Henry Announces Side Loading Gates

Reactions
OP
DirectDrive
Reactions
Ummmm, kinda old news.....from April 2019:

Ummm, no.
They had a few models with side gates, yes.
But never this many models.
Just announced yesterday, Nov. 23, 2020

Henry rifle stock has mysteriously dried up at all the stores for weeks if not months.
This is why.
The new models are starting to ship now, according to Henry.

Glad I couldn't find that (old model) Big Boy Steel 44 mag.
The new model will have faster twist, side gate and large loop (if I want).

Last edited:
Ummm, no.
They had a few models with side gates, yes.
But never this many models.
Just announced yesterday, Nov. 23
I wasn’t trying to deflate you, your thread title says “Henry announces side loading gates” and I was pointing out that they have been out for a while. The additional models will certainly be welcome to Henry fans.

The Heretic

Reactions
Yeah but it's American
So is Marlin and Mossberg?

I am hoping that Ruger decides to produce some octagon carbines - although I don't care for the Marlin '94. I would prefer they make a Model '92 - especially if they make it in .454 or even .460 (I don't think they will make it in .460; they can't bring themselves to produce anything in a S&W .460).

The BHA lever actions cost 2-3X more, but also shoot .460 mag

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
I am hoping for that Model '92 in 454. I would get one. I am getting the big lever sometime soon from BHA. (But I opted for the 500 S&W. Waiting on the email that tells me it is done.)

But I would, like Reno, LOVE a 327 federal side loading gate Henry (preferably threaded) 327 federal is absurdly fun in my TC encore, and the fact that you can shove practically any 32 caliber anything in there is pretty fun too. (Though accuracy is abysmal with 32acp in mine.)

Reno

Reactions
I am hoping for that Model '92 in 454. I would get one. I am getting the big lever sometime soon from BHA. (But I opted for the 500 S&W. Waiting on the email that tells me it is done.)

But I would, like Reno, LOVE a 327 federal side loading gate Henry (preferably threaded) 327 federal is absurdly fun in my TC encore, and the fact that you can shove practically any 32 caliber anything in there is pretty fun too. (Though accuracy is abysmal with 32acp in mine.)
I’ve shot the regular, it feeds pretty much any rimmed 32 cal.

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
I will get the 327 when it is a side gate. I may have to get it threaded, but that would be an excellen choice.

Last edited:

L84Cabo

Reactions
Well shoot (pun intended). I've always avoided looking at Henrys because tube fed was a deal breaker. Guess I can't use that excuse anymore. And just in time for Christmas too. Good timing on their part.

RVTECH

Reactions
I've always avoided looking at Henrys because tube fed was a deal breaker.
This seems to be a common thread for many.

Oddly. for me, it was never a consideration when I was thinking about a Henry and I had already owned many side gate rifles.

UPCOMING EVENTS

The Lead Farm PRS club match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, friendly staff!
    J&B is a great local shop with good folks running it. I was looking for a G45 a while ago and wanted the front serrations and no grip notch. I...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place for transfers!
    I've done plenty of transfers there, it's close to my office. The staff knows their stuff and always friendly. I've done at least 15 transfers...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Always a pleasure to visit.
    :s0015: I've used this shop for many years, never had an issue. Great prices, everyone I've met working there has been top-notch, and I do like...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
Top Bottom