure that no one else really wants, you are very unlikely to find a bargain. Consider this:

1. Auctions are structured to ensure over-valuation. That's because some people will value the item correctly, some will over-estimate its value (or value it more highly for personal reasons), and some will under-estimate its value. Those who over-estimate (or just plain get carried away, which is it's own problem in auctions) always win any competitive auction.

2. The buyer's premium. Ouch. 10-12 % of what you bid.

3. The transfer fees. Like buying from any FFL, rather than FTF.

4. The seller's reserve. A minimum winning bid, set by the seller or auctioneer, ensures that you won't get a smoking deal just because no one else bids.

But I love 'em. I might be at both the one in Boring and the one in NW PDX this weekend just to watch the show. :D

Auctions are fun and I always register, but seldom bid anymore..most of the time you can beat auction prices on CL. but they don't sell guns, so see you all Sunday. :D

I just called the auction site (Fri. PM) and learned that there is no air-conditioning........................ They will open doors for a cross-breeze, but there is not much wind today......................... I don't think I can face it!.......................elsullo :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top