JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ummmm, kinda old news.....from April 2019:

Darn, no 327 mag side gate...

Im hoping they make more options in that caliber.

Ummmm, kinda old news.....from April 2019:

Ummm, no.
They had a few models with side gates, yes.
But never this many models.
Just announced yesterday, Nov. 23, 2020

Henry rifle stock has mysteriously dried up at all the stores for weeks if not months.
This is why.
The new models are starting to ship now, according to Henry.

Glad I couldn't find that (old model) Big Boy Steel 44 mag.
The new model will have faster twist, side gate and large loop (if I want).

Last Edited:
Ummm, no.
They had a few models with side gates, yes.
But never this many models.
Just announced yesterday, Nov. 23

I wasn't trying to deflate you, your thread title says "Henry announces side loading gates" and I was pointing out that they have been out for a while. The additional models will certainly be welcome to Henry fans.

Yeah but it's American

So is Marlin and Mossberg?

I am hoping that Ruger decides to produce some octagon carbines - although I don't care for the Marlin '94. I would prefer they make a Model '92 - especially if they make it in .454 or even .460 (I don't think they will make it in .460; they can't bring themselves to produce anything in a S&W .460).

The BHA lever actions cost 2-3X more, but also shoot .460 mag

I am hoping for that Model '92 in 454. I would get one. I am getting the big lever sometime soon from BHA. (But I opted for the 500 S&W. Waiting on the email that tells me it is done.)

But I would, like Reno, LOVE a 327 federal side loading gate Henry (preferably threaded) 327 federal is absurdly fun in my TC encore, and the fact that you can shove practically any 32 caliber anything in there is pretty fun too. (Though accuracy is abysmal with 32acp in mine.)

I am hoping for that Model '92 in 454. I would get one. I am getting the big lever sometime soon from BHA. (But I opted for the 500 S&W. Waiting on the email that tells me it is done.)

But I would, like Reno, LOVE a 327 federal side loading gate Henry (preferably threaded) 327 federal is absurdly fun in my TC encore, and the fact that you can shove practically any 32 caliber anything in there is pretty fun too. (Though accuracy is abysmal with 32acp in mine.)
I've shot the regular, it feeds pretty much any rimmed 32 cal.

Well shoot (pun intended). I've always avoided looking at Henrys because tube fed was a deal breaker. Guess I can't use that excuse anymore. And just in time for Christmas too. Good timing on their part.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top